HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Anaheim Ducks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   Perry and Getzlaf talks to start (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1322835)

KEEROLE Vatanen 01-13-2013 10:53 PM

Perry and Getzlaf talks to start
 
Quote:

“They’re coming in the next couple of weeks,” Murray said. “And we’ll do everything in our power to sign them. That’s obviously my biggest priority. This isn’t rocket science. I’m going to try everything I can to get them signed.”
Quote:

Perry, who became the franchise’s only Hart winner in 2011 with a 50-goal, 98-point season, said he’s “just going out and playing hockey.”
“There’s no time frame,” Perry continued. ”Whatever happens, happens. I’m not going to be thinking about it. It’s not going to be on the front of my mind. I have a job here to do first. And that’s to go out and play hockey and help this team win.”
Quote:

Getzlaf, who makes his off-season home in south Orange County and recently became a father for the second time, was a little more effusive on the subject as he said he’s had several conversations with Murray over the team’s direction.
“Obviously I don’t have a time frame on it but we’d like to get something done if we can,” said the Ducks’ captain, who slumped to 11 goals and 57 points last season. “If both parties are wanting to do that, then it’ll get done.
http://ducks.ocregister.com/2013/01/...iority/114455/

Sounds like Getzlaf is probably going to sign, the comments from Perry however are a little troublesome....hopefully they get done ASAP

DaGeneral 01-13-2013 11:02 PM

Not worried about these guys yet. Perry has always been a little weird around the media.

SupermanPahlsson 01-13-2013 11:17 PM

Get Getzy signed so he can win his Hart trophy this year.

jax00 01-13-2013 11:26 PM

Hopefully quickly re-signing Getzlaf encourages Perry to do so as well.

RPGrizzly 01-13-2013 11:45 PM

It's worth noting Perry is represented by Don Meehan's Newport Sports Management. Meehan also represents Bobby Ryan and negotiated his current deal, all Duck fans remember that was a painful process. NSM also represents Justin Schultz, although he has a different agent, Arnott I think. I don't think Perry is going to be signing before the season, but negotiations will take place. I believe Murray says he doesn't like negotiating deals mid season but in the current situation he might have to. I think Perry's deal gets done, later though. Don't read much into his comments.

Sojourn 01-14-2013 12:18 AM

Murray has no choice. Mid-season or not, the negotiations need to start. If he waits until the season is over, I would put money on losing one or both of them.

RPGrizzly 01-14-2013 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 57565285)
Murray has no choice. Mid-season or not, the negotiations need to start. If he waits until the season is over, I would put money on losing one or both of them.

Yes when I said "negotiations will take place" I meant this week, should have clarified. But Meehan has the history of dragging these things on, and Murray will need to bend a lot to work with him.

AngelDuck 01-14-2013 12:39 AM

First, offer both the same contract. 7/50. Getzlaf will probably sign or be close to a deal after that. Second, if Murray gets the vibe that Perry wants just a little more to stay, then give him 7/55. Third, if Murray feels he is no where near a deal with Perry, then trade him, and bring back value. That's how the negotiations should go. Try to bring them back, but don't hang on too long

RPGrizzly 01-14-2013 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AngelDuck (Post 57565779)
First, offer both the same contract. 7/50. Getzlaf will probably sign or be close to a deal after that. Second, if Murray gets the vibe that Perry wants just a little more to stay, then give him 7/55. Third, if Murray feels he is no where near a deal with Perry, then trade him, and bring back value. That's how the negotiations should go. Try to bring them back, but don't hang on too long

They'll get 8 year deals.

Paul4587 01-14-2013 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 57565285)
Murray has no choice. Mid-season or not, the negotiations need to start. If he waits until the season is over, I would put money on losing one or both of them.

Agreed. The closer it gets to July 5th the more tempting it will be for them to test the market.

Finnpin 01-14-2013 02:29 AM

Luckily they both have won the Cup already so that is one factor for not looking into free agency... money could be a different story and having competitive teams in the future...so Samueli open your wallet.

Fighter 01-14-2013 09:57 AM

Since Murray has been all but a great GM, I want him fired if we lose one of them. If we lose both, hang him by the balls.

Dirk316 01-14-2013 10:59 AM

I can assure you if Burke was gm this wouldn't be happening.

Suddenly7 01-14-2013 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 57574895)
I can assure you if Burke was gm this wouldn't be happening.

Burke would of probably lost both of them. I like Burke but he was never good with managing against the cap and keeping assets.

davidy2d 01-14-2013 11:04 AM

I am not envious of Bob Murrays job for the next few months. Worst case scenario is no Getzlaf, Perry, Selanne, Koivu on our roster next year. Might as well change colors and logos again as we'd be an entirely different team.

