HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: *ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323661)

Chairman Maouth 01-15-2013 12:54 AM

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals)
 
And go!

Qubax 01-15-2013 12:56 AM

yah, first one in

Bourne Endeavor 01-15-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgupca (Post 57608753)
Vancouver seems to want a little of everything?

I quite dislike the hawks, but they are in need of depth as well, i dont see a quality roster player coming over from them.

Bolland, Sadd or the Hayes brothers are all assets I would have interest in from Chicago.

Quote:

Originally Posted by seanlinden (Post 57609711)
Yet the latest rumour we have is a top prospect + nhl player. Gardiner falls into neither, as he's a young NHL player (beyond both components of the asking price.

Okay, now you are purposely inferring what you want. Gardiner could arguably fall into either category, albeit is more probable an NHL player. Your selective interruption is yet another thinly veiled attempt to float your own perception as fact.

Vankiller Whale 01-15-2013 12:58 AM

Top prospect + NHL player = Rielly + Kessel

shortshorts 01-15-2013 12:58 AM

FLA: Luongo, Connauton, Read
PHI: Kulikov, Florida 2nd
VAN: Voracek

Vankiller Whale 01-15-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortshorts (Post 57613509)
FLA: Luongo, Connauton, Read
PHI: Kulikov, Florida 2nd
VAN: Voracek

Meh....Maybe.

I think Kulikov-Voracek is about fair.

To Fla: Luongo, Raymond
To PHI: Kulikov
To Van: Voracek, 2nd

Would how I would do it. It only makes sense if Kulikov can't come to terms with Fla though.

Bourne Endeavor 01-15-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shortshorts (Post 57613509)
FLA: Luongo, Connauton, Read
PHI: Kulikov, Florida 2nd
VAN: Voracek

I doubt Florida does it. They'd want more than Connauton and/or Read. I'd be tempted to add a pick or swap in Gaunce though.

quat 01-15-2013 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rinzler (Post 57612205)
How do I know? That's the only piece of information that we have.

Luongo is the #1 player available via trade by a landslide, yet he remains a Canuck. Why would that be? Nobody has met the asking price. We already know which teams are in the mix.

The only team rumored to have serious interest has backed off (Toronto)...they didn't make a high value offer and there's nobody else. That may change in the next 5 days but I doubt it.

There is no market for Luongo right now that's why there's no value for him. Gillis has only one play and that's to hold on to him right now. That may or may not work in his favour.

I don't know .... maybe because he's only been available for a few days due to the lockout?

Maybe other GM's are trying to see who's going to blink first by not acquiescing to Gillis demands? Maybe they're tabling different offers? Perhaps they're waiting a bit longer to see how their own players are doing? Maybe they're trying to force Gillis's hand by seeing if he's really willing to go into the season with both goalies?

Clearly every GM knows what Gillis would like in return for Luongo, so perhaps they're mulling things over?

Nah ... couldn't be anything sensible. Must be Luongo has no value to any team in the league at age 33 earning a little over 5 million a year. That must be it.

Four1 Lead 01-15-2013 01:06 AM

Doesn't look like he's coming to Toronto.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/33262892.jpg

shortshorts 01-15-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57613607)
Meh....Maybe.

I think Kulikov-Voracek is about fair.

To Fla: Luongo, Raymond
To PHI: Kulikov
To Van: Voracek, 2nd

Would how I would do it. It only makes sense if Kulikov can't come to terms with Fla though.

I value Kulikov > Voracek. That's why my deal is how it is. Philli adds Read but gets back a 2nd to sort of offset the loss. I was contemplating somehow giving Philli more because Read is pretty damn good too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor (Post 57613671)
I doubt Florida does it. They'd want more than Connauton and/or Read. I'd be tempted to add a pick or swap in Gaunce though.

Have you seen Reads statline? That kid looks great.

Ho Borvat 01-15-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57613773)
Doesn't look like he's coming to Toronto.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...0/33262892.jpg

Coming from a guy with "Tank for Mackinnon" on his profile?

Chandrashekhar Limit 01-15-2013 01:08 AM

Florida will not move one of their cornerstones (Kulikov) for Luongo. They are simply not desperate enough to do that.

They have a capable starter for now in Theodore, and a Schneider potential prospect in Markstrom. It would be an extremely stupid move from their part.

