HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Hollweg's energy is a boost to Wolf Pack (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=132279)

BDubinskyNYR17* 02-28-2005 09:37 PM

Hollweg's energy is a boost to Wolf Pack

http://www.theahl.com/AHL/OnTheBeat/...28/945399.html

AG9NK35DT8* 02-28-2005 10:04 PM

I guess by reading that article maybe the kid deserves a spot with NYR along with his solid play. Some on mentioned maybe Hollweg & Giroux deserver a shot and you know what they were right this kid hollweg deserves a spot without a doubt.

rnyquist 02-28-2005 11:41 PM

Hollweg IMO would make a great 3rd/4th line energy guy. Someone who's going to inspire the troops by playing hard. He may not put up numbers but he'd be a fan favorite and great to have on the team.

Balej20* 03-01-2005 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AG9NK35DT8
I guess by reading that article maybe the kid deserves a spot with NYR along with his solid play. Some on mentioned maybe Hollweg & Giroux deserver a shot and you know what they were right this kid hollweg deserves a spot without a doubt.

yeah, Ortmeyer20 has been pushing for this kid all year now.

Skroob* 03-01-2005 03:01 AM

Ive been a Hollweg supporter for years now. Glad to see he finally getting some notice (though his injuries didnt help his case).

Fletch 03-01-2005 06:23 AM

I didn't know what to think...

of Hollweg early on, as he was coming off injury and didn't put up great numbers, but after seeing him play, he could easily play on a fourth line in the NHL. He's a wrecking ball out there, he is fast, he is skilled, plays smart and will stick up for his teammates. Perhaps even third line is some place he'd end up. It would be interesting to see what Hollweg could do if he was given more ice time.

As for Giroux...I think he'll need to work a bit harder, and he needs to bulk-up a bit (he's got Nedved's frame and needs to be a banger to be successful). If he commits to that, I can see him in the NHL. Not sure if he'd commit to that though.

Levitate 03-01-2005 07:32 AM

i dunno if i'd say he has to bulk up, or at least pin it on him like it's his fault for not being 6'3 225 lbs

some guys just do not put on weight like that. giroux seems like he might be one of those guys. hard to tell without knowing him personally though

Taz 03-01-2005 07:45 AM

I do like hollwegs style but he hasnt shown me the offence side yet though i think he can be capable, but i think he'll be a awesome 4th liner. i think murray may also be a 4th liner unless he can get his offence up good Pk's and can enforce too,

Giroux i can see a 3rd liner as he has more offence.

ATLANTARANGER* 03-01-2005 10:36 AM

Think, Matt Barnaby!

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnyquist
Hollweg IMO would make a great 3rd/4th line energy guy. Someone who's going to inspire the troops by playing hard. He may not put up numbers but he'd be a fan favorite and great to have on the team.

Same type of player, a real pain in the behind. Same kind of player, younger, cheaper and he's DEVELOPING IN YOUR OWN SYSTEM!

SingnBluesOnBroadway 03-01-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
Same type of player, a real pain in the behind. Same kind of player, younger, cheaper and he's DEVELOPING IN YOUR OWN SYSTEM!

Hope so. Don't forget, Barnaby was an underrated offensive player.

bmoak 03-01-2005 01:03 PM

Giroux: When he first turned pro and came to Binghamton, he was listed as 170 lbs. I don't think there's too much room for meat left on his frame.

Hollweg: Given his injury history and style of play, it'll be a miracle if he's still in hockey at age 25. He can play 4th line pest/grinder, but I can't see him in a more substantial role than that. He has softer hands than advertised, but I wonder about his hockey sense. He seemes to have tunnel-vision with the puck.

rnyquist 03-01-2005 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER

EXACTLY! I was thinking the same thing when I heard his description but was cautious on calling him a Barnaby mould. That being said, if we get another Barnaby I'd be delighted to say the least

Evil Sather 03-01-2005 07:39 PM

Barnaby had 40+ goal and 100+ point junior seasons, as well as being a PPG performer at the AHL level. I don't think Hollweg has that level of offensive skill to him.

rnyquist 03-01-2005 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Sather
Barnaby had 40+ goal and 100+ point junior seasons, as well as being a PPG performer at the AHL level. I don't think Hollweg has that level of offensive skill to him.

Dude, thats CHL hockey, I wouldn't really define offensive punch by that. Corey Hart consistently is the top scorer in the OHL, and the chances of him ever doing that in the NHL are slim

Fletch 03-01-2005 08:54 PM

Scoring at one level...

is an indicative measure at scoring at another. It's not absolute, but it gives you a peak. It's very rare that a 20 goal scorer in the NHL who came from the CHL only scored 10 goals in 60 games. Just like with Barnaby and Hollweg...I wouldn't expect Hollweg to be a better scorer than Barnaby given the fact that at other levels, he couldn't outscore Barnaby. Why all of the sudden does he become a better goal scorer, especially given comparable sizes and style of play. Hollweg needs to score more than 10 goals in an AHL season before I can believe he can score that at the NHL level.

Kloucek's Ghost 03-01-2005 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rnyquist
Dude, thats CHL hockey, I wouldn't really define offensive punch by that. Corey Hart consistently is the top scorer in the OHL, and the chances of him ever doing that in the NHL are slim

Corey Hart? You mean the guy that sang, "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night?" Wow, great to see he found some work.

Kovy274Hart 03-02-2005 01:51 AM

I like this guy. So what if he won't score a ton at the next level. He's a perfect energy guy who will drop the gloves and grind it out. And he can score the hardworking type of goal that gets a team going. Or have a shift which gets fans into it.

I see a future for him.

allrevvedup25 03-02-2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kloucek's Ghost
Corey Hart? You mean the guy that sang, "I Wear My Sunglasses at Night?" Wow, great to see he found some work.

Corey Perry or Corey Locke??. Perry leads the OHL in points this year and it was Locke last year. Which one??

007 03-02-2005 10:36 AM

Matt Barnaby has real offensive talent and a real creative streak to go with it. It doesn't show all the time, but he had one of the best Rangers' dekes last season against the Isles (I think).

I agree with those who compare him to Todd Harvey, for good reasons (energy, team player, fearless), and bad (size, injuries).