HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323141)

Homeland Security 01-14-2013 01:15 PM

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

I'm going to give this drama another shot in the hopes of keeping Vis news out of other threads.

Notice: The crap fest that went on in Part II will not occur here!!

doublechili 01-14-2013 01:32 PM

From IPB today:

Itís not 10AM yet, but it appears we know where in the world Visnovsky is:

Roman Jedlicka@jedli

#Isles D Lubo Visnovsky is on his way - not to NHL - but to Prague to play tmrw for Slovan Bratislava in KHL. Yes, he is on the bus. Crazy!

Jussi 01-14-2013 01:39 PM

Already posted in the thread at the main board but expect the Isles/NHL to file a complaint to the IIHF according to sections 5.3 and 5.4 found in this: http://www.iihf.com/fileadmin/user_u...egulations.pdf

CREW99AW 01-14-2013 01:39 PM

Vis wasn't at training camp when it opened. He's on a bus with his KHL team, telling the press that he'll talk to the NYI about letting him stay. Is he kidding? He's reportedly had about 3 conversations with Snow and 1 with Weight.

What part of their previous NO, can't he understand?

https://twitter.com/StapeNewsday
Arthur Staple‏@StapeNewsday
And #Isles will not be granting Visnovsky consent to play in KHL.

2hArthur Staple‏@StapeNewsday
NHL's Bill Daly via email: "(Visnovsky) will not be allowed to play in the KHL without the #Isles consent."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
https://twitter.com/jedli?tw_i=29080...w_p=tweetembed

Roman Jedlicka‏@jedli
@d_sc @TSNBobMcKenzie agree. If Medvedev lets go Kovalchuk he will not risk with Visnovsky.

4hRoman Jedlicka‏@jedli
@kuklaskorner Yes, this what i write all my last tweets. I completely dont understand what Visnovsky thinks. He cant win this battle.

4hRoman Jedlicka‏@jedli
This is the pic of #Isles Visnovsky on the bus. Credit goes to facebook page of HC SLOVAN Bratislava, his current team. pic.twitter.com/Yh1eDfMs

Riseonfire 01-14-2013 01:39 PM

So tomorrow is D day essentially. Either the KHL allows him to play and opens up a whole can of worms or they don't and we get Vis. This will be fun.

Wedregast 01-14-2013 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublechili (Post 57579515)
From IPB today:

Itís not 10AM yet, but it appears we know where in the world Visnovsky is:

Roman Jedlicka@jedli

#Isles D Lubo Visnovsky is on his way - not to NHL - but to Prague to play tmrw for Slovan Bratislava in KHL. Yes, he is on the bus. Crazy!

I hope when he gets to Prague, he is told to go board a plane and go back to finish out the 48 game season with the Islanders.

Will be interesting to see how this develops. But it sucks to be on our end, at the moment, in this situation.

PWJunior 01-14-2013 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riseonfire (Post 57579895)
So tomorrow is D day essentially. Either the KHL allows him to play and opens up a whole can of worms or they don't and we get Vis. This will be fun.

Pretty much this. If he plays tomorrow in the game, then things will get interesting. Until then, it's not worth the aggravation IMO.

He could retire though, but then he wouldn't be able to play for Bratislava which is why he's pulling this stunt in the first place.

CREW99AW 01-14-2013 01:45 PM

I wonder how many NYI players, feel the same as Martin?

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...4443120&part=0

There's a little frustration brewing in the locker room about Visnovsky's refusal to report, which his agent says does not stem from a problem with the Islanders or Long Island.

"It bothers us, because the guys on this team love it here and guys who get traded or sign here end up loving it too," Matt Martin said. "This is just hanging around the team when we need to be totally focused and ready for a quick start to the season."

StrongIslanders90 01-14-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREW99AW (Post 57580225)
I wonder how many NYI players, feel the same as Martin?

http://mobile.newsday.com/inf/infomo...4443120&part=0

There's a little frustration brewing in the locker room about Visnovsky's refusal to report, which his agent says does not stem from a problem with the Islanders or Long Island.

"It bothers us, because the guys on this team love it here and guys who get traded or sign here end up loving it too," Matt Martin said. "This is just hanging around the team when we need to be totally focused and ready for a quick start to the season."

