HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Clarke Takes a shot at Goodenow (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=132246)

RJ8812* 02-28-2005 05:28 PM

Clarke Takes a shot at Goodenow

TSN Story

Atta boy bobby

Yertle The Turtle 02-28-2005 06:26 PM

:handclap: :handclap:

donelikedinner 02-28-2005 06:46 PM

give bobby a stick & goodenow's ankle and i bet they could settle this dispute real quick :joker:

FlyersGuy69 02-28-2005 08:32 PM

put them two in the same room and Clarke will have Goodenow say'n daddy inside of 5 minutes.

Snydley Whiplash* 03-01-2005 01:22 PM

Clarke is a total goof with half a brain. Goodenow couldn't have a battle of
wits with booby cuz clarke is unarmed. You who applaud clarke are showing
your wisdom as well.
Just a side note, Do you realize that any half decent GM with Clarkes budget
would have had a half dozen stanley cups by now. And yet you praise
the man :shakehead

Yertle The Turtle 03-01-2005 01:38 PM

Clarkey may not be the best, Smartest, Best looking :joker: , or cooperative general manager but he keeps our team competitive year in and year out.

Roger's Pancreas* 03-01-2005 01:43 PM

a whopping seven posts of wisdom, each of them trolling.
Clarke's "budget" was tied up in past achievements of fading stars such as John Leclair, and Tony Amonte. Ontop of this we had still been recovering from the Lindros trade if you believe it. Yet he still brings a competitive team without a stellar goal scorer or number one defenseman.

Roger's Pancreas* 03-01-2005 02:08 PM

There wasn't any excuses when it came to Big E. Clarke told the man how it was gonna go, when Eric decided he was too important to be coached he got benched. The only excuse that was made was how Brian and Roman mastered the art of inconstiency in a timely fashion. You can ask any Kings fan how far off Bobby was on Roman, or Phoenix on Boucher (remember that record shutout streak that should have been enough to earn a vezina.) Better be careful you run your mouth without anything to offer, pretty soon people aren't going to read through any of your ****.

goodrev 03-01-2005 02:55 PM

clarke didnt make the lindross trade also.... just a side note

Rex88 03-01-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snydley Whiplash
your wisdom as well.

The Flyers lack of cups is tough on us but the Flyers have won more playoff series than any team except the Canadiens since expansion. BC does a good job on most days - yes some bonehead moves - but he speaks his mind and loves the game and the team and is very loyal.
On the budget - I guess that is why the Rags are so tough year in and out. Half a dozen cups - get a grip. Yes he has overpaid with certain guys (Leclair/JR/Amonte) recently but puts a very good product on the ice.

stanley 03-01-2005 03:36 PM

Quote:

your wisdom as well.
the man

[Plus, two additional drivel-containing posts]

SW,
Great posts. This is probably the first time anybody has ever come onto HF and enlightened the Flyer board with this kind of colorful language. I think I can safely speak for everyone else here in suggesting that we've never read anything about BC as you've included, and your inclusion of Eric Lindros rhetoric was simply brilliant. I mean, who would have ever thought to include Lindros when trying to pan Clarke. Revolutionary! And then you wrote "Booby" instead of "Bobby!" Not since Edison called Wilson has the world seen such creativity. The originality caused my head to enter into full spin at this point. A true trail-blazer, you are. I wasn't going to check in today, but look what I would have missed!

---------------------------

Guys,
I have to wonder what Clarke's getting at here. I would have to agree that Goodenow's dedication to the game are in question. The Union? Sure. But the game? I've yet to see how. Nevertheless, wasn't it Gary Bettman et. al who have expanded the league to traditional non-hockey cities? I think Clarke's intentions are well-meant, but I'm not so sure about the guiltiness of his target.

Snydley Whiplash* 03-01-2005 03:40 PM

No, I applaud all u who believe that clarke is in anyway a competent
GM. I wish I could find the drugs that make that a reality.
Keep up YOUR wonderful work.

Yertle The Turtle 03-01-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stanley
SW,
Great posts. This is probably the first time anybody has ever come onto HF and enlightened the Flyer board with this kind of colorful language. I think I can safely speak for everyone else here in suggesting that we've never read anything about BC as you've included, and your inclusion of Eric Lindros rhetoric was simply brilliant. I mean, who would have ever thought to include Lindros when trying to pan Clarke. Revolutionary! And then you wrote "Booby" instead of "Bobby!" Not since Edison called Wilson has the world seen such creativity. The originality caused my head to enter into full spin at this point. A true trail-blazer, you are. I wasn't going to check in today, but look what I would have missed!

:lol: :lol: Nicely put Stanley... Very nicely put ;)

Rex88 03-01-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

How about a reason for your comments??
Have something behind calling out a person - or have you already found the drugs you mentioned?

PF 03-01-2005 05:12 PM

Praise the ignore list!

jb** 03-01-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Who is your favorite team, Tampa Bay?

Rails 03-02-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

your wisdom as well.

Toronto, New York, Detriot, Colorado, Dallas, Philadelphia

All of these teams have huge budgets...only two have won the cup in the past five years. Jackass.

dedalus 03-06-2005 03:31 PM

Guys like Clarke and Burke are pitbulls for the league. The NHLPA has people like Chelios, guys who will be pure rabble rousers and help (1) keep the troops in line with their fire and rhetoric; (2) spur the emotional elements of the public at large. The fact that Bob Clarke actually forced Goodenow to address his, Clarke's, statements is a victory for Clarke and the league. It signals that Goodenow feels he must defend himself from even the most outrageous of attacks. That's a position of weakness.

Like or dislike Clarke as a GM, the guy knows his role in this labor war, and he plays it well. Good on him.