HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: David Schlemko to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323633)

MAK19 01-14-2013 11:04 PM

David Schlemko to Ottawa

Let's get the ball rolling... How bout a 4th in 2013?

rt 01-14-2013 11:18 PM

For a large portion of last season he was one half of our most effective pairing which featured Klesla on the other side. That same pairing might now be our third behind OEL-Michalek and Yandle-Morris. Point is, he had some good chemistry with Klesla and that pair really worked well. I think we'd like to keep it. Maloney and Tippett have stated they'd like to keep eight D up to start the abbreviated season. Stone and Rundblad are the only two others up. I think we've got our eight.

I'd prefer to let Schlemko play, show the pro scouts that he's for real, wait for some team thin on D to lose a guy with injury and make a desperation offer. With Schlemko the value is only going to improve. Then again, if I'm wrong and it doesn't improve we have missed out on what? A 4th round pick? I will risk losing out in an extra one of those. No problem.

ReginKarlssonLehner 01-14-2013 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 57612079)
For a large portion of last season he was one half of our most effective pairing which featured Klesla on the other side. That same pairing might now be our third behind OEL-Michalek and Yandle-Morris. Point is, he had some good chemistry with Klesla and that pair really worked well. I think we'd like to keep it. Maloney and Tippett have stated they'd like to keep eight D up to start the abbreviated season. Stone and Rundblad are the only two others up. I think we've got our eight.

I'd prefer to let Schlemko play, show the pro scouts that he's for real, wait for some team thin on D to lose a guy with injury and make a desperation offer. With Schlemko the value is only going to improve. Then again, if I'm wrong and it doesn't improve we have missed out on what? A 4th round pick? I will risk losing out in an extra one of those. No problem.

Fine, fine... We'll take Gormley off your hands then.

MAK19 01-14-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 57612079)

fine.

Know he's a good player, trying to low ball you :p:

rt 01-14-2013 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner (Post 57612237)
Fine, fine... We'll take Gormley off your hands then.

Nice! He will only cost you whatever Colorado is asking for Ryan O'Reilly. :)

rt 01-14-2013 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows (Post 57612423)
fine.

Know he's a good player, trying to low ball you :p:

I'm not at all against trading him but I want to do it once he's reminded some pro scouts about that amazing trajectory he's had in his hockey career from each year to the next since his first year in the WHL, and let them really start to wonder when exactly he's going to plateau. Even then I won't expect a large return but larger than what is now fair value.

MAK19 01-14-2013 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rt (Post 57613013)
I'm not at all against trading him but I want to do it once he's reminded some pro scouts about that amazing trajectory he's had in his hockey career from each year to the next since his first year in the WHL, and let them really start to wonder when exactly he's going to plateau. Even then I won't expect a large return but larger than what is now fair value.

Yeah. He's really excellent though.

Guys like him are why Phoenix is usually awesome. Random no name guys who just contribute positively.

Like the Nick Johnson and David Moss signings this summer. Genius.