HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   2012-2013 Goat of the Year Nominations (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322681)

littletonhockeycoach 01-13-2013 07:41 PM

2012-2013 Goat of the Year Nominations
 
Ok, it's early and everyone is just excited that hockey is back but it will only take 1 game (or less) to establish who be will the fans' favorite player to complain about.

Could be tough. Roy is gone, Timmy has left, MAG has departed, Goose has flown away.

Who are the best candidates?

I''ll start by suggesting Vanek, followed by Miller (after that 1st perceived soft goal) and of course Stafford.

Others?

joshjull 01-13-2013 07:44 PM

Why would you want to start this?

Woodhouse 01-13-2013 07:47 PM

Well, if I ever create that "blame thread" that I was considering for each GA, we may actually have "qualitative evidence" of the most frequent goat.

littletonhockeycoach 01-13-2013 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 57551531)
Why would you want to start this?

I guess we don't have the same sense of humor.

If you want to kill the thread, it's OK by me.

joshjull 01-13-2013 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach (Post 57552015)
I guess we don't have the same sense of humor.

If you want to kill the thread, it's OK by me.

I know your kidding and I'm not going to kill the thread. I'm refering to the battles that will be going on all season over this type of stuff. Lets just say I'm not eager to start moderating these things. :laugh:

littletonhockeycoach 01-13-2013 08:13 PM

:phew::facepalm:

Duddy 01-13-2013 08:16 PM

Miller - leading to GCT 18239

aceface33 01-13-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joshjull (Post 57551531)
Why would you want to start this?

Maybe he means Greatest Of All Time thread?

littletonhockeycoach 01-13-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aceface33 (Post 57553391)
Maybe he means Greatest Of All Time thread?

Nah, been there, done that....

Daz28 01-13-2013 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach (Post 57551379)
Ok, it's early and everyone is just excited that hockey is back but it will only take 1 game (or less) to establish who be will the fans' favorite player to complain about.

Could be tough. Roy is gone, Timmy has left, MAG has departed, Goose has flown away.

Who are the best candidates?

I''ll start by suggesting Vanek, followed by Miller (after that 1st perceived soft goal) and of course Stafford.

Others?

Maybe your sense of humor is a little whack, but picking our 2 best players sure makes it look like a troll thread.

littletonhockeycoach 01-13-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daz28 (Post 57553727)
Maybe your sense of humor is a little whack, but picking our 2 best players sure makes it look like a troll thread.

You've been on these boards for the past 5 seasons right?? Everyone has their favorite mole to whomp... Doesn't matter if they play great for 10 games in a row, lead the league in scoring, goals against or what ever.... just one mistake and we're off to the races:laugh:.

Personally, I think most of the problem childs have been shipped out and we're starting fresh.

However, originally being from WNY, I do know that complaining is one of those things that Buffalo fans do best. Second only to getting loaded before, during and after the game.....:laugh:

Daz28 01-13-2013 08:37 PM

Fine, I'll go with Chokin Hecht. He's gonna be the new special Needs.

Disengage 01-13-2013 08:40 PM

Buffalo always loves the backup so I'm taking Miller.

New Sabres Captain 01-13-2013 08:58 PM

It's already started with the Hecht signing in some parts.

Leino is an obvious candidate.

I could see Weber falling into that role if he struggles.

Hodgson might also, esp from the Ennis superfan crowd who need to state that their guy is better, or something like that.

struckbyaparkedcar 01-13-2013 09:04 PM

Miller for his constant chirping during the lockout.

aceface33 01-13-2013 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs (Post 57555071)
Hodgson might also, esp from the Ennis superfan crowd who need to state that their guy is better, or something like that.

Don't you mean the Kassian superfan crowd? There was that one guy.

kirby11 01-13-2013 10:23 PM

1A. Miller
1B. Vanek
2. Leino

Fire Lindy 01-13-2013 10:26 PM

Probably Hodgson, he's going into his 2nd year and is being inserted into our top line to be our #1 center...

McTank 01-13-2013 10:46 PM

Leino and stafford

Moskau 01-13-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by struckbyaparkedcar (Post 57555353)
Miller for his constant chirping during the lockout.

Good Miller is quiet Miller. Hopefully being a mouthpiece during the summer has tired him out for the stretch drive.

5 Minute Major 01-13-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle (Post 57558605)
Probably Hodgson, he's going into his 2nd year and is being inserted into our top line to be our #1 center...

Yep. People will be wondering why he isn't Briere or Drury good by game 20 and threads will pop up that Kassian should have been kept.

Silence Of The Plams 01-13-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moskau (Post 57559825)
Good Miller is quiet Miller. Hopefully being a mouthpiece during the summer has tired him out for the stretch drive.

I hope good Miller is Miller either way. That being said I think CoHo. Because we might end up jumping on him cause he won't be as winning in the face off dot as we expect sometimes ...

JOHNBOY 01-13-2013 11:16 PM

Drew Stafford.

Old Navy Goat 01-13-2013 11:18 PM

It'll be Vanek...he'll go 4 or 5 games without scoring and then the chirping will start again about how useless he is and needs to be traded for some other team's cannon fodder


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:30 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.