This is why I love Matty Marts...Keep it real.....

Jussi 01-14-2013 02:06 PM

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=760

original islander 01-14-2013 02:14 PM

Hopefully we'll pick up Thomas Hickey on waivers. In a way it'll make up for the 2nd round pick.

StrongIslanders90 01-14-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by original islander (Post 57581765)
Hopefully we'll pick up Thomas Hickey on waivers. In a way it'll make up for the 2nd round pick.

Streit-Martinek
Amac-Hammer
Hickey-Carkner

Finley for pens,rags, and flyers:naughty:

Groin Of Bates 01-14-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 57582717)
Streit-Martinek
Amac-Hammer
Hickey-Carkner

And with the 3rd overall pick, the New York Islanders select....

TheIslesFan 01-14-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by original islander (Post 57581765)

Is Hickey a bust? He was 4th overall in 2007?

TheIslesFan 01-14-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Groin Of Bates (Post 57582895)
And with the 3rd overall pick, the New York Islanders select....

Naturally we lose the Jones/Mackinnon sweepstakes

original islander 01-14-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 (Post 57582717)
Streit-Martinek
Amac-Hammer
Hickey-Carkner

Plus to protect JT. People forget that Finley lost a year to injury early on and has been a plus player in the AHL.

original islander 01-14-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslesFanatic707 (Post 57582899)
Is Hickey a bust? He was 4th overall in 2007?

Similar to DeHaan with early injuries but he's been pretty healthy the last 2 years so he may develop. Problem is Edmonton may select him.

PWJunior 01-14-2013 02:41 PM

Let's get back on topic folks. This is about Visnovsky and not about Thomas Hickey.

original islander 01-14-2013 02:42 PM

Sorry won't post anymore.

Mr Wentworth 01-14-2013 02:58 PM

Endgame?

So, is the KHL making a move to take on the NHL here?
Is LV just a pawn?
Is Faterson just LV's posting name?
Where is the KHL attempting to go with this? To find a loophole(s) in the CBA or transfer agreement or wherever to exploit in an attempt to find a way to bring players over to the KHL?

Fantom 01-14-2013 03:10 PM

I like the guy as a player. However if is heart is not into it why would we want him ?

Wanderson 01-14-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 57585335)
I like the guy as a player. However if is heart is not into it why would we want him ?

Because we traded our 2nd round pick to get him..... and I want that pick back. :(

IceAce 01-14-2013 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazy Ivan (Post 57584655)
Endgame?

So, is the KHL making a move to take on the NHL here?
Is LV just a pawn?
Is Faterson just LV's posting name?
Where is the KHL attempting to go with this? To find a loophole(s) in the CBA or transfer agreement or wherever to exploit in an attempt to find a way to bring players over to the KHL?

Lubo isnt worth it to the KHL. He's not the caliber of player for it to be worth it for them to stick their necks out on the line. It's high risk and little reward.

If this was Kovalchuk, yeah maybe then you go to bat against the NHL for a young Russian superstar, but to go to war with the dominant hockey league on the planet for a 36 year old Slovak defenseman? Sorry, not buying it. Medvedev can't be that stupid.

Hershey Hockey 01-14-2013 03:22 PM

The more this situation unravels the more it's really starting to look like something much bigger than the Islanders vs. Visnovsky. I think those who have said this could be the start of a KHL-NHL war are exactly right.

This is like the Cuban Missile Crisis of professional hockey. The next step the KHL takes in handling the situation, either telling Visnovsky he must leave or allowing him to stay and continue playing, will avert a serious conflict or open a huge can of worms that will set an ugly precedent for the future in these situations.

Needless to say, tomorrow is a huge day in determining how this turns out.

slovakfan* 01-14-2013 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IceAce (Post 57586011)
Lubo isnt worth it to the KHL. He's not the caliber of player for it to be worth it for them to stick their necks out on the line. It's high risk and little reward.

If this was Kovalchuk, yeah maybe then you go to bat against the NHL for a young Russian superstar, but to go to war with the dominant hockey league on the planet for a 36 year old Slovak defenseman? Sorry, not buying it. Medvedev can't be that stupid.

which one? Zdeno Chara? :sarcasm: