HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Jets claim Anthony Peluso off waivers from STL (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324723)

Gryph 01-16-2013 12:13 PM

Jets claim Anthony Peluso off waivers from STL
 
Dregger is now reporting they picked up Anthony Peluso off waivers from St.Louis.

Anyone have any insight on this guy? Stats are very underwhelming, 6th round pick...looks to be a tough guy.

garret9 01-16-2013 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gryph (Post 57675029)
Dregger is now reporting they picked up Anthony Peluso off waivers from St.Louis.

Anyone have any insight on this guy? Stats are very underwhelming, 6th round pick...looks to be a tough guy.

Someone make a thread and I'll do what I can

<edit> nm... this guy doesn't even have any NHL experience... wtf is Chevy doing...

Hammer Slammer 01-16-2013 12:22 PM

Jets claim Anthony Peluso off waivers from STL
 
Per caley from the Trade boards.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caley (Post 57674679)
per Elliotte Friedman



https://twitter.com/FriedgeHNIC/stat...91750185803776

This year in the AHL, Peluso had 5 goals and 11 points in 36 games to go with 58 PIM. He's a St. Louis 6th round pick #160 overall in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft


sully1410 01-16-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 57675033)
Stapleton is under contract in the KHL. They can't bring him back.


Also today the jets claimed Anthony Peluso off of waivers from the Blues. As far as I know is he's a gritty career minor league D-man. Not sure why they claimed him.

He's a RW.

cheswick 01-16-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 57675713)
He's a RW.

MY bad. Capgeek has him as a D man

garret9 01-16-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer (Post 57675499)
Per caley from the Trade boards.

see this is worse than Jaffray as Peluso basically in my he and Thorburn are redundant... and even when I'm hard on Thorburn he's most likely way better than Peluso...

Thorburn
Year 1 AHL 58GP 6G 16A
Year 2 AHL 73GP 12G 17A
Year 3 AHL 77GP 23G 27A

Peluso
Year 1 AHL 22GP 1G 1A, ECHL 27GP 4G 7A, IHL 2GP 0G 1A
Year 2 AHL 62GP 5G 2A
Year 3 AHL 61GP 4G 5A

sully1410 01-16-2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 57675815)
MY bad. Capgeek has him as a D man

Oh that very well could be right then. I just did a quick google search and saw RW on Wiki

sully1410 01-16-2013 12:32 PM

Well we do lack depth on the RW

Jet 01-16-2013 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 57675929)
Oh that very well could be right then. I just did a quick google search and saw RW on Wiki

He's probably a guy like McIntyre who plays both because he is equally bad at each and not on the ice to play hockey :)

wpgsilver 01-16-2013 12:33 PM

The difference to me is that Thorburn strikes me as a guy who at this point in his career is trying to establish himself as more than a fighter. He talks about showing more aspects of his game etc.

From the sounds of it Peluso is purely an enforcer. Not sure if that's what we need though.

garret9 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgsilver (Post 57676077)
The difference to me is that Thorburn strikes me as a guy who at this point in his career is trying to establish himself as more than a fighter. He talks about showing more aspects of his game etc.

From the sounds of it Peluso is purely an enforcer. Not sure if that's what we need though.

Which is all the more reason I would rather have Thorburn as the 4th line RW than this guy.

cheswick 01-16-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1410 (Post 57675929)
Oh that very well could be right then. I just did a quick google search and saw RW on Wiki

Ok so it looks like he played on Defence in a few junior years but he's listed as RW on the Peoria site where he's currently playing.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 57676045)
He's probably a guy like McIntyre who plays both because he is equally bad at each and not on the ice to play hockey :)

This is probably accurate. Weird pickup considering the Blues can just take him back when he gets sent down again. (He is gonna get sent down again right??)

garret9 01-16-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 57675815)
MY bad. Capgeek has him as a D man

They changed him because D enforcers tend to move to forward to be less of a liability to the team and give them minimal minutes... See: Paul Biznasty

wpgsilver 01-16-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garret9 (Post 57676121)
Which is all the more reason I would rather have Thorburn as the 4th line RW than this guy.

I agree, perhaps the Jets just want a fighter though. I have no clue :laugh:

Jet 01-16-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cheswick (Post 57676135)
Ok so it looks like he played on Defence in a few junior years but he's listed as RW on the Peoria site where he's currently playing.




This is probably accurate. Weird pickup considering the Blues can just take him back when he gets sent down again. (He is gonna get sent down again right??)

I just can't see the Jets wasting a roster spot on this guy.

Unless they believe he can actually contribute minutes? If so this is bad news for Thorburn.

Personally I hate players like this. I don't think they are a deterrent and they weaken your team. I like gritty guys who will fight but actually play the game. I was hoping Machacek would be that guy for us.

Rheged 01-16-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Tim Campbell ‏@FPTimCampbell
#NHLJets have claimed RW Anthony Peluso from waivers, from #STLBlues; told it's not for the #IceCaps. #bn
Definitely confusing.

wpgsilver 01-16-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rheged (Post 57676343)
Definitely confusing.

ECHL? ASHL? Haha

Jesus Christ Horburn 01-16-2013 12:44 PM

If we needed warm bodies in case of injuries, surely we could have done better than this guy.

These are just some of the forwards who were waived in the last few days:

Patrick Maroon
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblonde
Marc-Andre Cliche
Stefan Legein
Zach Hamill
Matt Clackson
Michael Haley
TJ Hensick
Brett Sonne

And yet we chose to claim ANTHONY PELUSO?

Grind 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

yah i don't get this pickup at all.

garret9 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wpgsilver (Post 57676451)
ECHL? ASHL? Haha

If they were to drop him to minors he'd have to go through waivers again... no... for some reason they are picking him up as a NHL trial... sigh

Jet 01-16-2013 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WJG (Post 57676587)
If we needed warm bodies in case of injuries, surely we could have done better than this guy.

These are just some of the players who were waived in the last few days:
Patrick Maroon
Ty Wishart
Pierre-Luc Letourneau-Leblonde
Marc-Andre Cliche
Stefan Legein
Zach Hamill
Matt Clackson
Michael Haley
TJ Hensick
Brett Sonne

And yet we chose to claim ANTHONY PELUSO?

I don't think the Peluso pick up is an injury fill in. Obviously someone (people) on the Jets believe that a fighter is needed on this team. I tend to disagree, think that this role is dinosauric and not needed.

GJF 01-16-2013 12:47 PM

Maybe they'll try to punch the hell out of the other SE teams to hurt them on the short season :sarcasm:

garret9 01-16-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 57676679)
I don't think the Peluso pick up is an injury fill in. Obviously someone (people) on the Jets believe that a fighter is needed on this team. I tend to disagree, think that this role is dinosauric and not needed.

exactly

Thorburn
Machacek
Stuart
Slater
Ladd
Kane
Jokinen!
can all hold there own in a fight (probably in reverse order of how often) and can play more than 6mins a game... eff

cheswick 01-16-2013 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jet (Post 57676679)
I don't think the Peluso pick up is an injury fill in. Obviously someone (people) on the Jets believe that a fighter is needed on this team. I tend to disagree, think that this role is dinosauric and not needed.

Brian Burke, king of tenacity etc, put Colton Orr in the minors last season because he said the role was dead. This is really curious.

I guess the Jets want a true 4th line this year? Last season they kinda had a weird two 3rd lines or (two 4th lines maybe) kind of vibe.

devin1487 01-16-2013 12:50 PM

My guess is they consider him an upgrade over Max who was skating on that line...a zero risk move... I trust their ability to find players


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:08 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.