HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Soccer (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Transfer: Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323219)

Live in the Now 01-14-2013 01:19 PM

Winter 2013 Transfer Rumors & Moves II

Continue.

nyranger61494 01-14-2013 01:22 PM

That's my hope LITN. One of those bargain signings we have been begging for. I can't speak to his specific game but hoping this signing is one in that mold.

What's the deal with Coates? He is homesick? Lack of playing time? I like the little we have seen from him.

Live in the Now 01-14-2013 01:27 PM

I think Coates should be loaned out to get games somewhere. He is way too good to be on the bench all the time. Then once Carra retires after this season he can be a clear choice to play more.

Oilbleeder 01-14-2013 02:34 PM

Last rumor I heard was WBA was interested in loaning Coates. I'm hoping that's true.

I believe Tony Barrett of the times said Rodgers et al. all really rate Coates, but do feel he needs experience through consistent playing time. they have Carra ahead of him so he won't get it here this season. The plan is then to loan him out for the remainder of the season and let him get experience.

HajdukSplit 01-14-2013 04:09 PM

Coates has been linked to some loan moves to Serie A clubs as well (think Napoli might be one of them)

Some minor EPL transfers; Sunderland sign experienced Senegalese defender Kader Mangane on loan from Al-Hilal, experienced Ligue 1 defender who spent this season in Saudi Arabia. Reading will sign Zambian midfielder Stophira Sunzu, a player who has been linked all over Europe after Zambia won the AFCON last year, not really a top prospect but a decent enough signing I guess

njdevsfn95 01-14-2013 04:13 PM

Seeing all over Twitter and heard on talkSport that Remy will have a medical at QPR tomorrow.

If i said i was surprised id be lying.

Valverde 01-14-2013 04:38 PM

Valenciennes sign Maor Melikson from Wisła Kraków - I know, nothing major, but if the lad can regain his form he might prove to be a good signing, keep an eye on him, Evilo.

It's been an interesting window as far as Polish league goes, 18-year old Milik goes to Leverkusen for 3M euros, I reckon he might be as big of a hit as Lewandowski is, extremely talented striker. Another primosing lad, Wszołek, is set to join Hannover for over 1,5M.

Our players in Dortmund did a great job convincing German clubs to sign Poles again, think there'll be more deals like those in the near future.

ecemleafs 01-14-2013 07:39 PM

Australian Tomas Rogic is on trial with Celtic. He might be bought soon. Both Celtic's manager and his Australian club manager have talked about a permanent move. Hes a CAM.

LaurentHabs 01-14-2013 07:57 PM

More teams should look at another "Ro...". Rojas should be getting more looks. Kid is incredible

ecemleafs 01-14-2013 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaurentHabs (Post 57602497)
More teams should look at another "Ro...". Rojas should be getting more looks. Kid is incredible

yeah ive heard that. we are "interested" as well but more so in rogic it seems. rogic seems to be more of a fit for our team in terms of size and position. rojas is a lot shorter and more of an attacker it seems and celtic havent had much success with his type of player.

Jussi 01-14-2013 08:51 PM

Just recapping the general guideline for this thread, with the mods approval:

When posting a rumor, state the source. Link if it's a website, if a print paper or tv channel then mention the name at least. And note that The Sun and Daily Mail have dubious reputations... :D

Evilo 01-15-2013 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valverde (Post 57593665)
Valenciennes sign Maor Melikson from Wisła Kraków - I know, nothing major, but if the lad can regain his form he might prove to be a good signing, keep an eye on him, Evilo.

Will do. BTW, I really like Krzyckowiak.

Live in the Now 01-15-2013 01:15 AM

Not quite sure what to make of this Ben Arfa story. Quotes below.

Quote:

PSG resonates in my heart, playing there would be a beautiful gift,” said Ben Arfa, who could earn an international recall after a constructive meeting with France manager Didier Deschamps.

“Every time I go to the Parc people ask me ‘when are you coming to PSG?’ PSG is part of me. I had posters of all the players when I was little. The Parc des Princes is 15 minutes from where I live.

“PSG is the club of my heart. If there’s an offer for me then I’ll study it with interest. If there’s an offer. The ‘if’ is important.”

“When I watch the games on TV it’s not easy,” he added. “The team needs all its players and we’re nearly in [the] drop zone.

“I get on really well with the coach [Alan Pardew]. You want to fight for him. The fans are great too. I’m under contract with Newcastle and I’m very happy there.

“First of all I have to save my club. I’m only thinking of that. Once the club is safe, you never know. Signing for PSG is a childhood dream.

