HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Value of: Johan Franzen (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324635)

RedMenace 01-16-2013 09:29 AM

Johan Franzen
 
Just to get a general feeling for what fans of other teams think he's worth, what would you give for Johan Franzen?

Here are his vitals:
Age: 33
Years in the NHL: 7 (not counting this season)
Height: 6'3" (190.5cm)
Weight: 223 (101kg)
Position: Right Wing
Shoots: Left
Contract: $3,954,545 cap hit until 2019-2020 (Age: 41)
Regular Season Production: 472 GP; 150G (21G/season avg; 34G high), 125A; +86
Playoff Production: 88GP; 38G, 38A; +35; Stanley Cup in 2008

bleedblue1223 01-16-2013 09:32 AM

Really like him as a player, but I wouldn't touch his contract with a 10 foot pole.

sully61 01-16-2013 09:34 AM

I'd like to move him and a prospect or picks for an upgrade scorer with good skating for Filppula to play with.

BusQuets 01-16-2013 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 57670677)
I'd like to move him and a prospect or picks for an upgrade scorer with good skating for Filppula to play with.

Something around Korpikoski and Franzen?

Amadeus 01-16-2013 09:42 AM

His play has dropped and is frustrating Wings fans. Doubt he has too much value but I 1st and a mid-range prospect is what I'd assume.

Vankiller Whale 01-16-2013 09:48 AM

I would be interested in him, but only for a moderate futures package. It's likely that only contenders would be interested in him, but they won't be interested in moving a roster player for him.

Or, I could just offer Raymond + Ballard + 2nd:sarcasm:

RedMenace 01-16-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 57670621)
Really like him as a player, but I wouldn't touch his contract with a 10 foot pole.

Yeah, that's the 30-foot albatross in the room. Does the new CBA say anything about trading for a player, then the new team buying out his contract? I mean, that would be a HUGE favor to Detroit, and it's quite likely that no GM would do that... ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully61 (Post 57670677)
I'd like to move him and a prospect or picks for an upgrade scorer with good skating for Filppula to play with.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57671273)
I would be interested in him, but only for a moderate futures package. It's likely that only contenders would be interested in him, but they won't be interested in moving a roster player for him.

Personally, I'd rather have picks/prospects since we have Tatar and Nyquist champing at the bit to get into the top-6, and a rotation of Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Brunner, Flippula, Tatar, and Nyquist sounds pretty good to me.

Quote:

Or, I could just offer Raymond + Ballard + 2nd
SOLD!

No, wait...

hundreddollarbill 01-16-2013 09:53 AM

Swap for Bourque????

:-)

Viqsi 01-16-2013 12:26 PM

If there were some manner under the new CBA in which Detroit could retain some portion of his salary such that there's no "cap advantage" hit to the team trading for him, I could see a bit more interest coming along.

Otherwise, y'all can reap what you sow. :)

probertrules24 01-16-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viqsi (Post 57678905)
If there were some manner under the new CBA in which Detroit could retain some portion of his salary such that there's no "cap advantage" hit to the team trading for him, I could see a bit more interest coming along.

Otherwise, y'all can reap what you sow. :)

Holland signed the deal so I'm guessing he has no problem with the contract.

"Reap the whirlwind, Brady. Reap it."

Viqsi 01-16-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by probertrules24 (Post 57679623)
Holland signed the deal so I'm guessing he has no problem with the contract.

"Reap the whirlwind, Brady. Reap it."

That was before the new CBA.

BinCookin 01-16-2013 03:50 PM

Franzen is a Paradox.

Scores amazingly well one game. His shot is very very accurate.

and another game he will look slow and unenthused.

Its almost "kovalev" syndrome, although kovalev is a higher talent, and i feel he took more games off than Franzen.

That being said the next 5 years of his 7 year contract likely work out well.

The last 2 he will be paid too much. (for the cap hit).

I doubt alot of teams have any interest at all honestly.

