HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Not really off to the best start, are we? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322673)

waffledave 01-13-2013 06:34 PM

Not really off to the best start, are we?
 
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I can't shake the feeling that things are off to a terrible start this year.

Cole is unhappy, allegedly considering retirement...I worry about him mailing in the season.

One of our top prospects in Leblanc is apparently being bullied and tormented to the point of having a fractured psyche in Hamilton.

One of the main pieces of our core hasn't signed yet and there are all kinds of rumours of him being disliked by the team (which I don't fully buy, but I don't like to hear about it).

Gomez being sent home...Yes most fans are happy about it, but Gomez was very well liked in the room and had a lot of friends. I'm sure most realize that it's business but I'm betting they aren't thrilled with how it went down.

Honestly, things look to be headed south. For the best I guess, I mean at this point I prefer if they tank and get a Seth Jones or a Drouin/McKinnon, but the "fan" in me hates to see the team lose.

In some ways I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of this current "era" of the Habs. The era of Gionta-Gomez-Plekanec-Markov... The new era will soon begin centred around Price, Pacioretty, Subban and (hopefully) Galchenyuk.

Regardless of how you feel about individual players, it makes me sad to see the cracks beginning to form in the foundation of this team. It will all be for the best, I'm sure, but I hate seeing it anyways.

And honestly...It'll probably get pretty ugly over the next 2 years.

Whitesnake 01-13-2013 06:38 PM

So be it, 'cause in the end, players make the team. Players make the coach better. And Timmins will draft those players. In due time, whether we recognize who is good in our development guys and who isn't. And pray that the guys we picked end up the way they are suppose to be. Added to the guys we already have, 2 years of misery could end up to be 10 years of success story.

But it's all speculation at this point. It is way too dramatic for my liking as of now. To be professionnal we need to act like professionnals. And this organization still is fragile. Till the new staff put their total imprint on it, we will see something like that over a few years like you said.

pine* 01-13-2013 06:40 PM

No excuses.

ClasslessGuy 01-13-2013 06:40 PM

I see good changes! Players that don't want to play for montreal can gtfo

Andy 01-13-2013 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 57550989)

And honestly...It'll probably get pretty ugly over the next 2 years.

Not sure I agree with this right here. The only thing the habs need to really improve is their winger depth (I'm saying this with respect to having a stable team again in the short term, there is still a lot of work to be done), whether it is through the draft, via trade or UFA. I like and am comfortable with the depth on defense in the prospect pool (Tinordi, Ellis, Beaulieu Pateryn...though Patty is more of a long shot than the former 3). Our current D has okay d-men but they don't mesh well as a unit because they're all the same.

I'm also comfortable with the centre depth with Desharnais, Plekanec, Eller and especially if Galchenyuk develops the way we expect.

This year our team is crap on paper and will probably be crap. There's a lot of work to do, but I don't think the next two years will be hell. Like I said, the winger depth is abysmal. We have Pacioretty, that's it. The rest are older declining vets: Gionta, Cole, Bourque. Maybe a Kristo surprises us next year? Even so, a lot of work is needed on the wings.

Jee 01-13-2013 06:44 PM

No excuses.

Et le But 01-13-2013 06:44 PM

Fire Bergevin.

Disappearing Semin 01-13-2013 06:44 PM

Damn , are we already 0-10-0? :sarcasm: how can you say its a bad start?

vokiel 01-13-2013 06:45 PM

NO EXCUSES!

:biglaugh:

This season will be a wash. Breezer even hinted it last summer as he was getting hired. Let some contracts expire as he said and let the tank run while we wait, at this point I don't really care.

Myron Gaines* 01-13-2013 06:45 PM

Let it be.

LeMAD 01-13-2013 06:46 PM

This is a transition year anyways. We have a good young core that will be fun to watch, but like last year, half of our players are spare parts.

But we'll probably draft top-5 and get a great player.

coolasprICE 01-13-2013 06:47 PM

Cole's comments = posturing = non issue

Subban will re-sign long term

Gomez's release = positive

Leblanc = non factor, wasn't going to be a game changer. Don't think he's a top 6 anyways. It is what it is - nothing in anyones control

Et le But 01-13-2013 06:48 PM

So...Drouin, Lindholm or Barkov?

I want Lindholm.

pine* 01-13-2013 06:48 PM

No excuses.

Phil Parent 01-13-2013 06:48 PM

Sometimes you have to eat some **** before you get to the peanut butter only to realize it's not all that different. Quote from an old coach of mine.

And it means we're PROBABLY eating a toast with **** spread on it this year, but if only a couple variables would move, we would be in the playoffs. A hockey team is a very instable thing, the slightest things can move it one way or another.

I never quite made it out of the pot of ****, gotta say. Those peanut butter jars were too good for me :-p

Myron Gaines* 01-13-2013 06:48 PM

Excuses, none.

Craig71 01-13-2013 06:49 PM

It is never boring being a Habs fan, our crap pile always seems much bigger than everyone elses. Our storied franchise has been left in the hands of clowns since our last cup, so lets hope Molson and Bergevin and company can turn it around. If we have to suffer for a year or two it's probably all for the best. GO HABS GO!

ThaDevilGirl 01-13-2013 06:51 PM

Pas d'excuses.

pine* 01-13-2013 06:52 PM

Now there's hell to pay
Oh yeah

Engaged in a war
Xzibit can't help me mo
Clinging on to life
Up into my hideout
Suffocating, no one hears my calls
Engaged in a war
Suffocating, no one hears my cries

Signed,
Scott Gomez

vokiel 01-13-2013 06:54 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/33329536.jpg

McTusk 01-13-2013 06:55 PM

Surprised to see who started this thread.

DJ Breadman 01-13-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waffledave (Post 57550989)
Perhaps I'm being overly pessimistic, but I can't shake the feeling that things are off to a terrible start this year.

Cole is unhappy, allegedly considering retirement...I worry about him mailing in the season.

One of our top prospects in Leblanc is apparently being bullied and tormented to the point of having a fractured psyche in Hamilton.

One of the main pieces of our core hasn't signed yet and there are all kinds of rumours of him being disliked by the team (which I don't fully buy, but I don't like to hear about it).

Gomez being sent home...Yes most fans are happy about it, but Gomez was very well liked in the room and had a lot of friends. I'm sure most realize that it's business but I'm betting they aren't thrilled with how it went down.

Honestly, things look to be headed south. For the best I guess, I mean at this point I prefer if they tank and get a Seth Jones or a Drouin/McKinnon, but the "fan" in me hates to see the team lose.

In some ways I feel we are seeing the beginning of the end of this current "era" of the Habs. The era of Gionta-Gomez-Plekanec-Markov... The new era will soon begin centred around Price, Pacioretty, Subban and (hopefully) Galchenyuk.

Regardless of how you feel about individual players, it makes me sad to see the cracks beginning to form in the foundation of this team. It will all be for the best, I'm sure, but I hate seeing it anyways.

And honestly...It'll probably get pretty ugly over the next 2 years.

This is of course all correct if you believe every single thing you read, which I don't and nobody EVER should

psychonaut 01-13-2013 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ Breadman (Post 57552139)
This is of course all correct if you believe every single thing you read, which I don't and nobody EVER should

Including what your just wrote :sarcasm:

Elverpond 01-13-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Et le But (Post 57551697)
So...Drouin, Lindholm or Barkov?

I want Lindholm.

Drouin!
we need points!

pine* 01-13-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elverpond (Post 57552279)
Drouin!
we need points!

All 3 will provide points.

MacKinnon pls.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.