HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Hurricanes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   New Jerseys for 2013/14? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325119)

PaulProteus 01-16-2013 07:15 PM

New Jerseys for 2013/14?

I was over in the Habs forum when I stumbled upon a link that tells me this:

Quote:

Reebok indicates new home/roads for Hurricanes

That's right, 16 years after leaving Hartford, the CAROLINA HURRICANES may be getting another uniform overhaul. Or so says Reebok, anyway. The manufacturer is preparing retailers for possible new home and road jerseys. However, the alternate appears to be remaining the same.

There haven't been any rumors about the Hurricanes looking to redesign their sweaters, so it could be that they're just simplifying their designs next season. The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

What do you imagine the Canes could have in store for 2013?
It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 01-16-2013 07:17 PM

Made a new thread for this as it is big enough news if there is any truth to it.

PaulProteus 01-16-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal (Post 57698263)
Made a new thread for this as it is big enough news if there is any truth to it.

Thanks. I debated doing that myself, but felt like it was probably old ground. It seems as though this has been discussed in the past, but I suppose this is something semi-official almost.

normalpsychology 01-16-2013 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulProteus (Post 57698111)

It would figure that after dropping coin on a Jordan Staal sweater at The Eye on Sunday, even at 50% off, this would happen.

Unless they've figured out how to get a giant plastic Rubbermaid tote of meth incorporated into the logo, I could have done without hearing this.

it amazes my mind why anyone would buy retail. but, anyway, your jersey could then be considered vintage or antique that can be seen as a good thing. also consider that jordan staal will probably be here for multiple years. so this would be the only year that a j staal jersey would exist with that logo which would make it rarer than the others. i wouldn't be too upset!!!

normalpsychology 01-16-2013 07:24 PM

and we do desperately need a new logo. anyone know what it will look like? preferably something that doesn't look like a butthole or a giant archery target.

Novacane 01-16-2013 07:57 PM

It better happen. Ready for a change now.

Gotta Catch Em Staal 01-16-2013 07:57 PM

I doubt the logo will change. If this report is true, I think it is probably correct in speculating that it will be a minor redesign.

Stephen Goalbert 01-16-2013 07:59 PM

I just bought a new jersey for 50% off yesterday. **** me.

Novacane 01-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gotta Catch Em Staal (Post 57700579)
I doubt the logo will change. If this report is true, I think it is probably correct in speculating that it will be a minor redesign.

Sure, I'm just ready for a change in general. Doesn't matter what's changed, just that it is changed.

garnetpalmetto 01-16-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecowman (Post 57698669)
it amazes my mind why anyone would buy retail. but, anyway, your jersey could then be considered vintage or antique that can be seen as a good thing. also consider that jordan staal will probably be here for multiple years. so this would be the only year that a j staal jersey would exist with that logo which would make it rarer than the others. i wouldn't be too upset!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecowman (Post 57698709)
and we do desperately need a new logo. anyone know what it will look like? preferably something that doesn't look like a butthole or a giant archery target.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

Quote:

The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

Clark Gillies 01-16-2013 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulProteus (Post 57698111)

Just curious did they take the 50% off the entire cost.
In the past they would honor the season ticket holder discount off the Jersey cost but still charge you full price for the lettering.

normalpsychology 01-16-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 57700879)
The fact that the third jersey isn't changing suggests the colors and logos will be left alone for now.

Thanks for finding that excerpt, I didn't have time to read the article so I just posted the first few things that came to my head. I'm a busy man. Stackin those benjamins

impeach estaalo 01-16-2013 08:34 PM

Welcome back MeleeRay

Gr8Dan 01-16-2013 08:56 PM

Hopefully they get rid of the silver color and the hurricane flags at the bottom of the jersey. The shoulder piping should go too.

AntonFromAppState 01-16-2013 09:24 PM

Get rid of the piping and I'm happy.

DaveG 01-16-2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AntonFromAppState (Post 57705761)
Get rid of the piping and I'm happy.

same here, it's pointless. Possibly switch the logo used for the 3rds onto the home and away as the primary as well, beyond that is overkill

AD Skinner 01-16-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveG (Post 57706193)
same here, it's pointless. Possibly switch the logo used for the 3rds onto the home and away as the primary as well, beyond that is overkill

That might be cool. They could just switch the main logo and shoulder logo. And possibly tweak the flag a little bit- they could put a second square on it to make it an actual hurricane flag, and emphasize the "H" that the squares make.

Yes We Cam 01-16-2013 09:59 PM

Interesting that the article mentions the Hartford francise, and that people are also getting jerseys marked down because the old logo has got to go! This suggests that the organization is clearly taking an idea outta my books and replacing the toilet swirl with the retro Hartford Logo! :handclap: Keep the colors, and silver and flags at the bottom of the jersey please!

garnetpalmetto 01-16-2013 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hooked on Ponics (Post 57707923)
Interesting that the article mentions the Hartford francise, and that people are also getting jerseys marked down because the old logo has got to go! This suggests that the organization is clearly taking an idea outta my books and replacing the toilet swirl with the retro Hartford Logo! :handclap: Keep the colors, and silver and flags at the bottom of the jersey please!

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.

PaulProteus 01-16-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clark Gillies (Post 57701321)
Just curious did they take the 50% off the entire cost.
In the past they would honor the season ticket holder discount off the Jersey cost but still charge you full price for the lettering.

The discount in this situation applied to both.

A friend I went to practice with today wanted to look around the store a bit, so I chatted up the dude who seems to be the guy in charge. Contractually they really can't "discount" sweaters typically, as they have to maintain an obligated MSRP. This is a rather rare situation where they were allowed to do so. As for the lettering, it costs what it costs, so that's why there usually isn't a markdown there, except for now.

bilpeto 01-16-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 57708319)
I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. Let the Whalers stay dead. The only good things about that franchise were moved down here, including the goal horn. Leave the rest of it, up to and including the colors, logos, Pucky the Whale, and Brass Bonanza to the dustbin of hockey history.

I wouldn't call it a dustbin. More of a shrine, mainly because it has Brass Bonanza in it.

PaulProteus 01-16-2013 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 57708319)

Brass Bonanza was played at my wedding.

Yes, my wife grew up a Whalers season ticket holder.

No, this was not optional, and my opinion was not sought.

garnetpalmetto 01-16-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulProteus (Post 57709065)
Brass Bonanza was played at my wedding.

Yes, my wife grew up a Whalers season ticket holder.

No, this was not optional, and my opinion was not sought.

My wife's an attorney. She'll gladly handle a divorce for you pro bono. :nod:

PaulProteus 01-16-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto (Post 57709313)
My wife's an attorney. She'll gladly handle a divorce for you pro bono. :nod:

IIED - Intentional infliction of emotional distress. She might even be able to take this criminal and get punitive damages!

/I keed

Big Daddy Cane 01-16-2013 10:39 PM

I just say leave them as-is. However, if they are actually going to change them up, they need to keep the hurricane warning flag print. That is one of the more unique and cooler looks among all of the uniforms in the NHL.