HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Polls - (hockey-related only) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=72)
-   -   Senators vs Maple leafs(Honest discussion) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1324969)

OMadahey 01-16-2013 03:07 PM

Senators vs Maple leafs(Honest discussion)

Which team do you think will be better this season and better for the next 3-4 years.

Honest comparisons. Give evidence to which team you pick and support it.

Mod can you add a poll.

Mit Yarrum 01-16-2013 03:12 PM

Senators. Literally every single thing about their team is better, from their current players to their prospects. Forwards, defense and goaltending.

And I dislike them both.

Deku Scrub 01-16-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gregor (Post 57688843)
Senators. Literally every single thing about their team is better, from their current players to their prospects. Forwards, defense and goaltending.

This. And not just because I'm a Sens fan.

danishh 01-16-2013 03:22 PM

moved to polls, added poll.

Hurt 01-16-2013 03:23 PM

Sens unless the Leafs can get it together.

The Note 01-16-2013 03:26 PM

Being pretty indifferent to both of them, I'd say it's Sens right now and for the foreseeable future. Like the poster above said, it looks like the Sens have better everything all around.

SenzZen 01-16-2013 03:28 PM

Can we get "(Honest Discussion)" as a new thread prefix?

Or, if you like, suffix?

Le Magnifique 66 01-16-2013 03:31 PM

Senators now and future

HockeyGuruPitka 01-16-2013 03:33 PM

SENS.

However as KG says "ANYTHING IS POSSSIIIBLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEE"......

Leaf Rocket 01-16-2013 03:34 PM

Hate admitting it but its the sens, they have a center in spezza, and a goalie future in lehner and in anderson. Along with now a supercharged Karlsson.

Unless the leaf's prospects get it together to where they are touting it's the sens.

MrFunnyWobbl 01-16-2013 03:37 PM

Leafs now, sens later

Atomos2 01-16-2013 03:41 PM

Sens now and later. Don't get a big head sens fans. There's just not a lot of optimism in leaf nation.

topchowda 01-16-2013 03:42 PM

Sens now and later.

#1C in Spezza, #1d in Karlsson Lehner best goaltending prospect.

Even prospect pools imo

Neil Patrick Harris 01-16-2013 03:43 PM

I'll go with Sens now and later.

That being said, I hope the Leafs can get everything together. A rivalry is better when both teams are at their best and it's been a while since we've had that IMO.

Hurt 01-16-2013 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl (Post 57690363)
Leafs now, sens later

How can it be Leafs now? We haven't made the playoffs in 8 years while the Sens have, multiple times.

SenateReform 01-16-2013 03:47 PM

I think both teams are hard to predict for this upcoming season. Sens took a big hit losing Cowen to injury and Kuba to UFA.

If the Leafs put it together they may be able to squeak into the playoffs this season.

It's a toss up for now, but the Sens future is looking a lot brighter.

topshelf15 01-16-2013 04:15 PM

I think BB firing, is just the beginning i can see a whole sale change in management .Also we will probably see the scouting dept trashed as well ,they have all underpreformed relitive to the money the leafs have spent on them.I think they will get it together and be good in a few years but they need some time

SirPaste 01-16-2013 04:21 PM

Went Sens now and later, they got some great young players and more on the way.

Kezia 01-16-2013 05:00 PM

If Rielly is the real deal than its a bit closer? Toronto still lacks all 3 of the most important positions. #1 C, #1 D, #1 G.

PoutineSp00nZ 01-16-2013 05:03 PM

It's tough to give the Leafs the nod in any category, although I think the present isn't that far apart. Both teams have major question marks and holes, although the Leaf's goaltending may sink them before the season even starts.

Ottawa has some solid pieces moving forward, but the holes on defense may derail the season early if a couple of rookies can't step in and contribute in a big way.

Atomos2 01-16-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 57694521)
If Rielly is the real deal than its a bit closer? Toronto still lacks all 3 of the most important positions. #1 C, #1 D, #1 G.

The Leaf captain and NHL all star is wondering if you are talking about him.

derriko 01-16-2013 05:28 PM

As a Sen fan, I wouldnt be surprised if its the Leafs and us battling for the 7th-8th seed near the end of the season. With that said, one team has a top 3 prospect pool, and the other one does not. Sens in the future.

Kezia 01-16-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomos2 (Post 57695323)
The Leaf captain and NHL all star is wondering if you are talking about him.

Being a #1 dman on a bad team doesn't make him an actual #1. Thats like saying Jack Johnson is a #1 dman. I see Phaneuf as a really good #2.

Atomos2 01-16-2013 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benny FTW (Post 57695755)
Being a #1 dman on a bad team doesn't make him an actual #1. Thats like saying Jack Johnson is a #1 dman. I see Phaneuf as a really good #2.

I think that has more to do with goaltending and a poor defensive structure. Phaneuf is really good at matching up against high calibre players. He has the ability to get under their skin which was shown last year when he frustrated Stamkos so much Stamkos actually started a fight with him. He's also done it with Malkin and Ovechkin.

Plus his offensive numbers are good for a number one Dman. There's a lot of factors that describes a player and characterizing a player completely based on the team he plays for can't be seen as an accurate description.

Kezia 01-16-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atomos2 (Post 57696129)
I think that has more to do with goaltending and a poor defensive structure. Phaneuf is really good at matching up against high calibre players. He has the ability to get under their skin which was shown last year when he frustrated Stamkos so much Stamkos actually started a fight with him. He's also done it with Malkin and Ovechkin.

Plus his offensive numbers are good for a number one Dman. There's a lot of factors that describes a player and characterizing a player completely based on the team he plays for can't be seen as an accurate description.

Phaneuf is physical but hes average defensively. Im sure his physicalness annoys them but i bet they love playing against him.

My reasoning for him not being a #1 has nothing to do with what team he plays for. I was just saying he gets #1 minutes not because he deserves it but because they have no one else.