HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Phoenix Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Rumor: GMDM looking for "No. 2 scoring center" (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322519)

AZcoyotes33 01-13-2013 02:50 PM

GMDM looking for "No. 2 scoring center"

This via Craig Morgan's twitter:
Quote:

@cmorgancbsfoxaz: #Coyotes GM Don Maloney said he had hoped to have a trade done for a forward today but the trade partner wasn't ready to say yes.

@cmorgancbsfoxaz: Maloney said top priority is to find a C. No. 2, scoring.
Craig Morgan is at the Coyotes media day... let the rumors and speculation begin.

Also before people start the Yandle to Boston rumors, take notice that Yandle has been one of the key players during media day. He has been taking a lot of pictures in front of the green screen, etc. It almost seems the Coyotes are really trying to showcase him and market him. Dont know if he is a realistic option to be traded away. No one besides Doan is "untouchable" but i dont see him being moved right now.

Rabbit 01-13-2013 02:51 PM

That's what I'm talking about baby! Hopefully whoever his trade partner is says yes :)

Rebranded Fan 01-13-2013 03:03 PM

Very good to hear

hbk 01-13-2013 03:11 PM

I'm going to speculate on a Gagner for Rundblad type deal.

BoxOfChocolates 01-13-2013 03:20 PM

O'Reilly?

AZcoyotes33 01-13-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates (Post 57540565)
O'Reilly?

This was my thought. Maybe the Avs werent ready to say yes yet because they are still trying to sign him to a deal. If they arent able to maybe they move him?

Dont know what it would take to get a player that doesnt want to sign with the Avs if thats the case?

Would love to have him tho.

XX 01-13-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates (Post 57540565)
O'Reilly?

I will be pissed if Yandle is traded solely for O'Reilly. That does nothing for us short term or long term. It has to be an absolute win. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes with Yandle that we don't know about.

Colt45Blast 01-13-2013 03:47 PM

Hopefully this is a rumor that is not true since we need a #1 Center. Vermette is the #2 Center with Hanzal at #3 and Gordon at #4.

Patofqc 01-13-2013 03:51 PM

I believe Thomas Plekanec will become available by seasons end, would you guys consider him?

XX 01-13-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patofqc (Post 57542471)
I believe Thomas Plekanec will become available by seasons end, would you guys consider him?

If we've learned anything, it's that Maloney will consider everything for the right price.

zerekstar 01-13-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk (Post 57539705)
I'm going to speculate on a Gagner for Rundblad type deal.

I was thinking along this line too.

rt 01-13-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 57542105)
I will be pissed if Yandle is traded solely for O'Reilly. That does nothing for us short term or long term. It has to be an absolute win. Unless there is something going on behind the scenes with Yandle that we don't know about.

Would it be possible to get ROR without moving Yandle? Maybe Gormley plus?

XX 01-13-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 57543325)
Would it be possible to get ROR without moving Yandle? Maybe Gormley plus?

What about Stone and Chris Brown? Colorado likes Michigan products. Throw Summers in too. Anything but Gormley. If your scouts say he's going to be Shea Weber good, you don't trade him for a guy who had 1 good season and is now being difficult with his contract.

Not when you can have Lombardi for a 3rd and have near the same impact.

zerekstar 01-13-2013 04:11 PM

I wished it was a number one also but maybe it would gut the team too much to get it done.

XX 01-13-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zerekstar (Post 57543575)
I wished it was a number one also but maybe it would gut the team too much to get it done.

Let's be honest here. What does a #2 center do on this team? You roll with Korpi/Sullivan and likely Moss, contributing some offense if possible. Hanzal and Vermette are really 1-2.

RemoAZ 01-13-2013 04:16 PM

If for no other reason, Maloney would say "#2 center" out of respect for Hanzal. If we do get a guy that is a serious scoring threat, I hope we put together a line that can actually pressure the other team on a consistent basis.

Well at least this makes the 1 week training camp interesting.

DesertDawg 01-13-2013 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 57543651)
Let's be honest here. What does a #2 center do on this team? You roll with Korpi/Sullivan and likely Moss, contributing some offense if possible. Hanzal and Vermette are really 1-2.

I agree, I think the 2nd tweet wasn't accurate. I believe Maloney is looking for a scoring forward, RWer or Center. Hopefully it's Iginla...

korpedo 01-13-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patofqc (Post 57542471)

I would love plekanic on our team but I'm not sure what to give back.

I'd put up Gormley and maybe a pick?

AZcoyotes33 01-13-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 57544057)
I agree, I think the 2nd tweet wasn't accurate. I believe Maloney is looking for a scoring forward, RWer or Center. Hopefully it's Iginla...

What do you mean? Maloney said it himself that that was the top priority. Confused on why you would think it wasnt accurate?

zerekstar 01-13-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 57543651)

I know our whole team is very conservative and it has worked out well so far but sometimes it would be nice to make a move to get someone who can put up 1ppg or more although I would cringe at the cost.

RemoAZ 01-13-2013 04:29 PM

Sarah McLellan‏@azc_mclellan

Haven't been able to tweet much this afternoon with #Coyotes media day but this is what I've been told re: trades.

Was a deal in works the last few days and Maloney hoped to accomplish it by start of camp but it's not available anymore.

Deal could still happen but it very well may not. Very fluid time right now with teams assessing needs.

Obviously, and this isn't new, #Coyotes have defensive depth. That's their main bargaining chip.

It's also no secret this team has a need for offensive help, particularly up the middle.

But if a core piece is going to be sacrificed for that, like a Yandle, it would merit a sizable return.

AZcoyotes33 01-13-2013 04:30 PM

Sarah McLellan @azc_mclellan
Quote:

Was a deal in works the last few days and Maloney hoped to accomplish it by start of camp but it's not available anymore.

Patofqc 01-13-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by korpedo (Post 57544243)
I would love plekanic on our team but I'm not sure what to give back.

I'd put up Gormley and maybe a pick?

The Habs would jump on it. I dont think you would have to give up that much.

Alberta Yote 01-13-2013 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RemoAZ (Post 57543839)
If for no other reason, Maloney would say "#2 center" out of respect for Hanzal. If we do get a guy that is a serious scoring threat, I hope we put together a line that can actually pressure the other team on a consistent basis.

Well at least this makes the 1 week training camp interesting.

I would hope that Hanzal isn't really considering himself a #1 center under most circumstances.

Vip 01-13-2013 04:59 PM

Great news. Can't wait to see what unfolds.