HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   San Jose Sharks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   OT: HFSharks Fantasy Head2Head league '13| Division 4 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324125)

The Nemesis 01-15-2013 05:13 PM

HFSharks Fantasy Head2Head league '13| Division 4

League link: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/hfs13_d4 (for all interested gawkers, the league is public now, so anyone can see what's happening.)

GMTeam Name
The NemesisGrapes of Rathje
Thorntonfan97Hejda's gonna Hate
AlaskaniceTo Errey is Human
jwhitesjThe Spartans
sharkway driveGetzlaf's Toupee
kawaiiAigoo
fistfullofbeerClinton Corgis
deekortiz3Scraper Bike
SonticusBlown Tire
InfiniterbPunishers
LazykingEyeoftheShark
Sharklife25Multiple Scoregasms

I'll be sending out invites shortly to all participating GMs.

The draft is currently set for Thursday (the 17th) at 7:30pm PT.

There's very little flexibility in this time because the season starts Saturday. I can push it to as late as 8 or 8:30 (yahoo doesn't permit start times past 8:45pm) or as early as maybe 6:30pm, and/or it could be pushed back to Friday. But only if there's an overwhelming number of objections or problems with the current time. If you have problems, let me know ASAP. And if you can't make what ends up being the concretely set time, make sure to rank your players.

Lazyking 01-15-2013 07:19 PM

My team name is EyeoftheShark

The Nemesis 01-15-2013 07:48 PM

Thanks.

worth noting now that I don't mind people changing their team name mid-season, but if you do, let me know. We have had some trouble trying to match up teams to posters in the past because multiple users changed their team name without notification, which made all the records the commissioners keep useless.

Sharkway Drive 01-15-2013 07:57 PM

Im still trying to think of a clever name... :(

Fistfullofbeer 01-15-2013 08:11 PM

Registered. Team name is Clinton Corgis.

Will try not to be cannon fodder all the time.

Thorntonfan97 01-15-2013 08:23 PM

I'm Hejda's Gonna Hate

The Nemesis 01-15-2013 08:24 PM

Who's Aigoo?

Oppa 01-15-2013 08:39 PM

Me, I'm Aigoo

Was just about to PM

Sharkway Drive 01-15-2013 08:45 PM

I am Getzlaf's Toupee... for now.

sonticus 01-15-2013 10:15 PM

Just registered, team name is Blown Tire.

jwhitesj 01-16-2013 03:34 AM

I definitely won't be able to make the draft on Thusday night. Any other time would be fine. I still need to think up a name before I register.

The Nemesis 01-16-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhitesj (Post 57664805)
I definitely won't be able to make the draft on Thusday night. Any other time would be fine. I still need to think up a name before I register.

just register with whatever name and then you can change it after if you like (even just give the team your HF handle as a name). It's more important right now that I know everyone is in so that the draft can proceed. Because Yahoo won't let the draft happen if we have an odd # of teams signed up.

Alaskanice 01-16-2013 04:00 PM

Nem,
I'm in, I just haven't had a chance to get onto Yahoo due to my computer at work blocking it.

The Nemesis 01-16-2013 04:37 PM

heads up, we're going to be using divisions. there will be 3 divisions of 4 teams each, and the division winners will be given playoff seeds just like the actual NHL.

jwhitesj 01-16-2013 10:17 PM

Ok, I signed up as the spartans

The Nemesis 01-16-2013 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwhitesj (Post 57709049)
Ok, I signed up as the spartans

thanks. We're just waiting on Deekortiz to sign up then. He was on HF earlier tonight. But no league signup yet.

The Nemesis 01-17-2013 02:09 AM

alright, we're all signed up. Remember, tomorrow at 7:30pm PT.

Gonna run down some of the basics for the fantasy newbies. If this isn't your first draft in any fantasy sport, you can probably safely ignore most of this:

If you can't make the draft, be sure to pre-rank your players so that the auto-draft doesn't hose you over entirely.

I believe that this link:

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.co...0116/1/prerank

will take you to the ranking page provided you are set to be logged into Yahoo whenever you visit.

Click the yellow "Edit rankings" button, then you'll get 3 column/boxes to sort into. Click a player in the middle (from the default Yahoo rankings, which you can filter how you want) and either move them into the right column to put them into your custom rankings, or into the left column to ensure that the CPU will not auto-draft a player at all.

