HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   All PowerPlay Discussion (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323611)

I Will Son 01-14-2013 11:26 PM

All PowerPlay Discussion

Saw that the Stars forum had a PP discussion thread. It usually seems to be our Achilles heel or like last year (1st in nhl) surprisingly good. But it always seems to be a highly talked about subject among us Preds fans.. So I thought why not have our own.

I'd like to see us run the umbrella with these lines

Erat-Fisher-Hornqvist
Weber-Josi

Wilson-Legwand-Smith
Ellis-Sk/Blum

Obviously d pairs would command both forward units.

Now depending on who makes it out of camp that's what id like to see. I'm a fan o SK at the point. He's got the mobility and eye for it. And if Blum, Ekholm, and Bartley don't make it outta camp I'd sure as hell rather have sk up at the point than Klein/Gill/Hannan

Trotz sometimes runs a 3rd pp unit but I'm not gonna make 3.

TootooTrain 01-15-2013 12:18 AM

Smith - Smith - Smith
Smith - Smith

Good? Great.

Seriously though. The amount of minutes Josi is going to endure, and in a shortened season, will no doubt take a toll on him. Trotz should give him a breather and put him on the 2nd unit with Ellis. I know there was talk of having SK put on the point, but forcing a forward to have that thought in the back of his head about having to play defense is just a bad idea imo. Especially when the other defenseman is a dwarf lol. So if you have to put SK on the point, it would be wise to have your best defenseman on the other side.

(same forward lines as you suggested)

Weber - SK

Ellis - Josi

SilasAdams 01-15-2013 12:37 AM

I could see both pairs being used. But I think Ellis being so small is why they would have to put him with Josi.

But I agree in the sense i dont see who else could work the point. I dont think Blum or Bartley will make it out of camp. And I dont want Gill/Hannan/Klein there either

I Will Son 01-15-2013 02:18 AM

That's a switch I don't mind.

But really if Blum and Bartley are out... And if the staff decides not to use Sk, who they gonna use? Hannan?

Paranoid Android 01-15-2013 04:30 AM

Hopefully, if the Erat-Fisher-SK line gets stale, they don't wait until the last game of the season to try something different.

edit: realized this thread was about PP lines specifically, disregard!

Cashville 01-15-2013 10:37 AM

Am I crazy or did SK play point a handful of times last year on the 2nd PP unit? I could swear I remember seeing him do it.

Viqsi 01-15-2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cashville (Post 57621745)
Am I crazy or did SK play point a handful of times last year on the 2nd PP unit? I could swear I remember seeing him do it.

I seem to recall seeing that as well. I want to say it was when Suter was injured, but frankly I can't pinpoint it and may in fact be making it up with my craziness.

MrJoshua 01-15-2013 11:45 AM

I'm pretty sure SK did work on the point in the power play in the playoffs.

I Will Son 01-15-2013 02:54 PM

Yea Sk did play point. It's where I got the idea. He also played point for Belarus in Olympics

kypredsfan 01-16-2013 09:38 AM

Trotz said this morning that expect Klein to get PP duty this year.

I Will Son 01-16-2013 02:48 PM

He also said it'll be Weber Josi on the pp

I'm guessing it'll be Weber Josi for most of the pp and when they rest Ellis Klein?

SilasAdams 01-20-2013 11:50 PM

Ellis really makes our pp a threat. His offensive iq is insane

I Will Son 01-21-2013 04:40 AM

Iirc I saw Sk on point with Ellis on the pp Ellis scored. Ellis and Erat switched and erat was covering point. Fisher and horny were other fwrds

Shea Weber 01-21-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingintheNorth (Post 57991221)

This.

TootooTrain 01-21-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

With windsor he was always shifting around on the pp. Always trying to find different angles to the net, gaps in the defense, etc. A very offensively "aware" hockey player.

StarvinArvin38 01-21-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

for real he is a mini brian campbell

I Will Son 01-23-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CantbeatzPekka (Post 58025377)
for real he is a mini brian campbell

He already is mini hah

Pp off to a good start this year. Then again it seems like every team is