HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Weeksnd's preseason games (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13231)

Laches 09-22-2003 01:28 AM

Weeksnd's preseason games

It’s only the preseason, so there’s no need to overreact, but reading the posts and articles from the games, is a bit disturbing. It seems like the team is really no different than last year, bad penalties, bad D. Sather’s player management is baffling, I shivered when I saw the amount of special teams time that Messier got. Again, it’s only the preseason, and there’s no need to be defeatist, but these games were an opportunity for the Rangers to make a statement, to show everyone that they weren’t the same old Rangers, to establish some positives to build on. In an article in a local paper out here last week, one of the players talked about how the Wild going undefeated in the preseason last year kind of set a tone for the season. Hopefully the Rangers can come up with something better in the remaining preseason games.

Thank God I didn’t make it home in time to go over to catch last night’s game. 9-1? Yikes. Did our goaltending suck too, or just our defense? They had their top 4 D playing and when we had most of our top D sitting and it was the third game in three nights, but still, you can’t be too happy about giving up 9 goals to a team that is not exactly an offensive powerhouse, and is without its top three scorers from last year due to a baffling display of cheapness by ownership. Oh well, something to remember for when we visit again for their home opener next month.

We really, really need Brian Leetch back in the lineup ASAP

Barnaby 09-22-2003 02:15 AM

I say that we just pretend this never happened. We beat Detroit 5-3, and were looking forward to the next game!

NYR Battaglia 09-22-2003 02:44 AM

Different year, same story.

Lundyfan 09-22-2003 03:11 AM

Preseason is just that. I don't judge it one way or the other. Let them get it out of their system now. :)

Servo 09-22-2003 05:59 AM

I think the three goals in one minute against Dallas concerns me more than the 9 against the AHL D last night. Like you've said, we'll be able to judge this team much better in a few weeks.

Fletch 09-22-2003 06:09 AM

Next game's Wednesday...

that's two full days for Sather to chastise this team for all it's done bad; it's two full days to watch videos and make adjustments. It's two days to correct some things that Sather didn't like. So, given that they played 3 in three nights to start the preseason, which is ridiculous in and of itself, let's see how the team responds.

Lundyfan 09-22-2003 06:11 AM

I see a whole lot of wind sprints in the next 2 days :D

True Blue 09-22-2003 06:23 AM

Just another example of stupidity

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fletch
that's two full days for Sather to chastise this team for all it's done bad; it's two full days to watch videos and make adjustments. It's two days to correct some things that Sather didn't like. So, given that they played 3 in three nights to start the preseason, which is ridiculous in and of itself, let's see how the team responds.

I just noticed that while, yes, the next game is on Wednessday night, the next game is on the VERY NEXT NIGHT, on Thursday. So we played a game on Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, have 2 off nights, and then have back to back games on Wednessday & Thursday. Can someone please explain to me what is the value of playing our first 5 preseason games in the first 7 nights? How could Sather be this stupid? 5 games in 7 nights leaves ZERO practice time and greatly increases the possibility of injuries.
At first I saw that we had 9 preseason games, and I thought that was stupidity in itself. Now I see that we play 5 games in our first 7 nights and stupidity is not quite accurate enough.
This effin' team needs to practice as much as possible, not spend themselves by playing 5 games in the first 7 nights. When will this stupidity ever end? :rant: :rant:

So now, you know that there was no practice today after playing a moronic 3 games in 3 nights w/ plane travel on EVERY friggin' night. They'll have one practice session on Tuesday (with the heavy schedule, vets probably will not be attending), and then it's right back to Columbus to play on Wednessday night, and then right back to NY for a game on Thursday.
Where is the time to practice what they did wrong?

ihatenewjersey 09-22-2003 08:00 AM

i dunno, but i can't wait to see the nedved line in action....