HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I really really really hope the Flames make alot of people eat crow (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323361)

nogger 01-14-2013 04:22 PM

I really really really hope the Flames make alot of people eat crow
 
There would be nothing more enjoyable then to watch the Flames do fantastic this season, make the playoffs, and maybe win a round or two. I'd love to see the reaction across HF.

I am fairly confident we have the team to do it, as long as we show up every night.

CoRD 01-14-2013 04:27 PM

We would all love it!! Unfortunately my hopes have been high every season, only to be shot down... in.... Flames....? *Dr evil pinky*

Most of us diehard Flames fans are pretty bitter these days. But stay cautiously optimistic.

Flames92 01-14-2013 04:35 PM

I'm with you on this one. I think we got unlucky the last few years I mean we finished 9th last year and the team that finished ahead of us won the stanley cup.. And for those who will go ahead and say that the Kings were a much better team than the Flames maybe you're right, but look at the team in 2004 and look at the team now. Its pretty obvious that this team on paper is a lot better.

Yes I know Iggy is no longer in his prime like he was back in 2004 but look at the supporting cast. Kipper IMO has not lost his game and I believe can still make another run.

And finally I think this team will really do well under Hartley. To be honest I never really liked Sutter's style and it obviously didn't work for this team as they haven't made the playoffs in the 3 years he was active.

So if we can stay healthy this season with a team that can excel under Hartley, I think they can make the playoffs and after that who knows what can happen

Ynnek 01-14-2013 04:40 PM

This is a much better team than everyone gives them credit for. Excited to see them play Sunday.

Stewie Griffin 01-14-2013 04:57 PM

Even if the Flames do surprise, they'll "still be a year older, aging talent, almost no prospects, time to rebuild was three years ago, blah blah blah"

But yeah, a helping of crow would be nice.

Unagi 01-14-2013 06:03 PM

As a Ducks fan the Flames are my 2nd favourite team to win the cup this year. I'm not saying I am a Flames fan, but Iginla is a guy who deserves his name on the cup.

So as long as the Ducks aren't pushing for the Cup, I hope you guys make it all the way! :yo:

slappipappi 01-15-2013 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 57593507)
I'm with you on this one. I think we got unlucky the last few years I mean we finished 9th last year and the team that finished ahead of us won the stanley cup.. And for those who will go ahead and say that the Kings were a much better team than the Flames maybe you're right, but look at the team in 2004 and look at the team now. Its pretty obvious that this team on paper is a lot better.

The current Flames are only a shadow of the team in 2004.

Don't underestimate the value between an Iginla in his prime, and one that is aging gracefully.

The Flames have been unlucky for close to a decade now.

At some point, it's no longer just luck.

I Hate Chris Butler 01-15-2013 08:17 AM

The hecklers are part of being a bad team. The CLB fans get "worse franchise in the NHL!" The Coyotes get "SEE YOU IN QUEBEC!"By comparison, "BLOW IT UP" and "IGINLA IS OLD" isn't that bad.

MarkGio 01-15-2013 12:08 PM

I believe a healthy Flames roster has as much depth as any contending team. I believe this team has some gaping holes, including faceoffs, shoot-outs, and talent down the middle. But I believe Sutter was our biggest problem and if Hartely can work towards our strengths, we will be successful to everyone's surprise.

Hartely needs to build a system that playmakes down the middle and scores on the wing. Hartely or Feaster needs to help us win faceoffs. Hartely needs to play an uptempo game with shots from anywhere rather than playing the cycle and grit with a defensive focus. We simply don't have defensive defensemen or scoring centremen.

That's how we'll be successful.

JustChatting 01-15-2013 03:24 PM

I am a Flames fan. I don't expect them to do that well this year. Probably 9th or worse. I really do hope I am wrong with that prediction. I would gladly eat crow.

Fleury14 01-15-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 57594493)
Even if the Flames do surprise, they'll "still be a year older, aging talent, almost no prospects, time to rebuild was three years ago, blah blah blah"

But yeah, a helping of crow would be nice.

Yeah, even if they made the playoffs and did well, there would still be a huge group of posters (of other team's fans, mind you) calling for a rebuild of the Flames in the summer. It's just the HF mentality.

