HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Oilers Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324763)

oilersfan11 01-16-2013 12:09 PM

Oilers Leafs
 
To Oilers
Carl Gunnarsson
Nikolai Kulemin





To Leafs
Nick Schultz
2013 2nd round pick
Ales Hemsky

RomanianLeafs 01-16-2013 12:12 PM

hahahaha....no byeee

GordieHoweHatTrick 01-16-2013 12:12 PM

Ales Hemsky doesn't have much value atm. He needs to prove he can stay healthy, until then he's just baggage you're trying to dump on teams. Don't get me wrong, he's a great player when healthy but until then...

I like Nick Schultz. Wouldn't make this trade though

Inverted 01-16-2013 12:14 PM

Leafs pass.

roboninja 01-16-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 57677997)
To Oilers
Carl Gunnarsson
Nikolai Kulemin





To Leafs
Nick Schultz
2013 2nd round pick
Ales Hemsky

I'd do it, but I doubt Leaf fans will. Gunnarsson is held up as their only reliable defensive D. Plus I'm sure they hope Kulemin rebounds from last year to look more like that 30-goal guy from a couple of years ago.

As current values stand, it's probably pretty close though.

The Podium 01-16-2013 12:15 PM

Leafs pass easily....

FireEverybody* 01-16-2013 12:16 PM

Adds nothing while getting rid of two of the players our coach is going to rely on.

Don't think the value is absolutely terrible, just does not make sense.

dubplatepressure 01-16-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Podium (Post 57678309)
Leafs pass easily....

I'm not so sure. I'm not married to either Gunnar or Kulemin, and if Hemsky can stay healthy for 3/4 of a season he's an upgrade offensively over Kulemin. Defensively, Schultz is tougher than Gunnar but not as offensively inclined.

If Edmonton flops that pick could be in the top-45 in a deep draft, which could help us.

I'm on the fence, but objectively I don't think it's a bad offer.

jumptheshark 01-16-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RomanianLeafs (Post 57678113)
hahahaha....no byeee

as an oiler fan that leaves me scratching my head as well

leafs do not do it

The Podium 01-16-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dubplatepressure (Post 57678441)
I'm not so sure. I'm not married to either Gunnar or Kulemin, and if Hemsky can stay healthy for 3/4 of a season he's an upgrade offensively over Kulemin. Defensively, Schultz is tougher than Gunnar but not as offensively inclined.

If Edmonton flops that pick could be in the top-45 in a deep draft, which could help us.

I'm on the fence, but objectively I don't think it's a bad offer.

Carlyle prefers defensive forwards for his system, so Kulemin will bring a lot more at 30 points than Hemsky can at 50.

Defensively Gunnarsson is much better.

Gunnarsson had a higher

Corsi Rel QoC
Corsi QoC
Corsi Rel

Both Gunnarsson and Schultz had the lowest Offensive zone starts and GaOn/60 in relation to their respective teams.

Blocked Shots: Schultz 165, Gunnarsson 152

Hennig 01-16-2013 12:46 PM

I wouldn't do Gunnarsson alone for that package.

The Saurus 01-16-2013 12:46 PM

OP. :facepalm:

Easy no.

DousedInOil 01-16-2013 12:49 PM

Both oilers and leafs pass.

The Saurus 01-16-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DousedInOil (Post 57680157)
Both oilers and leafs pass.

I'd love to hear your reasoning on why the Oilers pass on this deal. :laugh:

TheSilencer 01-16-2013 12:53 PM

A very easy NO from the leafs.

IBLEAF 01-16-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oilersfan11 (Post 57677997)
To Oilers
Carl Gunnarsson
Nikolai Kulemin





To Leafs
Nick Schultz
2013 2nd round pick
Ales Hemsky

And the majority of hf boards say leafs fans are delusional:shakehead

DousedInOil 01-16-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 57680199)
I'd love to hear your reasoning on why the Oilers pass on this deal. :laugh:

They just named Schultz and alternate captain and Hemsky no longer has to focus on being a leader on the team. Rather, he can just focus on putting up points on a line with Yakupov. His natural playmaking ability would probably gel better with Yakupov then Kulemin's game regardless of nationality. He could also be more of a mentor. Schultz on the other hand would probably be a better mentor to Justin then Gunnar. Not only that but they add a 2nd round pick in a draft year that could have some sick players in the later stages. Not saying the value isn't their but it doesnt make a whole lot of sense from a lockerroom perspective. I dont think any of these players strive in the other market. The Oilers need more defensive defencemen (Schultz not Gunnar) and more of a playmaker on the wing and not a goal scorer (Kulemin).

Hero 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

Edmonton takes this and runs.

The Saurus 01-16-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DousedInOil (Post 57680607)
They just named Schultz and alternate captain and Hemsky no longer has to focus on being a leader on the team. Rather, he can just focus on putting up points on a line with Yakupov. His natural playmaking ability would probably gel better with Yakupov then Kulemin's game regardless of nationality. He could also be more of a mentor. Schultz on the other hand would probably be a better mentor to Justin then Gunnar. Not only that but they add a 2nd round pick in a draft year that could have some sick players in the later stages. Not saying the value isn't their but it doesnt make a whole lot of sense from a lockerroom perspective.

Mike Komisarek has an A with the Leafs. Does that mean the Leafs wouldn't trade him if they were blown away with an amazing offer, such as the one in the OP?

WeridAl 01-16-2013 01:01 PM

Easy no for Edmonton, because it doesn't bring anything they need.

Nikolai Kulemin is a question, because he took a giant step backward last season and you don't know if his one 30G season was a fluke. Yes I know he's did well in the KHL, but he's always done well there, and the KHL is not the NHL. TO fans have flamed MPS for his one bad year, the same questions they asked about MPS can be asked about Kulemin.

IMO Carl Gunnarsson is a solid 2nd pairing D, but he's not a top pair D. N.Schultz is as good as Gunnarsson and Schultz is way better at the PK, he's also a great leader. The Oilers need Schultz to school J.Schultz and for his his superior D play.

DousedInOil 01-16-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Saurus (Post 57680685)
Mike Komisarek has an A with the Leafs. Does that mean the Leafs wouldn't trade him if they were blown away with an amazing offer, such as the one in the OP?

The same Komisarek that might get bought out? We traded for Schultz and are sticking with him. Oilers management is very loyal to their players. I don't see why we trade what we need in order to gain value?

7even 01-16-2013 01:04 PM

I don't like it, just because we're dealing from an area of weakness (defensive players) to address a position of strength (speedy offensive wingers.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hennig (Post 57679937)
I wouldn't do Gunnarsson alone for that package.

Let's not get crazy.

stakesishigh 01-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilencer (Post 57680399)
A very easy NO from the leafs.

Yup, this does nothing at all for us.

CupofOil 01-16-2013 01:05 PM

What's this NOT EVEN CLOSE stuff that Leafs fans are going on about?
I would do this trade as an Oiler fan and i can see why the Leafs wouldn't do it but i fail to see how the value is so lopsided.

Gunnarson is only playing on the top pairing with Phaneuf because the Leafs don't have any better options. He is ideally a solid, stay at home 2nd pairing guy which is what Nick Schultz is. Gunnarson is better but not by much and even that's questionable.

As far as value is concerned, i see Kulemin perhaps having slightly more value due to his durability and better 2 way game but Hemsky is superior offensively when he's at the top of his game, last year was an aberration for him.

Again, i would do this deal for the Oilers and i highly doubt that the Leafs do the deal but it's not a slam dunk in favor of the Oilers by any means.

MeestaDeteta 01-16-2013 01:06 PM

Wow, no way.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:02 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.