HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The KHL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=193)
-   -   Karri Ramo (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324337)

Qubax 01-15-2013 08:54 PM

Karri Ramo
 
I see this guys stats were better last year.

How has he been this year, and if he comes over next year for the Flames what chance does he have to carve out an NHL career?

Thanks

SoundAndFury 01-17-2013 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qubax (Post 57655059)
I see this guys stats were better last year.

How has he been this year, and if he comes over next year for the Flames what chance does he have to carve out an NHL career?

Thanks

He's been pretty much the same, good KHL goalie.

The way I see it he has no chance to have anything even close to a successful NHL career. Lets in softies all the time and generally has too many holes in his game. I mean Karlsson is no good but Ramo isn't much better.

malkinfan 01-18-2013 12:10 AM

IDK I haven't seen him give up too many softies this year. There have been many games where he has been very solid. I think he could be an NHL starter. I think the Flames were trying to get him back over for the future. Omsk is 2nd in the league, and they have one of the leagues best GA. The team in front of him is good, but he is also a big reason. Reizvikh has also been very good.

SoundAndFury 01-18-2013 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkinfan (Post 57772851)
I think he could be an NHL starter. I think the Flames were trying to get him back over for the future.

NHL starter.. Well, I wouldn't want to be a fan of the teams which starting goalie is Ramo to say the least.

If you don't believe me just consider the fact that 2 teams with not that great of the goaltending - Montreal and Tampa Bay - traded him away basically for nothing.

malkinfan 01-18-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundAndFury (Post 57784873)
NHL starter.. Well, I wouldn't want to be a fan of the teams which starting goalie is Ramo to say the least.

If you don't believe me just consider the fact that 2 teams with not that great of the goaltending - Montreal and Tampa Bay - traded him away basically for nothing.

I agree, there is still much that he has to prove. Also consider that Calgary acquired him knowing that he was at the time, and into the future would remain in the KHL for some time. They must have some kind of hopes for him...
He carried Omsk deep into the playoffs last year, I am predicting he will carry them deep into the PO this year. Speak of the devil, he just had a 40 save shutout today.

IMO Omsk will win the cup this season, and Ramo will be a big reason :yo:

SoundAndFury 01-18-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malkinfan (Post 57790671)
I agree, there is still much that he has to prove. Also consider that Calgary acquired him knowing that he was at the time, and into the future would remain in the KHL for some time. They must have some kind of hopes for him...
He carried Omsk deep into the playoffs last year, I am predicting he will carry them deep into the PO this year. Speak of the devil, he just had a 40 save shutout today.

IMO Omsk will win the cup this season, and Ramo will be a big reason :yo:

If they will win (they won't) the cup this season Ramo will be the main reason, that's for sure. But last year there was not much of a carrying going on, Omsk had a very, very good team. 2 KHL All-Stars in Kalyuzhnyi and Cervenka plus top-6 forward in Averin left them at the end of the season and they still remained one of the best teams in the league, their team last year was that stacked.

And Calgary didn't really acquire him, he was just thrown into the deal as a spare part. Looking at that trade it's obvious Ramo had no value whatsoever in it.

TheHudlinator 01-18-2013 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundAndFury (Post 57795399)
If they will win (they won't) the cup this season Ramo will be the main reason, that's for sure. But last year there was not much of a carrying going on, Omsk had a very, very good team. 2 KHL All-Stars in Kalyuzhnyi and Cervenka plus top-6 forward in Averin left them at the end of the season and they still remained one of the best teams in the league, their team last year was that stacked.

And Calgary didn't really acquire him, he was just thrown into the deal as a spare part. Looking at that trade it's obvious Ramo had no value whatsoever in it.

Actually several writers have said that the Flames wanted Ramo in the deal as they see him as a potential starter in the NHL and Feaster is a supporter of his as he drafted him.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.