HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Phoenix Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Sports Bars With Coyotes Fans? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323915)

Tom Polakis 01-15-2013 12:53 PM

Sports Bars With Coyotes Fans?

One of the best things I ever did was cut the cable, and now I watch all TV either by streaming or antenna. But I knew this day was coming when I'd want to watch hockey on TV. In addition to probably getting GameCenter for road games, I'd like to be able to watch some in-market games at a bar, hopefully in the east Valley. Can anybody suggest a place or two?

I know it's easy to get a bar with multiple screens to tune one of them to the game, but can anybody recommend bars where other Coyotes fans are likely to be found? So far, I only know if 18 Degrees at Ice Den.

moosemeister 01-15-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Polakis (Post 57630605)
One of the best things I ever did was cut the cable, and now I watch all TV either by streaming or antenna. But I knew this day was coming when I'd want to watch hockey on TV. In addition to probably getting GameCenter for road games, I'd like to be able to watch some in-market games at a bar, hopefully in the east Valley. Can anybody suggest a place or two?

I know it's easy to get a bar with multiple screens to tune one of them to the game, but can anybody recommend bars where other Coyotes fans are likely to be found? So far, I only know if 18 Degrees at Ice Den.

That's about it man. We hit up the Applebees on Elliot and Priest for our games. Usually a bunch of us took a corner and focused on those few TV's. But, that was about as good as it got.

korpedo 01-15-2013 01:18 PM

I was thinking of trying to get a regular thing going at a buffalo wild wings or something, the problem is which location.

awfulwaffle 01-15-2013 03:37 PM

Who lives in the East Valley?! Everyone already knows West Side is the Best Side!!! :yo::yo:

XX 01-15-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awfulwaffle (Post 57640049)
Everyone already knows West Side is the Best Side!!! :yo::yo:

If you're into drugs and violence, sure.

awfulwaffle 01-15-2013 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XX (Post 57640911)
If you're into drugs and violence, sure.

I'm into neither! Buckeye seems pretty safe lol, but it's also pretty much in California.

pacerhimself 01-23-2013 04:22 PM

I dunno about who all shows up there, but Santisi Brothers at I17 and Bell Rd has a lot of TVs there, and you should always be able to catch a game there.

DirtyOldMan 01-23-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pacerhimself (Post 58173167)
I dunno about who all shows up there, but Santisi Brothers at I17 and Bell Rd has a lot of TVs there, and you should always be able to catch a game there.

They used to be hockey friendly, but this was 6-7 years ago when I worked up that way, I don't know if they still are or not... the year the Hurricanes won I spent a lot of time in spring in that bar...

NHLfan4life 01-23-2013 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtyOldMan (Post 58173569)
They used to be hockey friendly, but this was 6-7 years ago when I worked up that way, I don't know if they still are or not... the year the Hurricanes won I spent a lot of time in spring in that bar...

they are, definitely. Especially if you are buying drinks and food. Great place to watch the games.