HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: What would you offer for Corey Perry? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323003)

Daffy 01-14-2013 08:50 AM

What would you offer for Corey Perry?

Simple question. Perry is an unbelievable player.

As a Sens fan, this is the max I would offer if he came with an extension:

To Ottawa: Perry

To Anaheim: Michalek, Zibanejad, Ceci, 1st round pick.

Enough value?

internetdotcom 01-14-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffy (Post 57570629)

Enough value?

Perry is an great player, but even extended, that is overpayment. A 35-goal man, a great prospect in Zibby (despite how many Sens fans have inexplicably written him off at the old age of 19...), a just-drafted Dman who Brian Kilrea (who knows far more about young players than everyone on this board combined) compared to having Doughty upside, and a (at best) mid first in the deepest draft in years. That is a ridiculous amount to marginally upgrade Michalek to Perry. If that is the price, Sens pass.

Daffy 01-14-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 57570715)
Perry is an great player, but even extended, that is overpayment. A 35-goal man, a great prospect in Zibby (despite how many Sens fans have inexplicably written him off at the old age of 19...), a just-drafted Dman who Brian Kilrea (who knows far more about young players than everyone on this board combined) compared to having Doughty upside, and a (at best) mid first in the deepest draft in years. That is a ridiculous amount to marginally upgrade Michalek to Perry. If that is the price, Sens pass.

Definitely a high price, and I love Milo and all, but I think Perry is a lot more than a marginal upgrade over him.

Lehner 01-14-2013 08:59 AM

Just wait a year and get him for free, if its at the deadline, most I'd giveup is:

1st + Jim O'Brien + Mark Borowiecki + Stephane Da Costa

Kovalchuk went for:
The Atlanta Thrashers dealt their captain, an impending free agent, to the Devils on Thursday night for a package that includes defenseman Johnny Oduya, rookie forward Niclas Bergfors, junior prospect Patrice Cormier and New Jersey's first-round pick in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft.

ChronicallyInjured 01-14-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffy (Post 57570629)

Enough value?

That honestly seems like a bit much to me. + the Sens would want to make a line of Michalek - Spezza - Perry.

Zibanejad, Puemple, Bishop + maybe a draft pick (not first)

TSA0402 01-14-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffy (Post 57570773)
Definitely a high price, and I love Milo and all, but I think Perry is a lot more than a marginal upgrade over him.

Maybe that is what Anaheim wants, but too much young talent going away even for a player like Corey Perry. 3 top prospects and a good top six forward? Yikes.

Not to mention he is a winger, and is going to get paid a ton of money. He is more than a marginal upgrade, but the amount of production he would have to do based on this deal, would be pretty much 50 goal 100 point seasons. Not very realistic.

KIRK 01-14-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher77 (Post 57570843)
That honestly seems like a bit much to me. + the Sens would want to make a line of Michalek - Spezza - Perry.

Starting point model, IMO, is the Penguins deal for Hossa: They paid two role players in Armstrong and Christensen, their previous years 1st (who did turn out to be a bust but wasn't valued that way at the time), and a 1st for Hossa and Dupuis, both of whom were impending UFA's. That said, I think the Ducks get more for Perry.

TSA0402 01-14-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

That wont get you Perry now or especially extended. Its an overpay for a UFA, but Ottawa would be insane to trade Zib for a rental.

Ducksgo* 01-14-2013 09:25 AM

Quote:

That's a horrible proposal. Think Kovy deal if you want perry. Btw every single playoff bound team will be wanting Perry's services if he wants out of Anaheim. So I'm sure we could find a better offer elsewhere.

Getz2perry 01-14-2013 09:27 AM

I think there are a lot of teams that will go into a bidding war at the deadline if it comes to that. And a lot of teams adding perry could be that piece that wins them the cup. I could see him getting more value then kovy/hossa... but that would be about the correct starting point.

Daffy 01-14-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA0402 (Post 57571499)
That wont get you Perry now or especially extended. Its an overpay for a UFA, but Ottawa would be insane to trade Zib for a rental.

Just to be clear, I wouldn't come close to that offer for 20 games of Perry. He would have to be extended. Even then, I feel uncomfortable about the trade. I didn't want to offer so little, that you guys would take me to the woodshed lol.

