HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: San Jose & Pittsburgh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323395)

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 06:39 PM

San Jose & Pittsburgh

San Jose: Simon Després, Tyler Kennedy, Ben Lovejoy, 2nd round pick

Pittsburgh: Ryane Clowe, Douglas Murray, 3rd round pick

Thoughts???

MichiganWolverines 01-14-2013 06:43 PM

Value is good, but I'm pretty sure San Jose are only interested in a fast/skilled winger.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57596315)
Value is good, but I'm pretty sure San Jose are only interested in a fast/skilled winger.

Kennedy is pretty fast and has scored 20 before.

AbsolonMoreau* 01-14-2013 06:44 PM

No interest in trading for defense.

MichiganWolverines 01-14-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57596349)
Kennedy is pretty fast and has scored 20 before.

You're right, we'll see how Sharks fans will react to the trade.

WTFetus 01-14-2013 07:02 PM

Trade makes SJ worse now but slightly better in the future, so I wouldn't do it. How about just something around Murray for Kennedy?

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 57597241)
Trade makes SJ worse now but slightly better in the future, so I wouldn't do it. How about just something around Murray for Kennedy?

Ultimately, we still need a guy on either Sid or Geno's wing and thats why the upgrade of Clowe would have been great.

Vujtek 01-14-2013 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 57597241)

Pens have too many bodies on D as it is so that wouldn't really work for them.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 07:32 PM

Also with this proposal I thought it might be beneficial for the sharks to get a little younger as well in the long run.

TheJuxtaposer 01-14-2013 07:33 PM

The problem with this trade is that it doesn't really help us right now. Clowe>>Kennedy, and the rest is a moot point. The pick is a better pick, but still only really between 55 an 60. Lovejoy is another downgrade on Murray for the #7 spot, although that's not a sticking point. I like Despres as a talent but I've done my homework on pretty much every team in the NHL and I know why Pens fans have suddenly soured on him.

Clowe can't go purely for a third line winger. He goes either for a better-fitting 2nd liner, or he goes for a good #3C.

Vujtek 01-14-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 57598621)
The problem with this trade is that it doesn't really help us right now. Clowe>>Kennedy, and the rest is a moot point. The pick is a better pick, but still only really between 55 an 60. Lovejoy is another downgrade on Murray for the #7 spot, although that's not a sticking point. I like Despres as a talent but I've done my homework on pretty much every team in the NHL and I know why Pens fans have suddenly soured on him.

Clowe can't go purely for a third line winger. He goes either for a better-fitting 2nd liner, or he goes for a good #3C.

Soured on the guy Bylsma is planning on lining up on the 1st pairing next to Letang on the season opener?

We still think very highly of Despres. Atleast I do.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vujtek (Post 57598695)
Soured on the guy Bylsma is planning on lining up on the 1st pairing next to Letang on the season opener?

We still think very highly of Despres. Atleast I do.

Exactly, the main reason I put him in the deal is that you have to give to get. I really thought people would see that this kid is going to be a very good to special defense men.

Where exactly do you get this "people soured on him" from?!

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 57598621)

Also Kennedy's 2010-11 season was almost exactly that of Clowe's last season. 45 & 48 points.

You get younger and faster with basically the same level of production point wise.

WTFetus 01-14-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57599099)
Also Kennedy's 2010-11 season was almost exactly that of Clowe's last season. 45 & 48 points.

You get younger and faster with basically the same level of production point wise.

Except it isn't. Do you not see the obvious flaw in comparing Kennedy's career year to Clowe's most recent season?

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WTFetus (Post 57599275)
Except it isn't. Do you not see the obvious flaw in comparing Kennedy's career year to Clowe's most recent season?

Yeah, but kennedy was injured for most of last year. I wasn't trying to skew facts / stats.

TheJuxtaposer 01-14-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57598985)
Where exactly do you get this "people soured on him" from?!

Nevermind, apparently a bad report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57599689)
Yeah, but kennedy was injured for most of last year. I wasn't trying to skew facts / stats.

So was Clowe... The fact is Clowe is much, much better than Kennedy.

Anyway, it's a no from SJ.

Hatrick Marleau 01-14-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57596197)

Thoughts???

We don't need defenseman and as Jux said we will only trade Clowe for a faster similarly skilled player like a Drew Stafford or for a very good 3C like Dave Bolland.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 57600507)
We don't need defenseman and as Jux said we will only trade Clowe for a faster similarly skilled player like a Drew Stafford or for a very good 3C like Dave Bolland.

Any interest in Dustin Jeffery?

DuckEatinShark 01-14-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57596197)

Thoughts???

Sharks don't need D like Despres.

Can we replace Despres for Jeffrey? Jeffrey fits our needs much better than Despres.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 57600727)

Can we replace Despres for Jeffrey? Jeffrey fits our needs much better than Despres.

hehe just posted that above! ;) Would do that deal no problem.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 57600727)

Pens: Clowe, Murray, 3rd

SJ: Kennedy, Jeffery, 2nd? I'd still include BLJ if needed / wanted

Hatrick Marleau 01-14-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57600709)
Any interest in Dustin Jeffery?

He isn't a Dave Bolland caliber 3C. You want Clowe? Then we want Sutter.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 57600863)
He isn't a Dave Bolland caliber 3C. You want Clowe? Then we want Sutter.

I'm trying to give to get here man, but how do you see they are equal value, when you look at age, length of term on deal, cap hit etc etc.

Get real.

PS - to be fair to Jeffery he hasn't been really given a chance in his time in Pittsburgh, with his injuries and Disco being a moron half the time.

Hatrick Marleau 01-14-2013 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsessedCreative (Post 57600969)
I'm trying to give to get here man, but how do you see they are equal value, when you look at age, length of term on deal, cap hit etc etc.

Get real.

Adding Jeffrey and Kennedy for Clowe doesn't help us. Clowe for Sutter helps us.

ObsessedCreative 01-14-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatrick Marleau (Post 57601037)
Adding Jeffrey and Kennedy for Clowe doesn't help us. Clowe for Sutter helps us.

Yeah and adding a guy like Ryan for kennedy would help us, but it doesn't mean that the value and trade is fair.