HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Rough start (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323277)

BVicious 01-14-2013 03:34 PM

Rough start
 
Cervanka is heading to the US to see a blood specialist - as per RogMillions

Hudlers dad is sick and he flew back to Czech. Won't be back for home opener

Iggy has a groin problem tho they are saying he won't miss game action but will miss most of training camp.

Well that's 3 of our top 6/9 not 100% for puck drop.
And it will get worse, and condensed schedule and short camp with no pre-season won't allow us to get as good of a start as we hoped.

Looking gloomy. Therefore, forget about any trades by Feaster, as I am sure he will need as much 'quality' depth as possible.

TherapyforGlencross 01-14-2013 03:41 PM

How long is Cervenka supposed to be out?

TylerSVT* 01-14-2013 03:48 PM

Blow it up.


But seriously, a nice slow start should set us up perfectly for finishing in 9th place again (FML)

TheHudlinator 01-14-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesrule (Post 57587133)
How long is Cervenka supposed to be out?

He is going to see a specialist to see how long he can he has to be on his blood thinning medication once he is off those he can begin practicing, I would say about a week after his medication is over he will be in the lineup.

He have only really lost Hudler as Iginla will be good to go for the home opener and Cervenka wasn't expected to start the season once his blood clot was found out.

Glencross - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Cammy
Comeau - Stajan - Stempniak

it really isn't that bad when compared to last year

Tanguay - Moss - Iginla
Glencross - Jokinen - Bourque
Hagman - Stajan - Stempniak

So we have lost
Jokinen,Moss,Hagman,Bourque

gained
Cammy,Baertschi,Comeau,Backlund

That's a good trade.

BVicious 01-14-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesrule (Post 57587133)
How long is Cervenka supposed to be out?

It's tricky. He's on blood thinners. So even a light check could cause internal bleeding which could go unnoticed. Or if he cuts himself, he'd bleed like crazy. The clot is fine, it's a matter of running through the entire cycle of the prescription he is on.

In other words, nobody knows. Hence why he needs the specialist

MarkGio 01-14-2013 03:55 PM

Good thing we have guys like Comeau, Horak, and Stempniak lower down the depth chart that can jump into a top 6 role

BVicious 01-14-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 57588035)
Good thing we have guys like Comeau, Horak, and Stempniak lower down the depth chart that can jump into a top 6 role

Absolutely. Could be worse I guess. Good thing nothing has happened to all our mediocre centers.

TherapyforGlencross 01-14-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 57588035)
Good thing we have guys like Comeau, Horak, and Stempniak lower down the depth chart that can jump into a top 6 role

Especially Comeau. I could see him thriving under Hartley, since he is implementing an offensive system.

TheHudlinator 01-14-2013 04:13 PM

We aren't the only team going through this Kesler is still recovering in Vancouver and Hamhuis and Booth are pulled groins as well as Kassian has had back spasms for over a week. This is what happens the best teams can deal with it the others draft early.

Also I haven't heard that Hudler won't be back in time for Sunday source?

BVicious 01-14-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 57588961)
We aren't the only team going through this Kesler is still recovering in Vancouver and Hamhuis and Booth are pulled groins as well as Kassian has had back spasms for over a week. This is what happens the best teams can deal with it the others draft early.

Also I haven't heard that Hudler won't be back in time for Sunday source?

@RogMillions: Hard to imagine Jiri Hudler back from Europe in time for Sunday's #Flames opener vs SJ. Difficult travel. Family issues..#toughstuff

Speculation, but it's a lot of travel days not including actually spending time with his family. An if things turn for the worst. Can't imagine he would go back unless it was really serious

TheHudlinator 01-14-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVicious (Post 57589985)
@RogMillions: Hard to imagine Jiri Hudler back from Europe in time for Sunday's #Flames opener vs SJ. Difficult travel. Family issues..#toughstuff

Speculation, but it's a lot of travel days not including actually spending time with his family. An if things turn for the worst. Can't imagine he would go back unless it was really serious

I agree but he will be there tomorrow so he will have tues,weds,thurs and leave friday to make it back I would imagine that if he is heading back it means it is serious and at the end. I am not saying that he will be forced back but I think the Flames will be expecting him back either sunday or monday.

InfinityIggy 01-14-2013 04:43 PM

Sigh, no luck for us I guess. Ill still be watching to see how Bartschi and Wideman perform.

Stewie Griffin 01-14-2013 05:55 PM

Well at least with Hudler (and Cervenka) they've played this season already, so when they do return there's not as much rust to shake off

Flamesfan13 01-14-2013 06:21 PM

Hopefully we get iggy back

TherapyforGlencross 01-14-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamesfan13 (Post 57595475)
Hopefully we get iggy back

He should play the season opener.

Johnny Hoxville 01-14-2013 06:29 PM

Our roster is so much better than teams like the Yotes and Preds and yet they always seem to make the playoffs. I'm really hoping Hartley is the guy that knows how to get our guys to pull their heads out of their *****.

The Kassian Train 01-14-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGleninator (Post 57588961)
We aren't the only team going through this Kesler is still recovering in Vancouver and Hamhuis and Booth are pulled groins as well as Kassian has had back spasms for over a week. This is what happens the best teams can deal with it the others draft early.

Also I haven't heard that Hudler won't be back in time for Sunday source?

Not trolling as I was seeking advice from Flames fans in regards to my fantasy draft and got great help.

MRI for Booth later on in the afternoon. Kassian is back on the ice as well as Hamhuis just so you know but you're right, good teams find ways to win. Hopefully the Flames find a way to get through it. I really wanna see Iggy do well. The guy deserves it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVW (Post 57595759)
Our roster is so much better than teams like the Yotes and Preds and yet they always seem to make the playoffs. I'm really hoping Hartley is the guy that knows how to get our guys to pull their heads out of their *****.

When was lost to the Kings in Game 5, I immediately wanted MG to hire Hartley. He's a great coach and knows how to get the best out of his team. Look what he did with Atlanta when he was there. Honestly I think the Flames will surprise a lot of people this year. Flames are a bit of my dark horse to make a bit of noise with Hartley behind the bench. Great hire by Feaster.

LukeD 01-15-2013 08:11 AM

Fellas, this could be a lonnnnnng shortened season.

I Hate Chris Butler 01-15-2013 09:18 AM

A golden opportunity for Backlund to step it up or become another Dustin Boyd.

dresi 01-15-2013 09:29 AM

Hudler's dad died today. Tough luck :(

InfinityIggy 01-15-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dresi (Post 57619809)
Hudler's dad died today. Tough luck :(

Terrible news. :(

Hopefully Hudler and his family are well.

Johnny Hoxville 01-15-2013 10:49 AM

Hopefully Jiri got there in time to say goodbye to his father. Best wishes to his family.

BVicious 01-15-2013 11:11 AM

Sad news for Hudler. Got something to play for though. Hopefully it will fuel him this season. I would now imagine he won't play Sunday but will Monday.

Flames92 01-15-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BVicious (Post 57622937)
Sad news for Hudler. Got something to play for though. Hopefully it will fuel him this season. I would now imagine he won't play Sunday but will Monday.

The funeral is on Friday, Sunday is possible but I don't think he'll be focused for the game. Monday is more probable. Really sad to hear

WhereIsIt 01-15-2013 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 57633957)
The funeral is on Friday, Sunday is possible but I don't think he'll be focused for the game. Monday is more probable. Really sad to hear

Yeah if he leaves the Czech Republic on Saturday he should arrive here Saturday but I'm not sure he'd be ready to play Sunday, probably would have a pretty brutal mixture of stress and jet leg.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:59 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.