HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Picked up if placed on waivers? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=13241)

sting_fan 09-22-2003 03:40 AM

Picked up if placed on waivers?

The Panthers demoted Denis Shvidki to the AHL yesterday. If they intend on having him start the season in San Antonio, he'd have to pass through waivers. Juraj Konik was also demoted and is in the same boat as Shvidki in regards to have to pass through waivers. There is also speculation that the Panthers may put Ivan Novoseltsev on waivers.

Anyone think either of the three could make it through?

Shvidki -- $1,127,500.00
Novoseltsev -- $877,250.00
Konlik -- ????

Vatican Roulette 09-22-2003 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sting_fan
The Panthers demoted Denis Shvidki to the AHL yesterday. If they intend on having him start the season in San Antonio, he'd have to pass through waivers. Juraj Konik was also demoted and is in the same boat as Shvidki in regards to have to pass through waivers. There is also speculation that the Panthers may put Ivan Novoseltsev on waivers.

Shvidki -- $1,127,500.00
Konlik -- ????

Shvidki would not pass through. At all. He's a real talent, he's just had the inury bug. Someone would take him. Novoseltsev would be taken as well.

Kolnik might be if a team had a soft spot for him.

nordique 09-22-2003 04:23 AM

Quote:

Shvidki -- $1,127,500.00
Konlik -- ????

I doubt it...if I was a young team like Columbus or Atlanta, or a team like Nashville that could use scoring, I'd jump on one of those guys...wasn't Novoseltsev rumoured to go to Dallas earlier in a Matvichuk deal before they traded Sydor?

Burke's Evil Spirit 09-22-2003 07:08 AM

I can't imagine Novoseltsev passing through waivers....

thestonedkoala 09-22-2003 07:46 AM

Richard Park? Darby Hendrickson? Jim Dowd?...

I didn't want to post this in a new thread but I'm curious to know if anyone would pick these guys up if they were placed on waivers:

Richard Park
Darby Hendrickson
Jim Dowd
Johan Holmqvist

Spiffy 09-22-2003 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thestonedkoala
I didn't want to post this in a new thread but I'm curious to know if anyone would pick these guys up if they were placed on waivers:

Richard Park
Darby Hendrickson
Jim Dowd
Johan Holmqvist

A team without or with very little leadership (Nashville, I am looking in your direction) could take on Dowd or Hendrickson.

Evilo 09-22-2003 10:10 AM

Quote:

Shvidki -- $1,127,500.00
Konlik -- ????

I'm sure they could get something in return for these guys.
Maybe some late picks.
Maybe even better for Novo and Shvidki.
I hope the Pens take Shvidki. I like him.

Spiffy 09-22-2003 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo
I'm sure they could get something in return for these guys.
Maybe some late picks.
Maybe even better for Novo and Shvidki.
I hope the Pens take Shvidki. I like him.

I hope the pens don't. Shvidki hasn't proven much yet and still has a pretty good salary. I think they could find better players with that salary, it is not worth it for the Pens to gamble on a guy on Shvidki if he has that big salary. If he had a salary of say $700K I would definately think the Pens should take him, however he doesn't.

SmokeyClause 09-22-2003 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattihp
A team without or with very little leadership (Nashville, I am looking in your direction) could take on Dowd or Hendrickson.

Doubt it. We don't have the roomo for poor offensive hockey players. We have plenty of Dowd's and Hendrickson's. If Minny don't want 'em, it's a good possibility Nashville won't either.

GaborikRules10!!! 09-22-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Richard Park
Darby Hendrickson
Jim Dowd
Johan Holmqvist

I dont think u will see Park on waivers. The others I could see, but Lemaire loves Park.

thestonedkoala 09-22-2003 03:55 PM

We were discussing this over at the board and we believe that between Park and Brunette, Park is going to go.

Brodeur 09-22-2003 03:56 PM

I could see Novoseltsev get taken, perhaps by the Islanders. If I remember correctly, Milbury had a Kenny Jonsson for Novoseltsev trade in place several years ago.

Shvidki might be tougher if he is on a one way contract for over 1 mil. If he has a two way deal then several teams might take a chance on him, Columbus comes to mind, if they can't get Zherdev over.

GaborikRules10!!! 09-22-2003 04:00 PM

Quote:

We were discussing this over at the board and we believe that between Park and Brunette, Park is going to go.

Brunette on waivers :lol: Hes one of our best playmakers. Hes one of the stronger players on the puck. He makes great passes and scores goals. Hes not gonna get cut.

sting_fan 09-22-2003 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brodeur
I could see Novoseltsev get taken, perhaps by the Islanders. If I remember correctly, Milbury had a Kenny Jonsson for Novoseltsev trade in place several years ago.

Before the Islander fans get in a stir about it, let me clarify the whole Novoseltsev-Islanders thing. Milbury was after Kvasha, Novoseltsev was thrown in by Murray to try and land both Jonsson and Lapointe.

ATG 09-22-2003 04:45 PM

how early they forget richard park's game winners in colorado the dude is a decent clutch guy

thestonedkoala 09-22-2003 04:55 PM

GOALIES:
1. Manny Fernandez
2. Dwayne Roloson

DEFENSEMEN:
3. Brad Bombardir
4. Brad Brown
5. Willie Mitchell
6. Nick Schultz
7. Andrei Zyuzin
8. Filip Kuba
9. Jason Marshall

FORWARDS:
10. Wes Walz
11. Antti Laaksonen
12. Andrew Brunette
13. Marc Choiunard
14. Pierre- Marc Bouchard
15. Sergei Zholtok
16. Jeremy Stevenson
17. Richard Park
18. Rickard Wallin
19. Bill Muckalt
20. Christoph Brandner

BOX:
21. Matt Foy (if he can keep up his consistancy)
22. Brent Burns
23. Matt Johnson

Then move out Burns and Foy once Gaborik and Dupuis signs, move Wallin and Brandner to the box. But that begs the question if Foy gets hot when we sign Dupuis and Gaborik, who is the first one to go?

Park has consistancy problems. I love the guy but it's getting tight.

Evilo 09-22-2003 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mattihp
I hope the pens don't. Shvidki hasn't proven much yet and still has a pretty good salary. I think they could find better players with that salary, it is not worth it for the Pens to gamble on a guy on Shvidki if he has that big salary. If he had a salary of say $700K I would definately think the Pens should take him, however he doesn't.

I disagree.
These are the kind of guys the Pens should invest in. Guys who have tons of potential and with the right environment can find their game.
And if it doesn't work out, he has too much talent not to be picked by some other team after a few months within the Pens organization.
CP is known for taking some chances on waivers. He's found a few gems there (Straka, Lang, Tarnstrom...) or a few players that produce for a while (Robitaille)...
Shvidki could be the next.