I believe you can rank players up until about 30 minutes before the draft starts.

If you can make the draft, Be sure to show up 10-15 minutes early. Even earlier than that (like as soon as you read this, if you want) make sure to run the test to ensure the draft window will load and function properly. Showing up early is important so that you can know where you draft (draft seedings are released about 15 minutes before the draft starts) and so that you can make sure that you get into the draft window in case of any last-minute complications.

The draft will be 12 picks per round for 19 rounds in order to fill the whole roster (3 of each forward position, 4 D, 2 G, and 4 bench spots). You have 1m15s to make your selection from the time the previous person selects (if you have your computer sound on, it will notify you with a chime.) If your clock expires, you will automatically pick either the highest player on your rankings, or the highest player on your draft queue (more on that in a few).

The longest the draft can conceivably last is about 4 and a half hours if every single pick uses its maximum clock time. Realistically you should probably expect it to clock in around 2:30 to 3 hours (human players rarely use their entire clock every time, and anyone on auto-draft will have each of their picks take about 10-15 seconds) There's a chat window in the draft app, so don't worry, you'll be entertained.

while drafting you can use the draft rankings to sort players based on any of the fantasy categories or filter by player name or position. You can also click the littler arrow icon to move players into your draft queue. this lets you keep tabs on players you are interested in (they will disappear out of your queue if they get drafted) and if you think you might miss your next pick while making a sandwich or answering phone or something, the queue will override any other rankings you have.

You will be able to make trades shortly after teh draft completes, and also add/drop players from free agency via the waiver wire. We're using rolling waiver priority, so everyone's initial waiver priority will be based on draft order, and each time you make a successful waiver claim, it bumps you down to the bottom of the priority list.

If you have any other questions, ask them here or via PM. Also since this is D4 and just a friendly fantasy league, chances are multiple GMs will be willing to offer advice before or during the draft if you are unsure of what to do.

sonticus 01-17-2013 03:22 AM

Thanks for setting this up Nem.

Now that we're set up, do we all start trash talking? All of you gents are going down! (is that how it's done?)

The Nemesis 01-17-2013 06:06 PM

Reminder that the draft is tonight at 7:30 PT

draft order will be up a half hour before the draft begins. Show up early to make sure you can get into the draft. I had some issues with Yahoo taking too long to connect to the draft in a league I drafted for last week.

Thorntonfan97 01-17-2013 09:36 PM

Is there a draft order?

The Nemesis 01-17-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorntonfan97 (Post 57763465)
Is there a draft order?

Not for another 25 minutes or so. Other leagues chose to set their draft orders early, but I left it on the default option to release the randomly determined order about a half hour before draft time. Starting at about 7pm PT/10pm ET you should be able to log into the draft room and see the order, begin setting your queue, or smack talk other GMs that show up. :D

Thorntonfan97 01-17-2013 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Nemesis (Post 57763569)
Not for another 25 minutes or so. Other leagues chose to set their draft orders early, but I left it on the default option to release the randomly determined order about a half hour before draft time. Starting at about 7pm PT/10pm ET you should be able to log into the draft room and see the order, begin setting your queue, or smack talk other GMs that show up. :D

Ah I see, smack talking... my favorite ;)

Sharkway Drive 01-17-2013 09:43 PM

*raises hand* I have a question! I might have to move houses during the middle of the draft. If I go offline and come back in like 5 minutes do you think I'll be ok?

Thorntonfan97 01-17-2013 09:47 PM

If I disappear tonight it's cause my tablet ****ed up but I just have to load it again

The Nemesis 01-17-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkway Drive (Post 57763793)
*raises hand* I have a question! I might have to move houses during the middle of the draft. If I go offline and come back in like 5 minutes do you think I'll be ok?

yeah probably. Worst case would be that you miss 1 of your picks. If you think that might be an issue, just stuff the top 5-7 players you think you might want to use that pick on in your player queue before you go, and if your pick comes up while you're gone, you'll automatically select the highest guy in the queue.

but if you leave right after one of your picks, 5 minutes should be more than enough time to get back. The pick clock is 1:15 and even if you pick right in the middle of the round, there's still going to be 10-14 selections between your picks most of the time (remember, it's a snake draft)