HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Montreal and Minnesota (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325113)

I3ig13ig 01-16-2013 06:15 PM

Montreal and Minnesota

:habs

P.K. Subban (on basis that a deal would be ready to sign with the Wild)

:wild

RW Devin Setoguchi
D Matt Dumba
1st Round Pick in 2013

This is just an outside fan thinking outside the box. The Wild need another top 4 dman and would get a top pairing one in Subban. The Habs get a quality top 6 forward, an excellent d prospect who could turn out like Subban and a 1st round selection in a very deep draft this season. I think this would definitely give Minny another huge boost towards going deep in the playoffs. This would help the Habs in the forward department while their talented defensive prospects such as Tinordi, Bealieau, Dumba, and Ellis can begin to step in to try and fill Subban's void.

I think this is a good basis for a deal, although I know the Habs would be reluctant to trade Subban. Probably some different tweaks and what not would help it out as well. What do you think?

AKL 01-16-2013 06:29 PM

I don't think Minnesota does it. They know, or at least should know that this isn't their year. I doubt they trade Dumba (although still 2-3 years away from making an impact), who could very well turn into Subban, AND a first. Not to mention Setoguchi, who they currently don't have a replacement for.

Phion Keneuf 01-16-2013 06:31 PM

I think both sides do it tbh. Good proposal.

Suter-Subban would make a great top pairing, habs get a top D prospect, a 2nd-ish line forward, and a pick that can fall anywhere in the first round. (Not sold on the Wild until I see them play)

sharks9 01-16-2013 06:36 PM

I think I'd do it from a Habs perspective.

rynryn 01-16-2013 06:37 PM

I wouldn't say no to that right away...there are some insane people on the team board who think Zucker is ready to step into Seto's role. I don't think he is, but he could be enough to make it worthwhile. This would absolutely be a "win now" move and a deal would have to be in place for PK. I don't mind giving up the 1st as we have a lot of talent in the pipe but I would hate parting with Dumba.
I think it's a relatively fair proposal.

BigBenSF* 01-16-2013 06:40 PM

Very good proposal.

Rscorpio 01-16-2013 06:42 PM

not bad...

sansabri 01-16-2013 06:42 PM

i wouldn't do it on account that Dumba isn't ready. with Subban gone, our D looks paper thin.

Mifroid 01-16-2013 06:43 PM

Would never do this from a Wild perspective. Dumba and a 1st would be enough.

Dr Jan Itor 01-16-2013 06:44 PM

I wouldn't do it in its original incarnation, but I think it's something that could be worked around.

Stormcrow 01-16-2013 06:48 PM

Pretty good proposal.

Maitz 01-16-2013 07:24 PM

Very good proposal, if I was the habs gm and Minnesota call me for this package I would seriously consider it.

ScoreZeGoals 01-16-2013 07:26 PM

I wouldn't do that from a Wild perspective

ginovegas 01-16-2013 07:35 PM

decent proposal, Maybe habs throw in a 2nd tier prospect like Palushaj/Holland or a 3rd
Only problem is Seto playes the right side and we already have Cole, Gionta and Bourque there
would be a perfect deal if he could play the left side

Domino11 01-16-2013 07:54 PM

As a habs fan I would do it ! It a good deal for the future ... Probably the 1 round will be a late one since Minnesota with that move will go far in the playoff !! I would do it

Very good proposal

jayball75 01-16-2013 07:56 PM

Well at least if it went through seto could practice not falling down on shoot out attempts vs price. Haha

glenbuis 01-16-2013 08:01 PM

I don't think people realize how awesome Minnesota is gonna be this year. Over a quarter of the way through the year last year they were first overall. Injuries made them drop. They are not gonna give you seto, dumba and a first for Subban. Since they wanna keep Seto because of no replacement and the first is not gonna be what you think it will be, modify it a bit. (They are moving up so the pick will be falling 20-30). We could offer Subban and a second for Dumba and Coyle plus we will take a cap dump if they like. We can take a bad contract because by the deadline someone will need Kaberle and Bourque is gonna prove his worth.

Billy Mays Here 01-16-2013 08:03 PM

I think something around this proposal could be worked but I'd rather not give away Seto quite yet, solely for the fact that I don't think Coyle or Zucker if quite ready yet to replace his production. Would be better if we could replace Seto with Clutter and maybe a lesser pick or prospect.

Analyzer 01-16-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan (Post 57704639)
I think something around this proposal could be worked but I'd rather not give away Seto quite yet, solely for the fact that I don't think Coyle or Zucker if quite ready yet to replace his production. Would be better if we could replace Seto with Clutter and maybe a lesser pick or prospect.

So, Clutterbuck, Dumba, 1st round pick + another prospect/pick

Or, Clutterbuck, Dumba and lesser pick/prospect?

Clutterbuck would be huge for the habs. Great energy guy.

JustAHabFan 01-16-2013 08:08 PM

Good proposal. Trade Subban and the Habs will finish low in a deep draft. I think I would do it.

PuckInTheNards 01-16-2013 08:36 PM

Oh hell yeah. Love Subban.

Crimson Skorpion 01-16-2013 08:40 PM

Nice proposal. I think Habs would add a B-prospect to level it out, but otherwise it's a dandy. I think Minnesota would hesitate to offer this but as the Habs GM, it would be hard to say no.

Dampland 01-16-2013 08:45 PM

No interest in Subban ..... Wild don't need an over-rated ego-driven turtling jerk in their locker room.

Rscorpio 01-16-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dampland (Post 57707087)
No interest in Subban ..... Wild don't need an over-rated ego-driven turtling jerk in their locker room.

yeah right... tell that to your gm

rynryn 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

i say this and both Dumba and Zucker looking great in the Wild scrimmage tonight.