HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Scott Walker trade value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=132467)

Joe T Choker 03-01-2005 11:14 PM

Scott Walker trade value

give us your best fair equal offer

O for D or O for C

McDonald19 03-02-2005 01:34 AM

If this site is correct then he will be a UFA July 1st and thus has no trade value.

http://www.geocities.com/floridapant...05.html?200516

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
If this site is correct then he will be a UFA July 1st and thus has no trade value.

http://www.geocities.com/floridapant...05.html?200516

I don't think that's right. Nashville fans correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he sign a 3 year deal last february? Or at least 2.

PredsFan77* 03-02-2005 01:59 AM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1737498

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Nashville Predators have signed forward Scott Walker to a contract extension.

Terms of the extension were not disclosed.

Walker leads the Predators this season in goals (17), points (38) and short-handed goals (3). He is Nashville's all-time leading scorer with 83 goals, and ranks among the franchise leaders in games played, assists and points.

Walker, 30, was scheduled to become a restricted free agent on July 1.

"Scott Walker is the prototype Nashville Predator, and we are pleased to announce that we have signed him to a long-term deal," general manager David Poile said. "He is a feisty, hard-working emotional leader who basically developed from a role player into a top-line contributor with Nashville over the past six seasons."

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1737498

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Nashville Predators have signed forward Scott Walker to a contract extension.

Terms of the extension were not disclosed.

Walker leads the Predators this season in goals (17), points (38) and short-handed goals (3). He is Nashville's all-time leading scorer with 83 goals, and ranks among the franchise leaders in games played, assists and points.

Walker, 30, was scheduled to become a restricted free agent on July 1.

"Scott Walker is the prototype Nashville Predator, and we are pleased to announce that we have signed him to a long-term deal," general manager David Poile said. "He is a feisty, hard-working emotional leader who basically developed from a role player into a top-line contributor with Nashville over the past six seasons."

"terms" are never disclosed, but the tennessean revealed them at some point, and i could swear the deal was long term.

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 02:12 AM

but at any rate, let's assume that he WON'T be UFA, what would the offer be?

Remember...we need centers..bad.

McDonald19 03-02-2005 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I don't think that's right. Nashville fans correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he sign a 3 year deal last february? Or at least 2.

I see.

No reason for Nashville to trade him then if he is signed for 05/06 and 06/07.

McDonald19 03-02-2005 02:13 AM

Quote:

but at any rate, let's assume that he WON'T be UFA, what would the offer be?

Remember...we need centers..bad.

well what Center do you want from Anaheim...Feds, Rucchin, Niedermayer, McDonald, Pahlsson...

Ducks could definetly use a character player who can score.

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McDonald19
I see.

No reason for Nashville to trade him then if he is signed for 05/06 and 06/07.

I don't think he'd be traded, his popularity is just at an all time low for some boneheaded remarks he's made during the lockout(going beyond the standard NHLPA stuff), and technically..he's somewhat expendable. If Walker was traded, we'd easily be able to retain Sullivan for a couple of more years..and he could switch over to his natural spot. Hartnell could then bump up to full time duty on the first line at LW, and Erat would be the locked in second line LW.

Peter Griffin 03-02-2005 02:47 AM

Would love to see Walker back on the Canucks, but not sure if the Canucks would really have anything that would entice the Preds that they could part with.

bert 03-02-2005 02:49 AM

Smolinksy and White for Walker?

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bert
Smolinksy and White for Walker?

Didn't you offer that at one point? Quantity doesn't get you quality, unfortunately.

Motown Beatdown 03-02-2005 12:20 PM

Walker for Robert Lang (as part of some package)

Detroit has centers, needs grit. Preds have grit, needs centers.

andora 03-02-2005 12:22 PM

preds would rather have a center with some size AND grit/toughness and some offense

lang is pretty much an offensive oriented player... i would pass personally...

we'd need a player in the mold of arnott IMO, so similar to walker himself, but bigger and more offense IMO

Darth Milbury 03-02-2005 12:25 PM

Why would a team trade a player who is as gritty as Walker, but scores more than Walker, for Walker? You're going to have to give up something to get something.

In any case, Walker is exactly the kind of player playoff bound teams look for at the deadline.

Mikka The Grey 03-02-2005 12:48 PM

Walker is NOT as gritty as he once was when he was trying to make a name for himself. He has tried over the last 2 seasons to be more of a finesse player, especially since Sullivan arrived.

My personal feeling is he may not be worth much unless a team needs help for a playoff run. There are some partial season ticket holders in my section that love to call him "Mushy Head" everytime he has the puck. Too many serious concussions may have also caused him to run off at the mouth during the lockout.

Trade him for future picks and let Hartnell take his place.

Double O Soul 03-02-2005 02:07 PM

In my FHL league, he was traded for Drew Stafford and a mid-second round pick

PredsFan77* 03-02-2005 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moonstomper
In my FHL league, he was traded for Drew Stafford and a mid-second round pick

Well in my FHL league, he was traded for a bag of pucks and two tickets to the circus.

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 03:18 PM

I think Walker is being a little unfairly typecast as JUST a gritty forward. His knock is that he's had a few short seasons due to injury, but when his last two mostly healthy seasons, he scored 25 and 26 goals, respectively. It's the fact that he CAN play on the top line, knock in a bunch of goals while ALSO possessing that grit that makes him such a good player, in my book. He's "the total package," as far as I see it. He IS getting up there in age and he HAS had some injury problems, but those are really the only knocks that I can call. It would be foolish to trade him for picks, because I think he's one of better assets the team has, and could be swapped out for a similar type of guy that can play the position we need. Andora mentioned Arnott..and that's exactly the type of guy I have in mind.

Crossroads* 03-02-2005 03:28 PM

Arnott for Walker? No way...

Double O Soul 03-02-2005 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PredsFan77
Well in my FHL league, he was traded for a bag of pucks and two tickets to the circus.

wow, how terribly confusing. That deal would not get approved in my league. We try to keep fantasy hockey and real life events seperate, otherwise the lines between the two get rather blurry

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossroads
Arnott for Walker? No way...

Now, I know he's no Carlo Colaiacovo or Nik Antropov, but believe it or not, Walker has some value!

Crossroads* 03-02-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Now, I know he's no Carlo Colaiacovo or Nik Antropov, but believe it or not, Walker has some value!

I know he has some value. However, he definitely is not in Arnott's league.

SmokeyClause 03-02-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

What league is that? Overpriced, underperforming big center who hasn't scored 60 points in the NHL in over a decade? Some people on here put Arnott on a pedestal as if he's one of the elite centerman in the NHL. Walker may or may not be on his level, but his level is rather pedestrian.

barrytrotzsneck 03-02-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

I'm with Smokey. I fail to see how they're not equal players, at this point. If anything, at 2 million dollars for more production, it seems that the only advantage Arnott holds is size...and the fact that he's a center, which the Preds need.