Domino11 01-16-2013 04:19 PM

How about bourque for franzen ?? Bourque could score and is cheaper for the wing ... Maybe mtl could give the wing a prospect like quailer or astvin

BinCookin 01-16-2013 04:22 PM

Franzen has scored 27+ goals in 4 straight seasons (im not including the one he played 20 games due to injury), he has more value than bourque right now, you would need to add.

Domino11 01-16-2013 04:25 PM

Of course he as more value then bourque but how much more ?? If franzen didn't have that huge contract he would be worth a lot to my eye but the contract is killing him !!

Bouruqe + weber
Or
Bourque + 2 round + 4 round

Something like that I gess would be good value to me

BinCookin 01-16-2013 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Domino11 (Post 57692789)
Of course he as more value then bourque but how much more ?? If franzen didn't have that huge contract he would be worth a lot to my eye but the contract is killing him !!

Bouruqe + weber
Or
Bourque + 2 round + 4 round

Something like that I gess would be good value to me

I think that values are about right.

ManoWarrior 01-16-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57671273)
I would be interested in him, but only for a moderate futures package. It's likely that only contenders would be interested in him, but they won't be interested in moving a roster player for him.

Or, I could just offer Raymond + Ballard + 2nd:sarcasm:

No, the Wings need a defensive defenseman.

Raymond + Alberts + 2nd

Ishad 01-16-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 (Post 57670621)
Really like him as a player, but I wouldn't touch his contract with a 10 foot pole.

I really don't understand the fear of Franzen's contract after the CBA. Is it the fear that he would play out the entire contract and not be worth the cap hit at the end or is it the fear that he would retire at 36 and a team would have to deal with a whopping $1.0 million in dead cap for the next 3 years? (Assuming he is traded this offseason)

Cogburn 01-16-2013 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishad (Post 57694357)
I really don't understand the fear of Franzen's contract after the CBA. Is it the fear that he would play out the entire contract and not be worth the cap hit at the end or is it the fear that he would retire at 36 and a team would have to deal with a whopping $1.0 million in dead cap for the next 3 years? (Assuming he is traded this offseason)

Luongo has 1.4 and his value is zero according to some.

Really though, I'd be happy with Franzen on Vancouver, but we're short on youth already, and our better defensemen won't be up for grabs. Ballard+, Sauve and 2nd, or something around Lu would be what we can afford, and frankly that Montreal deal beats the pants off of what I have offered.

Viqsi 01-17-2013 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ManoWarrior (Post 57694339)
No, the Wings need a defensive defenseman.

Raymond + Alberts + 2nd

Last I checked, the Wings don't do "defensive". If you never go near the offensive zone you don't play Red Wings hockey. It's all of the ice or none of it.

(We're kind of trying to imitate that model over here... ;) )

x BEUKEBOOM x 01-17-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuomaz (Post 57670973)
Something around Korpikoski and Franzen?

*disclaimer* Outside fan just throwing this out there for fun,


Korpo + Klesla

for

Franzen + pick/prospect.


Detroit needs D. Rusty is a tad over paid but a solid player and smart veteran defencman. Korpo can skate, is defensively responsible, and a moderate scorer.

Franzen is Franzen. PHX can use all the O' it can get after losing Whitney. I know Whitney and the Mule bring different things but Doan & Franzen sure would put a hurting down low on the power play and wear teams out going into 3rd periods.

InjuredChoker 01-17-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by x CALLAHAN x (Post 57738671)
*disclaimer* Outside fan just throwing this out there for fun,


Korpo + Klesla

for

Franzen + pick/prospect.


Detroit needs D. Rusty is a tad over paid but a solid player and smart veteran defencman. Korpo can skate, is defensively responsible, and a moderate scorer.

Franzen is Franzen. PHX can use all the O' it can get after losing Whitney. I know Whitney and the Mule bring different things but Doan & Franzen sure would put a hurting down low on the power play and wear teams out going into 3rd periods.

We have enough forwards already, Korpikoski though good player, he doesn't bring us anything that we won't already have.. speedy lefty. Not that much interest in Klesla either.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:06 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.