Eddie Shack 01-14-2013 11:28 AM

Bob needs to come out of the gate with 8 year offers for each. And I know the Ducks have not front loaded contracts before but I would be OK with the following for each:

Year 1 - $9M
Year 2 - $8M
Year 3 - $7M
Year 4 - $7M
Year 5 - $7M
Year 6 - $6M
Year 7 - $6M
Year 8 - $6M

Slightly front loaded but not terribly so and a full 8 years for an average cap hit of $7M. It may not be the best they would get in free agency but I think it is a very fair and respectable offer.

Sojourn 01-14-2013 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 57574895)
I can assure you if Burke was gm this wouldn't be happening.

You're right. It's obviously Murray's fault there was a lockout, and that negotiations couldn't begin until there was a new CBA. You make it sound like Murray had plenty of time to negotiate before now. News flash: He didn't.

bumperkisser 01-14-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie Shack (Post 57576227)
Bob needs to come out of the gate with 8 year offers for each. And I know the Ducks have not front loaded contracts before but I would be OK with the following for each:

Year 1 - $9M
Year 2 - $8M
Year 3 - $7M
Year 4 - $7M
Year 5 - $7M
Year 6 - $6M
Year 7 - $6M
Year 8 - $6M

Slightly front loaded but not terribly so and a full 8 years for an average cap hit of $7M. It may not be the best they would get in free agency but I think it is a very fair and respectable offer.

perry and ryans contracts are front loaded arent they. i know perry's is for sure

Vipers31 01-14-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bumperkisser (Post 57577779)
perry and ryans contracts are front loaded arent they. i know perry's is for sure

Ryan's was steady, except for a cheaper first season at the beginning, so slightly backloadded. Perry's was... just weird. Cheap first year, cheap last year, 2nd most expensive, 3rd/4th equal between 2nd/5th. Slightly frontloaded over the duration, but not textbook.

Ducksgo* 01-14-2013 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 57577067)
You're right. It's obviously Murray's fault there was a lockout, and that negotiations couldn't begin until there was a new CBA. You make it sound like Murray had plenty of time to negotiate before now. News flash: He didn't.

Can we just sign all three long term? It feels like it was just yesterday that fans were on the edge of their seats regarding the twins and Ryan. Just make an 8 year deal and long term. The ducks are soooo boned if we lose Selanne to retirement and Koivu as well. And then see one of the twins walk. None of our prospects are ready for top line minutes and the Free Agent list the next few years are bad as well.

I'm ALL in for long term. This is rediculous.

Ducksgo* 01-14-2013 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dirk316 (Post 57574895)
I can assure you if Burke was gm this wouldn't be happening.

I agree! All 3 would have been signed long term. This is just bs

Sojourn 01-14-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57582263)
Can we just sign all three long term? It feels like it was just yesterday that fans were on the edge of their seats regarding the twins and Ryan. Just make an 8 year deal and long term. The ducks are soooo boned if we lose Selanne to retirement and Koivu as well. And then see one of the twins walk. None of our prospects are ready for top line minutes and the Free Agent list the next few years are bad as well.

I'm ALL in for long term. This is rediculous.

Murray can't negotiate with Ryan until he's on the last year of his contract. It's at that point that they can start talking extension. As for Getzlaf and Perry, I'd be happy to see them signed long-term. Like Murray said, they're winners, and the chemistry they have together is undeniable. Unlike Fowler, who wasn't going to be looking at that type of contract, neither Perry or Getzlaf were going to be signed before the new CBA, because the changes to it were expected to benefit Anaheim. If the Ducks were a team like Philly or New York where money is no object, I expect things would have been different, since those longer term, bloated contracts are exactly what part of the CBA addresses.

Sojourn 01-14-2013 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57582351)
I agree! All 3 would have been signed long term. This is just bs

I'm sorry, but where is the evidence of that?

Spicy Porkins 01-14-2013 01:44 PM

Also, both parties have to want 8 year deals. If Perry and Getzlaf have subpar years compared to what they expect of themselves, they might look for shorter deals in order to try and bounce back ensure a bigger payday later on.

Dirk316 01-14-2013 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sojourn (Post 57577067)
You're right. It's obviously Murray's fault there was a lockout, and that negotiations couldn't begin until there was a new CBA. You make it sound like Murray had plenty of time to negotiate before now. News flash: He didn't.

Im talking about being worried about losing our superstars


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.