HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Game Center Live/Center Ice (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323529)

EspenK 01-14-2013 08:24 PM

Game Center Live/Center Ice
 
have been trying to follow the discussion on the mains but somewhere in the discussion of Finnish internet and Canadian exchange rates I lost the point I was trying to understand.

If anyone here has used this are the streams pretty good? I have read that they are inconsistent in some cases but not sure if that is due to internet provider, users computer, etc.

I have a pc with Windows Vista about 4-5 years old. Internet connection is pretty reliable and I have watched free feeds with varying degrees of viewing experience.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks.

SuperGenius 01-14-2013 10:44 PM

I mostly stream to an iPad or appletv and occasionally a laptop, and while there are occasional hiccups it normally works very well.

Gagnefan924 01-14-2013 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperGenius (Post 57610767)
I mostly stream to an iPad or appletv and occasionally a laptop, and while there are occasional hiccups it normally works very well.

This.

I've had it the past couple years and its pretty damn reliable. It might have hiccups as Wooten said, but its just like TV when you have a good connection.

parressh 01-14-2013 11:00 PM

Last year was the first year i used Gamecenter Live instead of Center Ice (i live in Colorado). I primarily watched it through my PS3 and it was disappointing. Even though my internet connection should be more than adequate, it would not give a reliable stream and the app was somewhat buggy. I did notice that it worked much better (and had more features) on my laptop.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year. I like that I don't have to waste a DVR spot for long games (why does DirecTV block out 6 hours for a game?) and I don't have to worry about setting that up. So, I might give Gamecenter Live another shot this year, but not sure yet.

USNBluejack 01-14-2013 11:25 PM

I've used GCL for a couple of years now, and with a good connection it works great. I stream from my tower to a 47 inch TV on the highest quality and it works great. I have used the PS3 app a few times and I have to say that the Playstation app is very buggy and hurts the quality of the stream quite a bit. But overall it's pretty reliable and beats the price of Center Ice any day.

joshjoshjosh 01-15-2013 03:09 AM

The PS3 app is garbage. The stream has been rock solid for me everywhere else.

EspenK 01-15-2013 05:37 AM

Luckily I'm too old to even know what a ps3 is (some kind of prostate exam I thought:D)
Seriously I do know but don't have one. I'll stream to my pc.

Thanks for the feedback

Paisano* 01-15-2013 07:08 AM

NHL CenterIce
 
Talked to a Directv rep who told me theCenter Ice package starting the 19th will be $59. Not bad but not free like some people wanted as a concession from the NHL. First week will be free though. I'll probably get it to ease the hockey starvation pangs I've been having the last few months.

Iron Balls McGinty 01-16-2013 08:45 PM

How good should I expect the picture quality to be if I hook my MacBook Pro up to my 60" Samsung via an HDMI cable. I'm debating if I should get GCL or spend the 10 extra bucks to get Center Ice from Directv.

Paisano* 01-16-2013 09:22 PM

NHL now saying per Porty, that CI is $49

Iron Balls McGinty 01-16-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBum (Post 57709331)
NHL now saying per Porty, that CI is $49

I believe Center Ice is 49 bucks through inDemand cable providers but was going to be a few pennies short of 60 bucks on Directv.

EspenK 01-16-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty (Post 57709741)
I believe Center Ice is 49 bucks through inDemand cable providers but was going to be a few pennies short of 60 bucks on Directv.

i believe this to be the case

CBJwheel 01-16-2013 10:51 PM

Is GCL or Center Ice something that you can subscribe to internationally?

blahblah 01-17-2013 12:24 AM

On a side note, the app for AppleTV is quite good.

EspenK 01-17-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CBJwheel (Post 57714663)
Is GCL or Center Ice something that you can subscribe to internationally?


I'm pretty sure you can do GCL if you have high speed internet connection. CI needs cable or Direct TV - I would guess Direct would be a better possibility.

BTW, I always thought Findlay was in Ohio :laugh:

CBJwheel 01-17-2013 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 57721597)
I'm pretty sure you can do GCL if you have high speed internet connection. CI needs cable or Direct TV - I would guess Direct would be a better possibility.

BTW, I always thought Findlay was in Ohio :laugh:

Oh I should probably change that... I actually live in Japan now. :laugh:

Either way, I need to find a way to stream the games by this weekend.

Iron Balls McGinty 01-17-2013 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EspenK (Post 57721597)
I'm pretty sure you can do GCL if you have high speed internet connection. CI needs cable or Direct TV - I would guess Direct would be a better possibility.

BTW, I always thought Findlay was in Ohio :laugh:

Worst case scenario if it isn't available internationally, you can find a way to route your IP address through a proxy to make it think you are in the US. depending on the location, that could subject you to blackout rules of where ever your IP address is coming through.

3 goals = chili 01-17-2013 08:31 AM

How much is Game Center Live?

I don't have cable so CI is out but i do have this internet thingy so that should help.

Skraut 01-17-2013 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3 goals = chili (Post 57724299)
How much is Game Center Live?

I don't have cable so CI is out but i do have this internet thingy so that should help.

It is $50 this year.

Normally $125 or so if I remember correctly.

Just know you won't get any playoffs, pre or post game, intermissions, or even commercials (Except the same 4 still images for the NHL store, and really cheesy elevator music)

EspenK 01-17-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 57724381)
It is $50 this year.

Normally $125 or so if I remember correctly.

Just know you won't get any playoffs, pre or post game, intermissions, or even commercials (Except the same 4 still images for the NHL store, and really cheesy elevator music)

I think it was actually closer to 150 last year but now that I know there are no commercials, I'm done. :laugh:

Paisano* 01-17-2013 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skraut (Post 57724381)

Just know you won't get any playoffs, pre or post game, intermissions, or even commercials (Except the same 4 still images for the NHL store, and really cheesy elevator music)

Not sure what's worse, the same over and over commercials or the still pics with the put you to sleep music.

FreeBoomer61 01-18-2013 12:14 AM

What's the best way to stream the games this season from my computer? I don't have cable, or a tv for that matter, and GCL won't work for me because I am within FS Ohio's zone so it would be blacked out for me. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

JACKETfan 01-18-2013 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBum (Post 57618237)
Talked to a Directv rep who told me theCenter Ice package starting the 19th will be $59. Not bad but not free like some people wanted as a concession from the NHL. First week will be free though. I'll probably get it to ease the hockey starvation pangs I've been having the last few months.

$49 on Fios
GC is $49 as well.
These are discounted prices compared to past years.

As usual first week or two on CI will be free preview.
I just hope more of the CBJ feeds will be carried in HD over CI.

Jacket 01-18-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreeBoomer61 (Post 57772941)
What's the best way to stream the games this season from my computer? I don't have cable, or a tv for that matter, and GCL won't work for me because I am within FS Ohio's zone so it would be blacked out for me. Any advice/help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure if this is ... frowned upon here but I'll just leave these here:

www.thedudeabides.edu
www.checkyourpmsbuddy.gov/sorryeveryone

If anyone has a better, more reliable source, PLEASE share.

joshjoshjosh 01-18-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacket (Post 57783861)
I'm not sure if this is ... frowned upon here but I'll just leave these here:

thefirstrow.eu
vipbox.tv

If anyone has a better, more reliable source, PLEASE share.

Please stick to PMs with things of this nature.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.