Kings fans are calling Lombardi an idiot for waiving their 8th/9th best d-man, and he just won the cup.

WhereIsIt 01-15-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleury14 (Post 57641241)
Yeah, even if they made the playoffs and did well, there would still be a huge group of posters (of other team's fans, mind you) calling for a rebuild of the Flames in the summer. It's just the HF mentality.

Kings fans are calling Lombardi an idiot for waiving their 8th/9th best d-man, and he just won the cup.

But he's a former top-5 pick, he's so valuable :sarcasm:

Feel The Heat 01-15-2013 04:40 PM

I would like them to eat more than crow.

Body Checker 01-15-2013 06:14 PM

Injury reports for other teams will be huge in this 48 game season.

Vancouver is down both Kelser and Booth for likely close to two months now. Shut the Sedins down and not much left for scoring depth

PETRYDISH 01-15-2013 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckNoire (Post 57597251)
As a Ducks fan the Flames are my 2nd favourite team to win the cup this year. I'm not saying I am a Flames fan, but Iginla is a guy who deserves his name on the cup.

So as long as the Ducks aren't pushing for the Cup, I hope you guys make it all the way! :yo:

As a big Iginla fan, I hope he gets traded to the Ducks and wins a cup there.

TheHudlinator 01-15-2013 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PETRYDISH (Post 57653695)
As a big Iginla fan, I hope he gets traded to the Ducks and wins a cup there.

Because the Ducks are a much better team than the Flames?

GernBlanston 01-19-2013 11:47 AM

Seems like a good thread to come and say this:

I am a Panthers fan first... but I've been wondering about picking a Western Conf team to jump on board with. I'm an Atlanta native and have been burned more than once... there's just no way I can root for the Jets. I tried. Can't do it...

But wait... there's another former Atlanta team out there. A team that I was a fan of growing up! Could I? SHOULD I??

YES!! I can. I should. I will. The Flames just became my Western Conference team! I look forward to getting to know the folks on this board, and getting to know the Flames better in general. I work evenings, and just picked up Gamecenter for the season, so I'm all geared up.

Anyone have any old tees or hats they wanna send my way? Need some swag!! :P (This is a joke - I didn't come looking for free stuffs. Why do I feel the need to justify? Oh well...)

And, at least for this season, I don't have to worry about the Panthers and Flames playing one another. I get a full season to get on board. Love it. Look forward to it.

Hi everyone. My name is Gern. GAME ON.

I Hate Chris Butler 01-19-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GernBlanston (Post 57839587)
Seems like a good thread to come and say this:

I am a Panthers fan first... but I've been wondering about picking a Western Conf team to jump on board with. I'm an Atlanta native and have been burned more than once... there's just no way I can root for the Jets. I tried. Can't do it...

But wait... there's another former Atlanta team out there. A team that I was a fan of growing up! Could I? SHOULD I??

YES!! I can. I should. I will. The Flames just became my Western Conference team! I look forward to getting to know the folks on this board, and getting to know the Flames better in general. I work evenings, and just picked up Gamecenter for the season, so I'm all geared up.

Anyone have any old tees or hats they wanna send my way? Need some swag!! :P (This is a joke - I didn't come looking for free stuffs. Why do I feel the need to justify? Oh well...)

And, at least for this season, I don't have to worry about the Panthers and Flames playing one another. I get a full season to get on board. Love it. Look forward to it.

Hi everyone. My name is Gern. GAME ON.

Welcome! Hope you don't have any hair, because after half a season of watching the Flames you'll be pulling it out. :sarcasm:

GernBlanston 01-19-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster (Post 57840923)
Welcome! Hope you don't have any hair, because after half a season of watching the Flames you'll be pulling it out. :sarcasm:

I have been a Florida Panthers fan since 1993 and (was) an Atlanta Thrashers fan for their entire existence. My hair has the roots of a redwood from all the pulling. My ulcers, on the other hand...

TherapyforGlencross 01-19-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GernBlanston (Post 57841975)
I have been a Florida Panthers fan since 1993 and (was) an Atlanta Thrashers fan for their entire existence. My hair has the roots of a redwood from all the pulling. My ulcers, on the other hand...

Welcome! Hope you like it here! If you have any questions, do feel free to ask!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.