HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Marcus Foligno (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322713)

MichiganWolverines 01-13-2013 07:20 PM

Marcus Foligno

Hey, I'm wondering if Buffalo fans are willing to give up Marcus Foligno? Perhaps we could trade Eric Tangradi (a big-bodied physical forward with skills) plus a solid forward prospect (e.g. Teddy Blueger, Oskar Sundqvist, Tom Kühnhackl or Ken Agostino) and a draft pick?

SuperNintendoChalmrs 01-13-2013 07:25 PM

I don't see the Sabres moving him. He's the type of player that has been missing from the roster for years.

Halpysback 01-13-2013 07:30 PM

28 other teams would beat that offer

MichiganWolverines 01-13-2013 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57553861)
28 other teams would beat that offer

Maybe we could work a trade around Brandon Sutter?

Stop Winnin 01-13-2013 07:32 PM

Buffalo fans are not willing to give up Marcus Foligno, not even for the moon.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-13-2013 07:32 PM

Foligno's a stud, and exactly the kind of player Buffalo needs moving forward. They won't move him.

thefifagod 01-13-2013 07:33 PM

Yeah, he's not going anywhere.

Halpysback 01-13-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57553911)

That probably would have worked until Buffalo went full retard and got like 10 centers last year. Value is fair though.

Can't think anything Pittsburgh has they'd want aside from maybe ridiculous overpayment of small pieces. Maybe Orpik, or Despres, or Harrington, or Bennett, or Pouliot. First rounders of course. No idea really.

Stop Winnin 01-13-2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57553911)

Value wise, it's a little favored towards Buffalo I think, Sutter carries more value than Foligno IMO, Sutter would fill a big role on our team but we need more players like Foligno. In a vacuum I think a deal like this would be good for both teams, maybe Buffalo adding a pick, but there's no way we're letting our best young power forward in a long long time go for anything other than a ridiculous overpayment.

MichiganWolverines 01-13-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57554047)
That probably would have worked until Buffalo went full retard and got like 10 centers last year. Value is fair though.

Can't think anything Pittsburgh has they'd want aside from maybe ridiculous overpayment of small pieces. Maybe Orpik, or Despres, or Harrington, or Bennett, or Pouliot. First rounders of course. No idea really.

Hell, I would make a trade around Pouliot. But, I know most Penguins fans wouldn't.

Nash 01-13-2013 07:49 PM

Marcus Foligno is why Kassian was an expendable asset. I don't see Buffalo trading him. He will make an impact soon.

Pigs On The Wing 01-13-2013 07:54 PM

From a Pittsburgh perspective I'd start with any of our D prospects. How much do we have to add to Morrow or Pouliot?

New Sabres Captain 01-13-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Definition (Post 57554919)
From a Pittsburgh perspective I'd start with any of our D prospects. How much do we have to add to Morrow or Pouliot?

D prospects are really a non-starter. Our pipeline looks good with McNabb, Pysyk, Brennan, and now McCabe, plus we have Myers/Sekera/Ehrhoff for the foreseeable future.

Prospect wise we need more talent on the wing...we really only have Armia (and to a lesser extent, Adam)...and Foligno. So we'd be giving up a player at one of our weakest spots in the pipeline, which makes any deal hard.

The only way I can see Foligno being moved is as part of a package for a top-line talent with size (aka the 1st line version of Foligno). Those guys don't get moved though, for good reason. I highly doubt any Pens fan would do Neal for Foligno+...unless that + was like 10 1st round picks or something.

tsujimoto74 01-13-2013 08:09 PM

Marcus Foligno is exactly the kind of player the Sabres have desperately needed for years. He's not going anywhere.

VilleLeino 01-13-2013 08:21 PM

not available

Analyzer 01-13-2013 08:33 PM

IMO the Foligno I saw in the NHL with Buffalo is worth alot more than the one I saw in the AHL

enrothorne 01-13-2013 10:00 PM

All of the above PLUS Foligno's dad played for(and was Captain for) the Sabres. You'd have to majorly overwhelm the Sabres to pry him away right now. That's not to say his value is sky high forever. He might come down after a sophomore slump. But you're proposing this now so these are the terms now.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-13-2013 10:10 PM

Just curious, but what would Sabres fans want for Luke Adam? He seems to have regressed quite a bit, and could use a change of scenery.

Vatican Roulette 01-13-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper (Post 57560743)
Just curious, but what would Pens fans want for Eric Tangradi? He seems to have regressed quite a bit, and could use a change of scenery.

Yup.

As far as the OP, Folingo is staying in Buffalo. Pittsburgh has nothing that is expendable that Buffalo needs.

Key word is expendable for "those" posters.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-13-2013 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vatican Roulette (Post 57561085)
Yup.

As far as the OP, Folingo is staying in Buffalo. Pittsburgh has nothing that is expendable that Buffalo needs.

Key word is expendable for "those" posters.

Actually, by all accounts Tangradi has been doing all the right things this year to make him successful in the pros that he hasn't done in previous years, even if it doesn't show up on the scoresheet. That's why he's the default option to fill in the LW spot on Malkin's line starting tomorrow.

But I understand Buffalo wanting him in return for Adam. Pretty comparable in terms of value at this point, but it's not something we'd sign off on before Tango gets his chance.

MichiganWolverines 01-13-2013 10:33 PM

Quote:

Just curious, but what would Sabres fans want for Luke Adam? He seems to have regressed quite a bit, and could use a change of scenery.

Too bad we didn't trade Jordan Staal to Buffalo. We probably could have traded Jordan Staal for Marcus Foligno and Luke Adam.

tsujimoto74 01-13-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57561715)
Too bad we didn't trade Jordan Staal to Buffalo. We probably could have traded Jordan Staal for Marcus Foligno and Luke Adam.

Probably not though because Staal wanted to be in Carolina and everyone knew it.

Rowdy Roddy Peeper 01-13-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57561715)

I'm happier with the return we got. You will be too after you see Sutter in a Pens uni for half a season.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 (Post 57561841)
Probably not though because Staal wanted to be in Carolina and everyone knew it.

Also this.

couture23 01-13-2013 10:42 PM

You would have to "wow" us and take us all out for dinner to get Foligno.

struckbyaparkedcar 01-13-2013 11:17 PM

Quote:

What's your depth forward situation?