HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Shop.NHL.Com Jersey Issue (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324371)

Not Now John 01-15-2013 09:45 PM

Shop.NHL.Com Jersey Issue

I just bought a Flyers Giroux jersey off of Shop.NHL.com, but that was a few days ago when Giroux was still the assistant. Now, he is the official captain. I called, but CS said it was too late, and that I was stuck with the "A" instead of the "C".

Is there anything I can do to get the letter replaced, or am I stuck with this as is forever?! :laugh:

RockLobster 01-15-2013 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBH (Post 57657093)
I just bought a Flyers Giroux jersey off of Shop.NHL.com, but that was a few days ago when Giroux was still the assistant. Now, he is the official captain. I called, but CS said it was too late, and that I was stuck with the "A" instead of the "C".

Is there anything I can do to get the letter replaced, or am I stuck with this as is forever?! :laugh:

If you can return it I'd opt to do that and order from somewhere else.

I don't feel that Shop.NHL.com, at least when I made my order 2 years ago, properly advertised that their Jerseys just screen printed names and numbers. Had I known that I was paying the same amount that I pay at other sites that stich names/numbers on, I wouldn't have ordered from them.

That's just my .02 cents though.

Not Now John 01-16-2013 09:09 PM

Any other suggestions? It can't be returned.

Ah well, he could've been traded. :laugh:

deeselcyde 05-29-2013 04:28 PM

My girlfriend bought me a white Jeff Carter jersey from shop.nhl.com (not knowing the quality, she just searched nhl jerseys) and the heat pressing looks BAD! Mainly because the black Carter letters are on a bright white name tag. It's way whiter than the jersey. It sucks because spent close to 200 bucks on the thing because it was "customized". I tried to return it but they wouldn't take it back. Such BS. I'll never buy from them again.

So frustrating!

The Tikkanen 05-30-2013 09:08 AM

If it's heat pressed you can just get a heat gun and take the letter off and have the C sewn on once you find a C. Anybody that knows how to sew should be able to do it.

McDugan 05-30-2013 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen (Post 66790067)
If it's heat pressed you can just get a heat gun and take the letter off and have the C sewn on once you find a C. Anybody that knows how to sew should be able to do it.

Just be very careful not to burn the fabric of the jersey. Probably better to try with a hair dryer first.

SaintTavares 05-30-2013 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDugan (Post 66792031)
Just be very careful not to burn the fabric of the jersey. Probably better to try with a hair dryer first.

Hair dryer probably wont be hot enough to remove it. As long as there's no direct flame being applied to the jersey, I wouldn't worry too much about the fabric, especially considering a letter is gonna go over that area.

Hawks82 05-30-2013 09:06 PM

NHL.com shop is the absolute worst place to order a jersey from.