HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Value of Scott Hartnell (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324171)

Ducksgo* 01-15-2013 05:12 PM

Value of Scott Hartnell
 
Just wondering what it would take if one of our top line on the Ducks decides to leave. Hence Perry leaving and YES I know Harts plays left and Perry plays right. I'm just curious Flyer fans. Harts has grit and we need that upfront plus a bunch of scoring.

var 01-15-2013 05:18 PM

As surprising as it was to see Richards and Carter go, it would be even more surprising to see Hartnell go. Epitome of Philly hockey.

Ducksgo* 01-15-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by var (Post 57645255)
As surprising as it was to see Richards and Carter go, it would be even more surprising to see Hartnell go. Epitome of Philly hockey.

Well?? What would it take? Ducks won the cup off grit so I'm curious what it would take if we took a shot at Harts.

Prairie Habs 01-15-2013 05:45 PM

I'm pretty sure Montreal would be all over it if Hartnell became available, he would look great next to Plek on the second line.

I would also wonder what Philly would be looking for though I would assume it would be a top 4 or top 2 D depending on what either side adds.

We don't have any current top 4 D available so I assume we are out of the running, but I would still offer up

Beauleau + MTL 2nd + Emelin/Diaz

or Beaulieu + MTL 1st in 2014

Not that enticing for a win now team but Philly has a pretty long window for being competitive so I'll throw those out there.

Crafton 01-15-2013 05:48 PM

value to dentistry? incalculable.

Vipers31 01-15-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57645389)
Well?? What would it take? Ducks won the cup off grit so I'm curious what it would take if we took a shot at Harts.

We have no shot at him. Philadelphia is gunning for contention, and they are not going to consider trading their superstar center's winger who he has great chemistry with, for a downgrade. If we'd call, the only answer I'd expect would be would be Ryan, with them throwing something in there. And no even much, given what Giroux/Hartnell already are for them.

aqsw 01-15-2013 05:52 PM

He's worth a lot. I may get flamed bad from my fellow Jets fans, but I'd get rid of money bags for him.

orange is better 01-15-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 57646547)
We have no shot at him. Philadelphia is gunning for contention, and they are not going to consider trading their superstar center's winger who he has great chemistry with, for a downgrade. If we'd call, the only answer I'd expect would be would be Ryan, with them throwing something in there. And no even much, given what Giroux/Hartnell already are for them.

This. The flyers just don't really have any reason to trade Hartnell unless it was for a great overpayment. He's extremely valuable to this team, moreso than I think people realize. On top of being our numer 1 winger and Girouxs left hand man, he's a "glue guy" if you will...

There are some players on Anaheim that I like, but I don't even know if I'd consider trading Hartnell for them. No, not even hometown boy bobby Ryan. Yes Ryan has more trade value than Hartnell, as do the rest of the players Id want from Anaheim (perry, sbisa, fowler even though none of these would be traded, except maybe perry) and i LOVE ryan. i really want to see him in a flyers jersey some day, but I really think Hartnell is invaluable to the flyers, and not just on the ice necessarily, he's a mentor for the young guys and a class act off the ice. I think a lot of guys in the locker room would be pretty pissed if Hartnell were traded.

Ducksgo* 01-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vipers31 (Post 57646547)
We have no shot at him. Philadelphia is gunning for contention, and they are not going to consider trading their superstar center's winger who he has great chemistry with, for a downgrade. If we'd call, the only answer I'd expect would be would be Ryan, with them throwing something in there. And no even much, given what Giroux/Hartnell already are for them.

I would trade our first and Perry unsigned for him. He's a super duck player Viper we need gritt upfront. I hope Murray at least inquired on him.

BillyShoe1721 01-15-2013 06:34 PM

I'd imagine the Flyers would be interested in Fowler and Ryan. But in reality, I can't see him leaving. He just signed a 6 year extension with a NMC.

Ducksgo* 01-15-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 (Post 57648569)
I'd imagine the Flyers would be interested in Fowler and Ryan. But in reality, I can't see him leaving. He just signed a 6 year extension with a NMC.

That's why I want him. Six years NMC gritty as f and down! If ducks could get him were good years until our prospects turn pro.

Vipers31 01-15-2013 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57648259)
I would trade our first and Perry unsigned for him. He's a super duck player Viper we need gritt upfront.

I know he's a fantastic player and would be a picture-perfect fit here given what we could need, but I don't think that trade would be a smart idea, whatsoever. If Perry doesn't want to sign, we should take what we can get for him and use that first rounder. While Hartnell is great, that would be a huge price to pay in order to tread waters, because we certainly couldn't expect Hartnell to make up for Perry's lost production in that scenario. We just wouldn't be in a situation where such a move made sense. That's a couple of years away, I suppose.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57648259)
I hope Murray at least inquired on him.

I don't think any GM has inquired about him with Holmgren for a long time. Heavily contributing players on teams looking to win now, who have great chemistry with their linemates and who are signed long-term to good deals tend to not be on the market, unless very special circumstances arrive. There's no point in even dialing Holmgren's number asking about Hartnell, and I don't think any GM has actually bothered to make such a call in a long time. They know that's not a scenario where you can make a trade happen, which is tough enough generally.

orange is better 01-15-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57648259)
I would trade our first and Perry unsigned for him. He's a super duck player Viper we need gritt upfront. I hope Murray at least inquired on him.

