HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #12 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325107)

Beacon 01-16-2013 06:09 PM

Rangers Prospect Poll: #12
 
After days upon days of voting, Michael St. Croix beat Cristoval Nieves by a single vote in the tie-breaker round. This vote was cast with literally minutes to go. It's not fair to make one a second-tier prospect and the other a project, they deserve to be in the same category. Therefore, our second-tier will go to #11.

Cam Talbot and Peter Ceresnak added to the next poll because they were the two with the most votes.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei


SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves


Michael St. Croix
Center
Born Apr 10 1993 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 5.11 -- Weight 180 -- Shoots R

2011-12 Edmonton Oil Kings WHL 72 45 60 105
2012-13 Edmonton Oil Kings WHL 44 21 28 49


Cristoval Nieves
Forward
Born Jan 23 1994 -- Baldwinsville, NY
Height 6.02 -- Weight 185

2011-12 Indiana Ice USHL 13 2 8 10 2
2012-13 U. of Michigan CCHA 22 3 11 14 8

Beacon 01-16-2013 06:12 PM

This one is easy: Kyle Jean. He's a top-6 player with size and good skating ability in the AHL. I like him, could become another Anisimov.

Add McColgan because he's getting over a point per game this season for the first time.

E-Train 01-16-2013 06:15 PM

Noreau. Add McColgan

UAGoalieGuy 01-16-2013 06:17 PM

Went with Fogarty. I think he has a lot of potential to be a good 3rd liner in a few years.

Add McColgan

Zil 01-16-2013 06:29 PM

Went with potential and voted Andersson. Add Spelling.

HatTrick Swayze 01-16-2013 06:29 PM

Jean, add Spelling.

Rangers Fail 01-16-2013 06:32 PM

Went with Jean. Add McColgan.

silverfish 01-16-2013 06:34 PM

Jean. Add McColgan.

BrooklynRangersFan 01-16-2013 06:40 PM

Jean. Add Spelling.

Kreider Typical 01-16-2013 06:51 PM

voted jean.

mrjimmyg89 01-16-2013 07:20 PM

Add McColgan. PPG player in CHL.

nyr2k2 01-16-2013 08:26 PM

Jean, add Spelling.

M Gaz 01-16-2013 08:29 PM

Add McColgan

darko 01-16-2013 08:30 PM

Jean, add McColgan

darko 01-16-2013 08:32 PM

Also why are we deciding tiers as per numbers. 6-10 doesnt neccesarily have to be 2nd tier. IMO Fast belongs in the same tier as Brady Skjei.

Beacon 01-16-2013 11:29 PM

I'm surprised Yoggi isn't getting any votes at this stage. He's not a great prospect and I always felt he was overrated when we kept ranking him in the top-10 as recently as this summer when he came in at #9, but the guys we are voting to place in the poll are going to be at the bottom of our top-20, and he surely should be there. I say he has a better shot at an NHL career than Ceresnak, and a similar shot to Foggy.

Joey Bones 01-17-2013 12:01 AM

Tough between Talbot and Jean, but went Talbot because he is doing sooo well with this horrendous defense in CT. Add McColgan.

Joey Bones 01-17-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 57716213)
I'm surprised Yoggi isn't getting any votes at this stage. He's not a great prospect and I always felt he was overrated when we kept ranking him in the top-10 as recently as this summer when he came in at #9, but the guys we are voting to place in the poll are going to be at the bottom of our top-20, and he surely should be there. I say he has a better shot at an NHL career than Ceresnak, and a similar shot to Foggy.

Does Ceresnak legitimately have a chance at getting a ELC? :shakehead

Lerb 01-17-2013 12:10 AM

Jean. Smart guy.

Beacon 01-17-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joey Bones (Post 57717361)
Does Ceresnak legitimately have a chance at getting a ELC? :shakehead


Even if he does, he'll likely start in the ECHL next season, whereas Yoggi is an AHLer. He was sent down to the ECHL because he couldn't handle the super-charged AHL that had some NHLers and a lot of borderliner NHLers who would normally go back and forth. But as soon as the lockout was over, he was called back up. Yoggi is a more legitimate prospect than Ceresnak.

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/..._bear-5310.jpg

BBKers 01-17-2013 02:16 AM

Add Mashinter :naughty:

eco's bones 01-17-2013 02:30 AM

Jean. Yogan.

bernmeister 01-17-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 57697701)
After days upon days of voting, Michael St. Croix beat Cristoval Nieves by a single vote in the tie-breaker round. This vote was cast with literally minutes to go. It's not fair to make one a second-tier prospect and the other a project, they deserve to be in the same category. Therefore, our second-tier will go to #11.

Cam Talbot and Peter Ceresnak added to the next poll because they were the two with the most votes.

Please write who you want added to the poll, and give a reason for it. This makes the discussion here more lively.


TOP PROSPECTS

1. LW Chris Kreider
2. LW Carl Hagelin
3. C J.T. Miller
4. D Dylan McIlrath
5. D Brady Skjei


SECOND TIER

6. RW Jesper Fast
7. C Oscar Lindberg
8. LW Marek Hrivik
9. RW Christian Thomas
10. C Michael St. Croix
11. C Cristoval Nieves


Michael St. Croix
Center
Born Apr 10 1993 -- Winnipeg, MAN
Height 5.11 -- Weight 180 -- Shoots R

2011-12 Edmonton Oil Kings WHL 72 45 60 105
2012-13 Edmonton Oil Kings WHL 44 21 28 49


Cristoval Nieves
Forward
Born Jan 23 1994 -- Baldwinsville, NY
Height 6.02 -- Weight 185

2011-12 Indiana Ice USHL 13 2 8 10 2
2012-13 U. of Michigan CCHA 22 3 11 14 8

Judicious decision.
IMO we are still closer to prospects than projects, though with the next pick we are going from a second tier to a third tier.
A few more and we get into project territory.

bernmeister 01-17-2013 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beacon (Post 57697897)
This one is easy: Kyle Jean. He's a top-6 player with size and good skating ability in the AHL. I like him, could become another Anisimov.

Add McColgan because he's getting over a point per game this season for the first time.

hope you're right about another AA

Jean add McColgan

BrooklynRangersFan 01-17-2013 05:29 AM

Crap. Great Point about Yogan, Beacon. Can't believe I forgot him - and I've been one if his biggest advocates sin e he was drafted. Change my add from Spelling to Yogan.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.