It remains to be seen whether Ben Arfa’s comments are based on hope or actual knowledge PSG are keen to sign him and he also said: “I will speak to the [Newcastle] president and the coach at the end of the season. If there is no ambition at Newcastle, maybe I will leave."
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ems-mount.html

Alklha 01-15-2013 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Live in the Now (Post 57615295)
Not quite sure what to make of this Ben Arfa story. Quotes below.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...ems-mount.html

Just angling for a move, there is no way I can see PSG being interested.

Evilo 01-15-2013 01:56 AM

Yeah Ben Arfa is a PSG fan, like 75% of french footballers (most of them are coming from the parisian area).
But yeah there's not many chances that PSG is interested. They already have that awfully talented but inconsistant 87 born player, childhood PSG fan, in Jérémy Menez.

It's quite clear PSG is aiming at players above Ben Arfa's current category. And sure Ben Arfa could one day be in that upper class category, but between incosistency and injuries, I think it's fair to say it's a long shot now. Too bad, because not many players are as talented as he is.

In other transfer news (L'Equipe) :
- Rémy is leaning towards QPR after talking with Redknapp. OM is happy with that because they have already accepted QPR's bid, which is better than Newcastle's.
- Everton has found someone who's as good as Fellaini, but who will cost much less : Etienne Capoue. They're trying to get him, but Toulouse doesn't want to sell before the summer.
- Moussa Sissoko has so many offers it's ridiculous. He might be the hottest commodity on the transfer market right now. Atfer several EPL offers (QPR, Newcastle, Liverpool), he is offered a 5M€ bonus by Monaco if he signs now (so add the transfer fee). OM are desperately trying to get him too.
- M'Bengue is available and cheap. Great bargain here.

Evilo 01-15-2013 01:58 AM

And BTW, if QPR signs M'Vila and Rémy and that both are healthy and in form (big if), even with the adapting to do, there's no way QPR is relegated. These two are really class (especially M'Vila).

The VEGASKING 01-15-2013 02:28 AM

On the espn press pass show tonight they mentioned reports are coming out of Italy that Pep has agreed to coach Bayern Munich. Host made a remark about it being strange that a report of a Spanish coach joining a German team would break out of Italy.

Got this on my facebook page. At least a link to go with it now. http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/gu...en_110780.html

Chimaera 01-15-2013 05:25 AM

Liverpool are getting a move jacked by Southampton? Really?

The end is near

villevalo 01-15-2013 05:47 AM

Southampton have money, most people don't know that.

Chimaera 01-15-2013 07:25 AM

That's part of the point.

Rodgers has slipped a bit through a LFC beat writer that it's about the kid wanting first team football. But, the point still stands. LFC should have enough where they shouldn't get sniped by Southampton.

Vipers31 01-15-2013 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VEGASKING (Post 57616221)
On the espn press pass show tonight they mentioned reports are coming out of Italy that Pep has agreed to coach Bayern Munich. Host made a remark about it being strange that a report of a Spanish coach joining a German team would break out of Italy.

It's being denied by Bayern's chief press spokesman and a trusted friend of Pep's, apparently. I have little doubt that Bayern are, or rather will be interested, but they said they'll make a decision with Heynckes before anything else, which is expected to come in March. I would tend to believe they'll still go with that.

nyranger61494 01-15-2013 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chimaera (Post 57618441)
That's part of the point.

Rodgers has slipped a bit through a LFC beat writer that it's about the kid wanting first team football. But, the point still stands. LFC should have enough where they shouldn't get sniped by Southhampton.

(throws hands up) Southampton is offering £4.2 million, we were looking to offer £4 million. Will be interesting if we extend an actual offer or just let him go to the Saints. Full agreement with you here Chim. Very frustrating.

Chimaera 01-15-2013 09:15 AM

Wow I can't spell when I type before my morning caffeine.

Cin 01-15-2013 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo (Post 57615891)
And BTW, if QPR signs M'Vila and Rémy and that both are healthy and in form (big if), even with the adapting to do, there's no way QPR is relegated. These two are really class (especially M'Vila).

Absolutely agree. I've been watching a lot of Ligue 1 lately, and those two would be tremendous for the club!

Deficient Mode 01-15-2013 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 57618633)
It's being denied by Bayern's chief press spokesman and a trusted friend of Pep's, apparently. I have little doubt that Bayern are, or rather will be interested, but they said they'll make a decision with Heynckes before anything else, which is expected to come in March. I would tend to believe they'll still go with that.

That's not what kicker are now reporting.