This would be extremely tempting for me. Perry unsigned is a gamble because he might not resign but I really like perry, and I think with Giroux he could net 45-50 again. The first could be very valuable to us in terms of getting a potential top pairing defenseman if Anaheim has another down year.

But still, even with that being said, Hartnell is the type of guy who holds a locker room together, and keeps the guys loose and motivated. I honestly think trading him could be disastrous for team morale and locker room stability. I really think he's that important to our current success and the development of the young guys.

It would be a very tempting offer though.

Getz2perry 01-15-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57648875)
That's why I want him. Six years NMC gritty as f and down! If ducks could get him were good years until our prospects turn pro.

Or we could focus on bringing perry back... same type of player but corery perry is better at all aspects.

lakai17 01-15-2013 11:07 PM

Peter Laviolette said Scott Hartnell is worth his left nut, that's how he values Scott.

lakai17 01-15-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aqsw (Post 57646631)
He's worth a lot. I may get flamed bad from my fellow Jets fans, but I'd get rid of money bags for him.

I would consider it as well, he is that good and will be in his prime for many more seasons.

Honour Over Glory 01-15-2013 11:53 PM

Ryan would cost Hartnell +.

Yeah he's a fan favourite, but you'd have to be blind as a bat to think Ryan isn't worth more.

laundryman 01-15-2013 11:58 PM

If the Flyers were in a position to move Scott (which they aren't, as said in this thread) and Anaheim inquired, I'd assume they would have interest in Fowler or Perry. Perry for Hartnell straight up is interesting because the value isn't quite the same, but Perry is a soon to be free agent and there's been speculation that the Flyers will make a run at him after this year. If Anaheim wants to get something for Perry, a 30 goal scoring locker room glue guy and fan favorite is not a bad return by any stretch.

The return might be different for other teams. Depending on how the young guys for the Flyers do this year (Voracek, Schenn, Read) in terms of handling the scoring load, the Flyers could move Hartnell to bolster the defense knowing they have others to fill the loss in scoring. A top 4 d-man would be nice. If a team offers a top 2 the Flyers would probably toss in a pick or a prospect like Gustafsson or Bourdon

Gert B Frobe 01-16-2013 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prairie Habs (Post 57646331)
I'm pretty sure Montreal would be all over it if Hartnell became available, he would look great next to Plek on the second line.

I would also wonder what Philly would be looking for though I would assume it would be a top 4 or top 2 D depending on what either side adds.

We don't have any current top 4 D available so I assume we are out of the running, but I would still offer up

Beauleau + MTL 2nd + Emelin/Diaz

or Beaulieu + MTL 1st in 2014

Not that enticing for a win now team but Philly has a pretty long window for being competitive so I'll throw those out there.

Couldn't crack the 1st line in Montreal? You might be over-valuing a couple wingers there..

Broad Street Elite 01-16-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honour Over Glory (Post 57661821)
Ryan would cost Hartnell +.

Yeah he's a fan favourite, but you'd have to be blind as a bat to think Ryan isn't worth more.

In terms of raw value, I wholeheartedly agree. That said, I doubt the Flyers would take the deal even if it were straight up because of Hartnell's role in the teams chemistry. I think it's fairly obvious that the Flyers and Ryan have a ton of mutual interest, but the deal to be made isn't around Hartnell from either teams perspective.

captainpaxil 01-16-2013 12:41 AM

Ryan even up or an offer like sbisa palmierri 2 firsts

Getz2perry 01-16-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainpaxil (Post 57663091)
Ryan even up or an offer like sbisa palmierri 2 firsts

Sbisa- an nhl defencemen who can skate and hit with a good two way game.
Kyle Palmieri- arguably our top prospect
and 2 firsts- depending what happens with getz and perry high picks

for hartnell, switch hartnell to giroux maybe

feedingschennzy 01-16-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Getz2perry (Post 57663199)
Sbisa- an nhl defencemen who can skate and hit with a good two way game.
Kyle Palmieri- arguably our top prospect
and 2 firsts- depending what happens with getz and perry high picks

for hartnell, switch hartnell to giroux maybe

Giroux would cost you Ryan, Fowler, and a 1st

Getz2perry 01-16-2013 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdugan (Post 57663255)
Giroux would cost you Ryan, Fowler, and a 1st

Ya i know i dont think ryan fowler and a 1st gets giroux either. If it does sign me up.


But i was saying the only person on the flyers i would give up 2 firsts our top prospect and sbisa for was giroux. Not many players in the nhl id give up 2 firsts for especially with the potential of losing getz perry koivu and selanne next season.

orange is better 01-16-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdugan (Post 57663255)
Giroux would cost you Ryan, Fowler, and a 1st

Try Ryan, Perry (unsigned), Fowler and 2 firsts. and even then, it makes us a worse team. this team is what it is BECAUSE of Giroux. i know this was said about Mike Richards by some Flyers fans for a bit, but i honestly see Giroux playing his entire career in a Flyers uniform.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:38 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.