HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Redden to Ottawa (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1323965)

ChronicallyInjured 01-15-2013 02:00 PM

Redden to Ottawa

Redden signs in Ottawa for around 1 million or less, what do people think?

Benjamin 01-15-2013 02:08 PM

No. Redden is actual garbage. I wouldn't even sign him to a 2way.

General Granny* 01-15-2013 02:08 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE SUCKS

Jesus christ ppl, stop with this Redden idea, he sucks at the minors so he would magically be better in the NHL, a league where he hasn't played in 3-4 years.

There are better UFA dman than him, just drop this stupid ass idea.

ChronicallyInjured 01-15-2013 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Granny (Post 57634663)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE SUCKS

Jesus christ ppl, stop with this Redden idea, he sucks at the minors so he would magically be better in the NHL, a league where he hasn't played in 3-4 years.

I agree with you, I'm just curious to hear what people who believe we should go after him have to say. Sure he was popular when he was in Ottawa but his career has definitely nose-dived since then.

jbeck5 01-15-2013 02:16 PM

If we're allowed to expand our roster after the deadline...and we're out of the playoffs, i would sign him to minimum to get him to 1000 games.

Lukus 01-15-2013 02:18 PM

Unless I am mistaking, Redden is under contract with the Rangers and cannot sign anywhere else. He will only be bought out at the end of the season where he will then become a UFA. Until then, he will sit out the rest of the season just like Gomez.

OK... just saw that the NHL and NHLPA reached an agreement and contracts can be bought out this year. Doubt anyone takes a chance at Redden... Gomez, maybe.

stakesishigh 01-15-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukus (Post 57635307)
Unless I am mistaken

You are, as of 30 minutes ago.
Read about it here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1323933

Depends whether or not NYR/MTL uses this newly available option.

danishh 01-15-2013 02:23 PM

Do it. League minimum 2-way, start him in the ahl.

For those saying he sucks, remember that he's spent the last three seasons with the knowledge that he will never play in the NHL again because of his contact. Hard to stay motivated knowing that. Maybe he can do better with a shot at the bigs again.

JawandaPuck 01-15-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stakesishigh (Post 57635523)
You are, as of 30 minutes ago.
Read about it here http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1323933

Depends whether or not NYR/MTL uses this newly available option.

Why wouldn't they. Free up a slot in the 50-max contract limit, giving them more options to sign others if they so choose.

JawandaPuck 01-15-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 57635671)
Do it. League minimum 2-way, start him in the ahl.

For those saying he sucks, remember that he's spent the last three seasons with the knowledge that he will never play in the NHL again because of his contact. Hard to stay motivated knowing that. Maybe he can do better with a shot at the bigs again.

They will, even if just to be classy and get Redden another six NHL games allowing him to reach the magical 1000 GP mark. Plus the Cowen and Lundin injuries open up a spot.

ChronicallyInjured 01-15-2013 02:32 PM

Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
Have it on good authority that the Senators do not have any intention of signing Wade Redden at this point -- despite his history here.

Guess thats /thread

JawandaPuck 01-15-2013 02:34 PM

Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Told that Bost, Tor, Fla, Ott have expressed at least preliminary interest in Redden

wubwubwubwub 01-15-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JawandaPuck (Post 57636405)
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie
Told that Bost, Tor, Fla, Ott have expressed at least preliminary interest in Redden

Mendes is not only more reliable than Brooks over, but hes certainly more reliable when it comes to the Sens.

danishh 01-15-2013 02:44 PM

Well, I'd believe Mendes over Brooks any day.

OmniSens 01-15-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danishh (Post 57637011)
Well, I'd believe Mendes over Brooks any day.

This, by far!

I'd let Redden back, just to see him get his 1000th game as a Senator. Not sure how much he's bring to the team over the young guns we have down in the AHL

Draiskull 01-15-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Granny (Post 57634663)
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

HE SUCKS

hey it worked for Souray... was garbage in lower leagues but picked up his game once he got back into NHL.
What is there to lose if he signs at league min??

ChocolateLeclaire 01-15-2013 03:44 PM

[QUOTE=Petro Points;57639905]hey it worked for Souray... was garbage in lower leagues but picked up his game once he got back into NHL.
What is there to lose if he signs at league min??[/QUOTE]

Actual hockey games.

Synthetek 01-15-2013 03:57 PM

Brooks is an idiot.

pepty 01-15-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher77 (Post 57636243)
Ian Mendes ‏@ian_mendes
Have it on good authority that the Senators do not have any intention of signing Wade Redden at this point -- despite his history here.

Guess thats /thread

Redden is one of my favourite players and I would love to see him finish out his career here,but I don't think he and Bryan Murray finished on a very good note.

SML 01-15-2013 06:41 PM

If you took a chance on letting this guy play for you in a short season like this, it could literally cost you a playoff spot. He was just soooo much worse than terrible the last time he played in NY. No footspeed at all. I mean not anything. He would practically stand on the blueline, and always try a pass all the way across to the other dman that would always get picked off. When that happened, you'd be lucky if Wade could even get turned around and get to center ice before the player was in on goal. Just no effort put forth whatsoever. I just don't know how to explain where the guys game went. He didnt like contact, he wasnt good positionally, he just didn't try and there was not one single aspect of his game you could realistically argue was still at an NHL level. I heard something about him having double sports hernias, I don't remember if there was anything to that or if that was the reason but man his game was shot. I can't imagine it's gotten better. I don't even feel bad for the guy. He's rich beyond his wildest dreams for being awful. Have a nice life. Just don't do it near a hockey rink anymore.