HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Waived: Sutter and Nodl sent to Charlotte. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324867)

Lethargic 01-16-2013 02:04 PM

Sutter and Nodl sent to Charlotte.
 
http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=650649


In an effort to whittle their roster down to the maximum of 23 players, the Carolina Hurricanes placed forwards Brett Sutter and Andreas Nodl on waivers Wednesday morning.

Michael Smith
Follow on Twitter
The other 29 teams in the NHL will now have a chance to claim the pair of forwards until noon on Thursday.

According to President and General Manager Jim Rutherford, Sutter, requires waivers in order to be assigned to Charlotte, the desired destination for the 25-year-old.

Nodl, who was claimed by the Canes off waivers from Philadelphia on Nov. 29, 2011, is in a different situation, according to Rutherford.

“I think there’s a possibility he’ll get claimed,” Rutherford said of Nodl, who is in the final year of his one-way contract. “He’s a very useful player. He plays a good role. If he doesn’t get claimed, I’ve been contacted by teams as far as possibly having to trade out a contract that makes sense for both teams. So, we’ll go through those steps first. If those things don’t happen, he would report to Charlotte.”

wallym 01-16-2013 02:10 PM

Toronto waived Keith Aucoin.

Nodl for Aucoin straight up. Finally get that 4th line grit the team needs?

Guy 01-16-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallym (Post 57684797)
Toronto waived Keith Aucoin.

Nodl for Aucoin straight up. Finally get that 4th line grit the team needs?

I think there were some quotes from the Toronto folk when he signed that he was being brought in to basically kick ass for the Marlies. I doubt they're looking to get rid of him, but I'd take it.

Hayley from paramore 01-16-2013 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wallym (Post 57684797)
Toronto waived Keith Aucoin.

Nodl for Aucoin straight up. Finally get that 4th line grit the team needs?

Having just come from the 'Canes FB page, I can't tell if this post is sarcastic

Lethargic 01-16-2013 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu (Post 57685661)
Having just come from the 'Canes FB page, I can't tell if this post is sarcastic

Aucoin want a return a Cane?

bleedgreen 01-16-2013 03:43 PM

hed be perfect to help out charlotte. not that im taking this seriously.

Lethargic 01-16-2013 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleedgreen (Post 57690721)
hed be perfect to help out charlotte. not that im taking this seriously.

Tim Wallace will be one the biggest missing spots to the Checkers.

He brought a huge presence to the ice with the way he plays.

FlyingSquirrels 01-16-2013 03:52 PM

I really hope this means we will see some serious looks thrown at Boychuk, Dalpe and Bowman. It's about time we figure out if these guys can make an impact or not. If not, waive 'em and move on.

But now I look at our forward prospect ranks and realize the cupboard is now quite bare. Rask....uh...DiGuiseppe....maybe Nash??...Welsh??....Ugh..

Boom Boom Aho 01-16-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrels (Post 57691255)
But now I look at our forward prospect ranks and realize the cupboard is now quite bare. Rask....uh...DiGuiseppe....maybe Nash??...Welsh??....Ugh..

True, but If Bowman, Dalpe and/or Boychuk finally work out, then I'm not as worried about the pipepline as it is a young forward group and there is time to re-stock the cupboard.

Bowman: 23
Boychuk: 23
Dalpe: 23
Tlusty: 24
J. Staal: 24
Skinner: 20

Heck, Eric Staal and Semin are only 28 themselves. If most of this group stays together, there's a good 5 years at least in them.

Moosetache 01-16-2013 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 57691985)
True, but If Bowman, Dalpe and/or Boychuk finally work out, then I'm not as worried about the pipepline as it is a young forward group and there is time to re-stock the cupboard.

Bowman: 23
Boychuk: 23
Dalpe: 23
Tlusty: 24
J. Staal: 24
Skinner: 20

Heck, Eric Staal and Semin are only 28 themselves. If most of this group stays together, there's a good 5 years at least in them.

Amazingly, Larose is the old man these days.

Boom Boom Aho 01-16-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moosetache (Post 57693727)
Amazingly, Larose is the old man these days.

