HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Jamie McBain (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323935)

Brock Anton 01-15-2013 01:28 PM

Jamie McBain
 
A few of us on the Canes board have been speculating that McBain could possibly be the odd man out due to the staff speaking very highly of Bobby Sanguinetti, who has impressed (and is subject to waivers). We're probably way off, but it is interesting to see Muller/JR go out of their way to praise Sanguinetti.

Carolina would be looking for a forward, preferably a center.

Halpysback* 01-15-2013 01:52 PM

Cullen, Setoguchi and some expendable depth D for McBain, Dwyer and Corvo?

Alluckks 01-15-2013 01:57 PM

JT Miller + 2nd?

bleedgreen 01-15-2013 02:41 PM

i would laugh my ass off if we traded mcbain to get cullen back....again. still wouldnt shock me at all either.

i think what we'd need is a center or just as needed would be a power forward of some kind. someone who can play physical at least. a replacement for ruutu.

Kershaw 01-15-2013 03:05 PM

Brady Skjei + 2nd Round pick for Jamie McBain

Brock Anton 01-15-2013 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57633647)
Cullen, Setoguchi and some expendable depth D for McBain, Dwyer and Corvo?

I'd do this for the sole purpose of getting rid of Corvo.

bernmeister 01-15-2013 04:44 PM

Miller and Skjei are keepers.

Something based around Yogan, St. Croix and Anderson for McBain?

Cardiac_Canes 01-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 57643705)
Miller and Skjei are keepers.

Something based around Yogan, St. Croix and Anderson for McBain?

Canes are looking for help at forward now. None of those guys help now.

jeromeo87 01-15-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes (Post 57646179)
Canes are looking for help at forward now. None of those guys help now.

Right. If we're trading McBain it has got to be for either another center, or a gritty winger to replace Ruutu.

heusy_79 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Wouldn't mind the Ducks swapping Lydman to a team needing a blueliner for 2nd round pick or decent prospect, and then moving a forward for McBain. Right now Anaheim's entire blueline core shoots left, and could use another guy who plays the PP.

Two proposals...


To Minnesota:

D Toni Lydman

To Anaheim:

2nd '14


To Carolina:

F Brandon McMillan
Conditional 2nd - Canes choose '13 or '14
5th '13

To Anaheim:

D Jamie McBain
4th '13

FlyersFan61290 01-15-2013 06:29 PM

Something around Matt Read work?

He plays all 3 forward positions but he would need to work on his faceoff skills if you're gonna keep him at C. He's also above average in his own zone, an excellent PKer who's a threat to score and on a real good contract for this yr and next. Not much older the McBain either. Thoughts?

Marshal Rochambeau 01-15-2013 06:36 PM

Greening, Condra, and Regin from Ottawa.

Cardiac_Canes 01-15-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by heusy_79 (Post 57648163)
Wouldn't mind the Ducks swapping Lydman to a team needing a blueliner for 2nd round pick or decent prospect, and then moving a forward for McBain. Right now Anaheim's entire blueline core shoots left, and could use another guy who plays the PP.

Two proposals...


To Minnesota:

D Toni Lydman

To Anaheim:

2nd '14


To Carolina:

F Brandon McMillan
Conditional 2nd - Canes choose '13 or '14
5th '13

To Anaheim:

D Jamie McBain
4th '13

How does this help Carolina at all?

Analyzer* 01-15-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cardiac_Canes (Post 57650651)
How does this help Carolina at all?

2nd round picks are the bees knees, man.

Blueline Bomber 01-17-2013 01:49 PM

All indication is that McBain's currently the 7th defenseman. Definite trade possibilites.

Swag Surf Aho 01-17-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber (Post 57741253)
All indication is that McBain's currently the 7th defenseman. Definite trade possibilites.

What? Are you implying that Sanguinetti won a starting spot based on his comments? I think that he will only play on the PP until he's needed as a healthy scratch.

roboninja 01-17-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova III (Post 57648673)
Greening, Condra, and Regin from Ottawa.

All three? That's a huge overpayment.

I think CAR would jump on Matt Read though.

Blueline Bomber 01-17-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics (Post 57743819)
What? Are you implying that Sanguinetti won a starting spot based on his comments? I think that he will only play on the PP until he's needed as a healthy scratch.

I based that off three things:

1. JR stating that Sangs needs to play in the NHL
2. Muller loving the Sangs - Harrison pairing.
3. Chip tweeting that McBain is currently considered the 7th defenseman.

So yeah, McBain could be available.

Swag Surf Aho 01-17-2013 03:02 PM

Sangs-Harrison does sound pretty sweet. I'm onboard with this. Still not a fan of trading mcBain just yet. Not until we know for sure what we got in sangs

Hockyluv21 01-17-2013 03:11 PM

I definitely don't see McBain being traded now. But perhaps if the 3rd line does not work as planned, I can see him and picks being packaged for a true third line center. But I think he'll stay: Corvo's a stopgap for one year, therefore there should be room for Sangs, Murphy and McBain next year.

Brock Anton 01-17-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockyluv21 (Post 57746477)
I definitely don't see McBain being traded now. But perhaps if the 3rd line does not work as planned, I can see him and picks being packaged for a true third line center. But I think he'll stay: Corvo's a stopgap for one year, therefore there should be room for Sangs, Murphy and McBain next year.

Having all three of Sanguinetti, McBain and Murphy on one defense to go along with Pitkanen and Faulk would be the softest defense in Hurricanes history, and that's saying something.

tarheelhockey 01-17-2013 03:52 PM

I don't understand how McBain could seriously be considered the 7th. That sounds more like a post-lockout "get your *** in gear" message than an actual commitment.

Finlandia WOAT 01-17-2013 03:57 PM

Personally, I think that they are just pimping Sanguinetti so someone will take him.

I'd rather not deal McBain. He's one of our more competent defenders (and that is an indication of our defense rather than McBain's prowess).

The Zetterberg Era 01-17-2013 04:21 PM

Detroit should be very interested in McBain. They also have the forwards to deal as far as a roster depth player and probably a high midtier prospect.

Finlandia WOAT 01-17-2013 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedWings19405 (Post 57750329)
Detroit should be very interested in McBain. They also have the forwards to deal as far as a roster depth player and probably a high midtier prospect.

McBain for Patrick Eaves.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:52 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.