HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Sharks & Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323545)

essence of phoenix 01-14-2013 08:36 PM

Sharks & Flyers

Jason Demers + 2nd for Matt Read + 3rd

Seems reasonable to me and would help both clubs now and going forward

Thoughts?

TheJuxtaposer 01-14-2013 08:48 PM

No thanks from SJ. Demers has too much upside to give up on. I do like Read, but I also have doubts about his production.

mjburns 01-14-2013 10:06 PM

Would rather move Braun than Demers, maybe something like Braun + 2nd (or a D prospect) for Read

DuckEatinShark 01-14-2013 10:15 PM

As others have said, Demers has too much upside. He can be a #3/4 defenseman, with a good partner. He showed that during the 2011 playoffs.

I would love Read on this team but not for Demers. Braun can be had though.

TheJuxtaposer 01-14-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb408 (Post 57609065)
Would rather move Braun than Demers, maybe something like Braun + 2nd (or a D prospect) for Read

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 57609451)
As others have said, Demers has too much upside. He can be a #3/4 defenseman, with a good partner. He showed that during the 2011 playoffs.

I would love Read on this team but not for Demers. Braun can be had though.

What is it with people willing to give up Braun? Braun is a solid #4/5 right now, who is a strong two-way player on a great contract and can play both sides well. There's no reason to move Braun over Murray.

Murray is the only blueliner I'd actively shop, and the only other guy I'd think about moving would be Boyle, assuming no one's going to overpay.

Braun's not an expendable piece. He becomes even more important when you look at the injuries on our blueline right now. How do you fancy icing Vlasic-Boyle, Murray-Stuart, Irwin-Tennyson to start the year?

mjburns 01-14-2013 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 57609877)
What is it with people willing to give up Braun? Braun is a solid #4/5 right now, who is a strong two-way player on a great contract and can play both sides well. There's no reason to move Braun over Murray.

Murray is the only blueliner I'd actively shop, and the only other guy I'd think about moving would be Boyle, assuming no one's going to overpay.

Braun's not an expendable piece. He becomes even more important when you look at the injuries on our blueline right now. How do you fancy icing Vlasic-Boyle, Murray-Stuart, Irwin-Tennyson to start the year?

I would be willing to give up braun for a young player for our third line with top six potential AKA some one like Read. Of course i would rather move murray but if the difference is a young player or a vet i would rather get some youth with potential.

TheJuxtaposer 01-14-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjb408 (Post 57611367)
I would be willing to give up braun for a young player for our third line with top six potential AKA some one like Read. Of course i would rather move murray but if the difference is a young player or a vet i would rather get some youth with potential.

I'd rather move Murray for an early thirties depth player than Braun for a mid-twenties depth player. I like Read but between his size, and his inflated percentages, I don't want to buy high on him or sell low on one of Braun or Demers. Maybe in a year. However, I tentatively have Vlasic-Burns, Braun-Demers as a middle of the pack top-4 in a few years, post-Boyle.

Secondly, with Briere's injury, I don't think Philly can do this either. They're looking kind of thin up front.

DuckEatinShark 01-14-2013 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer (Post 57609877)

It's not that I'm looking to trade Braun away. But we have to give to get, and Braun has more trade value than Murray.

Read fills our needs for a depth forward, and he's also young. He'd be our best forward prospect not named Wingels. Read is exactly what we need right now so I'm willing trade Braun for him straight up.

Edit: Didn't know about Briere's injury so I guess Philly doesn't do it either.

orange is better 01-15-2013 12:55 AM

Probably wouldn't work for either team. Demers and Braun are decent players, but they don't make our blueline better enough, if at all, to warrant moving Read for. He's a good 2nd-3rd liner who can play all positions, and plays in all situations. he can score ~20 goals and is very responsible defensively and is on a great contract. He's more valuable to us than what he'd likely get on the trade market anyway. Now, if the sharks were interested in moving a guy like Vlasic, which i doubt, i'm sure the flyers would be interested in putting a package together...

Pinkfloyd 01-15-2013 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark (Post 57613121)
It's not that I'm looking to trade Braun away. But we have to give to get, and Braun has more trade value than Murray.

Read fills our needs for a depth forward, and he's also young. He'd be our best forward prospect not named Wingels. Read is exactly what we need right now so I'm willing trade Braun for him straight up.

Edit: Didn't know about Briere's injury so I guess Philly doesn't do it either.

If you're calling Read a prospect at 26, then no he's not the best forward prospect not named Wingels because there's a guy by the name of Logan Couture that's better than both of them.

Matt Read is a good player but the Flyers would get more value if they traded him to a team that would use him as a top six player. Unless the Sharks swung a deal to move out a top six forward, that wouldn't be here. And if they did that, that sort of defeats the purpose of adding forward depth.

orange is better 01-15-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd (Post 57619571)
If you're calling Read a prospect at 26, then no he's not the best forward prospect not named Wingels because there's a guy by the name of Logan Couture that's better than both of them.

Matt Read is a good player but the Flyers would get more value if they traded him to a team that would use him as a top six player. Unless the Sharks swung a deal to move out a top six forward, that wouldn't be here. And if they did that, that sort of defeats the purpose of adding forward depth.

Sooo, you're saying Matt Read for Logan Couture?

I mean, FINE if it'll make you happy.. But you owe me one.

:sarcasm:

Garbage Goal 01-15-2013 09:13 AM

Neither team does this judging by SJ fan remarks. From a Philly perspective, Read is a great fringe top six player capable of quality secondary goal scoring and playing a reliable, well-rounded game. Plus his contract is great. Only downside to Read is his age really.

Only way I see Read being traded is if a teams desperate for a top six goal scorer and Read has a similar performance as last season.

ORYX 01-15-2013 09:24 AM

Flyers Blueline looks like:

Coburn - Grossman
Timonnen - Schenn
Meszaros - Foster/Lilja/Walker/Gustavson/Bourdon

The Flyers needs ARE NOT 3rd pairing defencemen. If they want a 3rd pairing d-man better then any of those 6 guys, there are players in UFA right now.

If they are going to trade young assets and draft picks for a Dman, it will be for a top pairing player. Period.

Stop offering your young crap 3rd pairing dmen to replace out crap old 6th dman.

It isnt gunna happen.