Yep, LaRose and Harrison at 30 Yrs. old and Ellis at 32 and Corvo at 35 are the only players 30 or over...although a few of them will hit that mark this season (Gleason,
Jussi and Ruutu).

tarheelhockey 01-16-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit Semin (Post 57684399)

“I think there’s a possibility he’ll get claimed,” Rutherford said of Nodl, who is in the final year of his one-way contract. “He’s a very useful player. He plays a good role. If he doesn’t get claimed, I’ve been contacted by teams as far as possibly having to trade out a contract that makes sense for both teams. So, we’ll go through those steps first. If those things don’t happen, he would report to Charlotte.”

1) Waive player
2) Attempt to trade player

You're doing it wrong, JR.

LadyCane 01-16-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingSquirrels (Post 57691255)
I really hope this means we will see some serious looks thrown at Boychuk, Dalpe and Bowman. It's about time we figure out if these guys can make an impact or not. If not, waive 'em and move on.

But now I look at our forward prospect ranks and realize the cupboard is now quite bare. Rask....uh...DiGuiseppe....maybe Nash??...Welsh??....Ugh..

I had a serious moment of "...um...this is just weird" when my school played Michigan back in the fall. I saw DiGuiseppe's jersey and was like HEY I KNOW THAT NAME YAY IT'S A CANES PROSPECT...and he's playing for Big Blue and we HATE Big Blue. DAMN IT.

Zombie Mike Murphy 01-16-2013 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 57702023)
1) Waive player
2) Attempt to trade player

You're doing it wrong, JR.

I'm guessing any trades for other AHL/NHL tweeners would be contingent on waivers being cleared first.

tarheelhockey 01-16-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troll Ward (Post 57714017)
I'm guessing any trades for other AHL/NHL tweeners would be contingent on waivers being cleared first.

Why would they trade for a player who just cleared waivers?

Hayley from paramore 01-16-2013 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tarheelhockey (Post 57716103)
Why would they trade for a player who just cleared waivers?

Because they want the player but are already at 50 contracts, or they want to swap salary.

Like when we traded Melichar/Brookbank for Jokinen right after he cleared waivers.

bilpeto 01-16-2013 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summer Ruutu (Post 57716333)
Because they want the player but are already at 50 contracts, or they want to swap salary.

Like when we traded Melichar/Brookbank for Jokinen right after he cleared waivers.

I still can't believe that trade. An elite defensive presence and a gritty veteran for a soft, lazy Euro? What were you thinking, JR? :laugh:

GoCanes2013 01-17-2013 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 57694983)
Yep, LaRose and Harrison at 30 Yrs. old and Ellis at 32 and Corvo at 35 are the only players 30 or over...although a few of them will hit that mark this season (Gleason,
Jussi and Ruutu).

Didn't realize how young we really are - one of the youngest in the league perhaps? Could be really REALLY good long term if the new guys work out. Kind of cool.

Boom Boom Aho 01-17-2013 11:08 AM

Per Chip, everyone from yesterday have cleared.

Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Chris Terry, Justin Peters, Andreas Nodl, Brett Sutter.

Also, Islanders claim Aucoin

tarheelhockey 01-17-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCanes2013 (Post 57723581)
Didn't realize how young we really are - one of the youngest in the league perhaps? Could be really REALLY good long term if the new guys work out. Kind of cool.

This is what it feels like to be on the other side of a rebuild.

Joe McGrath 01-17-2013 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boom Boom Anton (Post 57731101)
Per Chip, everyone from yesterday have cleared.

Brett Bellemore, Nicolas Blanchard, Marc-Andre Gragnani, Justin Krueger, Jerome Samson, Chris Terry, Justin Peters, Andreas Nodl, Brett Sutter.

Also, Islanders claim Aucoin

I can see the Isles trying to turn Aucoin into an older version of Parenteau.

totaltank 01-17-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Misfit Semin (Post 57690845)
Tim Wallace will be one the biggest missing spots to the Checkers.

He brought a huge presence to the ice with the way he plays.

Hearing he will be headed back to CLT sooner than later.

Mr America 01-17-2013 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by totalkev (Post 57738191)
Hearing he will be headed back to CLT sooner than later.

Maybe because he was waived awhile ago to be sent back?

Lethargic 01-17-2013 04:34 PM

Nodl Jersey Number to be 33

Anton Dubinchuk 01-17-2013 04:42 PM

Blasphemy.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.