Lehner 01-14-2013 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57571509)
That's a horrible proposal. Think Kovy deal if you want perry. Btw every single playoff bound team will be wanting Perry's services if he wants out of Anaheim. So I'm sure we could find a better offer elsewhere.

How is that a horrible deal???

#6 Overall 1st round pick (Zib)
Another 1st round pick (Puempel)
Top AHL goalie, big and has a lot of potential (Bishop)
2nd Rounder- 3rd Rounder

Kovalchuk got,

Johnny Oduya (bottom 4 dman)
Niclas Bergfors (almost the same worth as Puempel)
Patrice Cormier (same as a 2nd Rounder)
New Jersey's first-round pick (24th Overall)

Zibby + Puempel alone is almost worth what Atlanta got for Kovalchuk.

y2kcanucks 01-14-2013 09:34 AM

Edler and Jensen

Getz2perry 01-14-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lehner (Post 57571739)
How is that a horrible deal???

#6 Overall 1st round pick (Zib)
Another 1st round pick (Puempel)
Top AHL goalie, big and has a lot of potential (Bishop)
2nd Rounder- 3rd Rounder

Kovalchuk.

id like it more if it was zib puempel and 2013 first. And any trade id assume wed have a 2nd first added if he resigns there.

Gliff 01-14-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 57571777)
Edler and Jensen

Upcomign UFA we will have no use for since we will be out of the playoffs and no chance at signing him. Oh yay

TSA0402 01-14-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daffy (Post 57571603)
Just to be clear, I wouldn't come close to that offer for 20 games of Perry. He would have to be extended. Even then, I feel uncomfortable about the trade. I didn't want to offer so little, that you guys would take me to the woodshed lol.

I just don't see Perry leaving Anaheim, a place he has seemed to have loved playing in, to get traded to Ottawa and sign an immediate extension, unless they offer ridiculous 8.5-9 million money. What is Perry's reason to sign a discount deal for Ottawa when he is close to UFA?

Daffy 01-14-2013 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TSA0402 (Post 57571997)
I just don't see Perry leaving Anaheim, a place he has seemed to have loved playing in, to get traded to Ottawa and sign an immediate extension, unless they offer ridiculous 8.5-9 million money. What is Perry's reason to sign a discount deal for Ottawa when he is close to UFA?

Not a discount. Just fair money. Be close to his family. Good young team.

y2kcanucks 01-14-2013 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gliff (Post 57571881)
Upcomign UFA we will have no use for since we will be out of the playoffs and no chance at signing him. Oh yay

Pending UFA for pending UFA plus you get one of Vancouver's top prospects. What do you mean you have no chance at signing him?

Gliff 01-14-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 57572363)
Pending UFA for pending UFA plus you get one of Vancouver's top prospects. What do you mean you have no chance at signing him?

The only way we trade Perry is if we are out of the playoffs race so a UFA has ZERO value to us. I am 99% sure Edler wont sign with us. And if he did, it would be gross overpayment.

Getz2perry 01-14-2013 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y2kcanucks (Post 57572363)

I think the point is why would we want to trade perry for stuff we may not have after the season... were not trading perry for a risk, i think wed rather have a signed player/ prospects/ picks

General Granny* 01-14-2013 10:08 AM

Holy over payment batman.

7even 01-14-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getz2perry (Post 57571581)
I think there are a lot of teams that will go into a bidding war at the deadline if it comes to that. And a lot of teams adding perry could be that piece that wins them the cup. I could see him getting more value then kovy/hossa... but that would be about the correct starting point.

I could see him getting more than Kovy simply because Don Waddell is the stupidest ****ing GM on the face of the planet. I'd take Kovalchuk from Atlanta over Perry all day though.

The Dangley One 01-14-2013 10:14 AM

Krejci with an agreement inplace for an extension with Perry

Beville 01-14-2013 10:17 AM

I'd rather wait till the FA period...

Roo Mad Bro 01-14-2013 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by internetdotcom (Post 57570715)

Wow, the coach of Ceci pumps up said player.

This is new and exciting.