Four1 Lead 01-15-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kack zassian (Post 57613809)
Coming from a guy with "Tank for Mackinnon" on his profile?

Ideal season...

1. Don't trade for Luongo
2. Win games vs. Montreal and Ottawa
3. Lose to everyone else
4. Nathan MacKinnon
5. Dominate for years

miked1101 01-15-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57613877)
Ideal season...

1. Don't trade for Luongo
2. Win games vs. Montreal and Ottawa
3. Lose to everyone else
4. Nathan MacKinnon
5. Dominate for years

6. ?????
7. Profit?

FireEverybody* 01-15-2013 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57613877)
Ideal season...

1. Don't trade for Luongo
2. Win games vs. Montreal and Ottawa
3. Lose to everyone else
4. Nathan MacKinnon
5. Dominate for years

Still no goalie.
See not even I can stick up for Leafers like you.

Four1 Lead 01-15-2013 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireEverybody (Post 57613997)
Still no goalie.
See not even I can stick up for Leafers like you.

Niklas Backstrom on July 5th.

Book it.

Vankiller Whale 01-15-2013 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57614019)
Niklas Backstrom on July 5th.

Book it.

33 year old goalie = too old for our young core
35 year old goalie = we dominate for years with him and a yet to be drafted player

FireEverybody* 01-15-2013 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57614019)
Niklas Backstrom on July 5th.

Book it.

Oh how did I miss that, it is so obvious! BRB going to plan the parade.

Rinzler 01-15-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quat (Post 57613673)
I don't know .... maybe because he's only been available for a few days due to the lockout?

Maybe other GM's are trying to see who's going to blink first by not acquiescing to Gillis demands? Maybe they're tabling different offers? Perhaps they're waiting a bit longer to see how their own players are doing? Maybe they're trying to force Gillis's hand by seeing if he's really willing to go into the season with both goalies?

Clearly every GM knows what Gillis would like in return for Luongo, so perhaps they're mulling things over?

Nah ... couldn't be anything sensible. Must be Luongo has no value to any team in the league at age 33 earning a little over 5 million a year. That must be it.

These guys just spent literally 4 months doing nothing else but mulling things over. If GMs don't know if they want Luongo by now, then what have they been doing during the lockout? Taking sewing lessons?

Most teams in the NHL are happy with their goaltending situation or are tanking/rebuilding. If there is no trade by puck drop then you know nobody was willing to pay the Roster Player + Prospect reported asking price.

Four1 Lead 01-15-2013 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57614097)
33 year old goalie = too old for our young core
35 year old goalie = we dominate for years with him and a yet to be drafted player

I see it as...

Backstrom + keep assets (Kadri, Bozak, picks) + determine length of contract

or

Luongo

Ho Borvat 01-15-2013 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57614019)
Niklas Backstrom on July 5th.

Book it.

How did that workout with Brodeur, Thomas, Vokoun and Harding this year?

Vankiller Whale 01-15-2013 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57614137)
I see it as...

Backstrom + keep assets (Kadri, Bozak, picks) + determine length of contract

or

Luongo

Give us older players then, like Lupul or Phaneuf or something, who likely won't want to spend their prime years rebuilding, and are UFA this year or the next.

Numbers 01-15-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan Gardiner (Post 57614137)
I see it as...

Backstrom + keep assets (Kadri, Bozak, picks) + determine length of contract

or

Luongo

Harding was just diagnosed with Multiple Scerosis and Wild signed Suter and Parise to massive contracts. Not sure they want to get rid of their #1 goalie. Also I have read you say how Luongo will only good till 37, well Backstrom is turning 36 next year, Backstrom has been no where near as productive as Luongo over his career I'm not sure how long you plan to keep him lol.

BlackRedYellow 01-15-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireEverybody (Post 57614223)
fyp.

Clearly because everyone wants to play for Toronto! I mean, look at Mike Richards!

:help:

Four1 Lead 01-15-2013 01:29 AM

Last 6 seasons...

Backstrom: 327 GAMES, 160 WINS, 2.42 GAA, .918 SV%, 26 SHUTOUTS
Luongo: 386 GAMES, 224 WINS, 2.35 GAA, .920 SV%, 33 SHUTOUTS


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:37 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.