HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Gary Bettman on Boomer and Carton (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323273)

silverfish 01-14-2013 02:29 PM

Gary Bettman on Boomer and Carton
 
Boomer doesn't hold back, it's a good listen...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...end-with-fans/

HatTrick Swayze 01-14-2013 02:30 PM

Heard it this morning. Gotta love Boomer for that.

rick063092 01-14-2013 02:42 PM

Yeah, but they had him on at 9:40 for a reason...so they wouldn't have to take calls from hockey fans destroying Bettman who is a "friend of Boomer and the show"..

Kane One 01-14-2013 03:12 PM

Anyone with a summary?

Oak 01-14-2013 03:42 PM

Ya I missed it because I was at work. I'm glad Boomer said something negative to Bettman, but if he didn't comment on the fact that revenue sharing with teams in non hockey markets is foolish and needs to be changed than he didn't say anything at all.

Bleed Ranger Blue 01-14-2013 03:50 PM

My favorite quote, by far, was something to the effect of "we need to continue to take steps for the longterm health of the game."

Bettman seems to forget his reckless push into questionable markets is the main reason for this mess.

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-14-2013 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue (Post 57591129)
My favorite quote, by far, was something to the effect of "we need to continue to take steps for the longterm health of the game."

Bettman seems to forget his reckless push into questionable markets is the main reason for this mess.

My favorite was "we have a long term security". Right on pace for once a decade labor dispute.

Ranger109 01-14-2013 04:04 PM

Gotta love Boomer for how he was.

I'm just happy Hockey is back, but frustrated too. But I'm happy and ready to go!

Thirty One 01-14-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beardacus (Post 57590631)
Ya I missed it because I was at work. I'm glad Boomer said something negative to Bettman, but if he didn't comment on the fact that revenue sharing with teams in non hockey markets is foolish and needs to be changed than he didn't say anything at all.

You don't need to sell Bettman on that one...

JDMSG 01-14-2013 04:12 PM

Wow, the two people I hate most on this planet, Gary Bettman and Craig Carton

SRTtoZ 01-14-2013 04:43 PM

Thanks for this, just listened, good for Boomer.

bettercallstaal 01-14-2013 05:01 PM

Thanks for posting this it's a good listen. I do somewhat feel bad for Bettman with him taking all this flack. He brought it on himself though. Props to Boomer for asking the questions that everyone has had on their mind.

trueblue9441 01-14-2013 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twistedwrister17 (Post 57594669)
Thanks for posting this it's a good listen. I do somewhat feel bad for Bettman with him taking all this flack. He brought it on himself though. Props to Boomer for asking the questions that everyone has had on their mind.

he brought it upon himself? how? because he did what his bosses told him to?

that was a terrible interview. boomer should be ashamed of himself. its ok to ask hard questions, but the matter and tone (sounding like a fanboy more than anything) was terrible. for a person in his position, very unprofessional.

carton on the other hand was ok

Ranger109 01-14-2013 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 57596343)
he brought it upon himself? how? because he did what his bosses told him to?

that was a terrible interview. boomer should be ashamed of himself. its ok to ask hard questions, but the matter and tone (sounding like a fanboy more than anything) was terrible. for a person in his position, very unprofessional.

carton on the other hand was ok

F that. Needed to be done.

trueblue9441 01-14-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger109 (Post 57601663)
F that. Needed to be done.

f that. be the professional you're supposed to be.

charlie460 01-14-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 57601907)
f that. be the professional you're supposed to be.

Boomer & Carton are rarely professional.

Ranger109 01-14-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 57601907)
f that. be the professional you're supposed to be.

The actions taken by the NHL were anything but that!

Ok, i'm taking it slightly outside of context but you know what, if not Boomer then who?:yo: It needed to be done, it's done with and glad it happened.

trueblue9441 01-14-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie460 (Post 57602025)
Boomer & Carton are rarely professional.

not ok when you do an interview

Ranger109 01-14-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 57603905)
not ok when you do an interview

In this case it was.

Quit crying about it, are you his son or something?

SingnBluesOnBroadway 01-14-2013 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 57601907)
f that. be the professional you're supposed to be.

Professional what's?

trueblue9441 01-14-2013 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger109 (Post 57604027)
In this case it was.

Quit crying about it, are you his son or something?

not crying about anything. theres just a way to do something and a way not to do something, that wasn't it. does bettman deserve criticism? you betcha, of course he does. as do all of the owners, but put the pom poms away for 15 minutes and do it the right way. that's all. he could have gotten his point across very well without sounding like a child.

trueblue9441 01-14-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway (Post 57605023)
Professional what's?

radio hosts, you know, like they're paid to do?

Trident 01-14-2013 08:59 PM

I appreciate Boomer's passion for the game and telling it like it is in this case. 3 lockouts under this guy's watch. Unacceptable.

Clowes Line 01-14-2013 09:08 PM

Good on Boomer for ripping him apart.

sbjnyc 01-14-2013 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trueblue9441 (Post 57605205)
not crying about anything. theres just a way to do something and a way not to do something, that wasn't it. does bettman deserve criticism? you betcha, of course he does. as do all of the owners, but put the pom poms away for 15 minutes and do it the right way. that's all. he could have gotten his point across very well without sounding like a child.

They know what's coming from Boomer when they go on the show, whether its Bettman, Shanahan or anyone else from the league office. They're happy to have a popular radio host who's into hockey so they're willing to go on the show and be yelled at.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.