HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   12'/13' Draft Thread: Something, Something... SETH JONES! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325189)

Epictetus 01-16-2013 07:32 PM

12'/13' Draft Thread: Something, Something... SETH JONES!

Continue; the last thread went well over 1,000.

Mod Warning:
Quote:

I am giving a fair warning and a final one to some posters. There are some posters who are very strong minded with their opinion but in no circumstances does that mean you are to criticize or rub it in others faces. You have a strong opinion go for it, but doesn't mean it's personal and a vendetta to make them change their mind. They are entitled to it no matter how foolish or ridiculous it may sound to you.

If someone says Mackinnon could be picked last overall or 30th overall, then so be it, if you wish to discuss it then ask politely it is upto to them to respond with their opinion, if you disagree, just state i respectfully disagree and move on. DO NOT BELITTLE the poster instead, critique the post not the poster.

If any of these occur again, I am going to ban you from the thread and give you time away from the boards if necessary. Enough is Enough. I am going to add this exact post in the OP, I hope I dont have to repeat it because the mods are very tired of cleaning up the same shtick.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:35 PM

I didn't say he didn't make an impact, and no, ghosting out isn't good, no matter how good you are.

And he was dynamite in the 1st

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:38 PM

Josh Morrissy has been impressive too.

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:44 PM

Zadorov looks better than Nurse out there, bigger and more physical. Monster comrade!

Bailey looking good again, what can I say, I told you this kid was very good.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:44 PM

Tristan Jarry... Wow

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epictetus (Post 57702849)
Continue; the last thread went well over 1,000.

Well done, Seth Jones, appropriate, best player on the ice. No doubt tonight.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 57703543)
Zadorov looks better than Nurse out there, bigger and more physical.

Bailey looking good again, what can I say, I told you this kid was very good.

Sorry, but Zadorov hasn't done ANYTHING but throw a few hits.

Nurse has jumped the rush a couple times, at least one shot on net, fought, and as we speak, Melrose is propping him.

I like Zadorov, and he's playing well, but after Jones, Nurse is the next best D-man on the ice tonight, so says the boys on NHLN, and it's hard to disagree.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:48 PM

Bailey had a great chance at the end of th period. Would've been nice to see him bury it.

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:48 PM

Second Period

Somewhat disappointed in Mackinnon and Drouin this period, after a solid first, very quiet in the 2nd period. If Mackinnon is making a play for #1 overall, he isn't making a strong case for himself.

Zadorov was my player of the second period, physical, big D man. Like him too, too bad we don't have 5 firsts. LOL

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs (Post 57703727)
Sorry, but Zadorov hasn't done ANYTHING but throw a few hits.

Nurse has jumped the rush a couple times, at least one shot on net, fought, and as we speak, Melrose is propping him.

I like Zadorov, and he's playing well, but after Jones, Nurse is the next best D-man on the ice tonight, so says the boys on NHLN, and it's hard to disagree.

And Nurse got away with a penalty too. He's playing ok, but nothing that stands out. Almost Dumba like recklessness.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:51 PM

EJ Hradek on this game: "this won't raise or kill the stock of any of the top 3 North American kids".

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs (Post 57704023)
EJ Hradek on this game: "this won't raise or kill the stock of any of the top 3 North American kids".

Yeah, it's hard to improve on #1.

Ie. Jones.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 57703971)
And Nurse got away with a penalty too. He's playing ok, but nothing that stands out. Almost Dumba like recklessness.

Hey, he got away with it, right?

Either way, he's not on Jones' level, but in terms of D-men, he's in the next tier with Ristolainen and Pulock, pushing for top-10 spots.

King Mapes 01-16-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 57703821)
Second Period

Somewhat disappointed in Mackinnon and Drouin this period, after a solid first, very quiet in the 2nd period. If Mackinnon is making a play for #1 overall, he isn't making a strong case for himself.

Zadorov was my player of the second period, physical, big D man. Like him too, too bad we don't have 5 firsts. LOL

You realize Jones was quiet this period too right? If he wants first, needs to play better

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:55 PM

Lol. Melrose keeps bringing up Rychel... The kid is country strong, rag-dollin' that Whaler.

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:56 PM

I hope Mackinnon plays his best period in the 3rd, this is a big showcase game and he wants to go #1, if he doesn't pick it up or do something special, I wonder, is this kid really as good as Jones.

I can excuse the Worlds, but a bad habit of not rising to a high profile game against your peers is concerning, especially if he is one player we may draft.

Jones is smoking him this showcase game. And I love a kid that raises his game in a gold medal game and in a nationally televised high profile event.

theIceWookie 01-16-2013 07:57 PM

Two of my CHL favorites playing very well in this draft: Dauphin and Horvat

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:58 PM

Duclair was everywhere that period. Beauty assist, great skating and vision.

It's guys like that who improve their stock. Mid-round picks.

Still want to see Mantha control the puck more, and use his size like he does with Val D'or

Badger Mayhew* 01-16-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 57704263)
I hope Mackinnon plays his best period in the 3rd, this is a big showcase game and he wants to go #1, if he doesn't pick it up or do something special, I wonder, is this kid really as good as Jones.

I can excuse the Worlds, but a bad habit of not rising to a high profile game against your peers is concerning, especially if he is one player we may draft.

Jones is smoking him this showcase game. And I love a kid that raises his game in a gold medal game and in a nationally televised high profile event.

Since you want us to draft another D-man so bad, what are we going to do about that gaping hole at #1C?

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mapes (Post 57704175)
You realize Jones was quiet this period too right? If he wants first, needs to play better

That depends what you are looking for, the game is in hand it's 3-0 for Team Orr, he played to the score. Isn't that what the critics want?

Some people will pick on anything, bet you are one of those people. Bet if he were doing end to end rushes with a 3-0 lead you would say he was selfish.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheFinnishKulemin (Post 57704317)
Two of my CHL favorites playing very well in this draft: Dauphin and Horvat

Totally agree on Dauphin, though I would still trade him out for a better look at Shinkaruk.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Interactif (Post 57704401)
That depends what you are looking for, the game is in hand it's 3-0 for Team Orr, he played to the score. Isn't that what the critics want?

Some people will pick on anything, bet you are one of those people. Bet if he were doing end to end rushes with a 3-0 lead you would say he was selfish.

I think he was looking for the dominant player play that way for 60 minutes.

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Badger Mayhew (Post 57704367)
Since you want us to draft another D-man so bad, what are we going to do about that gaping hole at #1C?

That's an interesting conclusion, where did I say this. I want BPA, and Jones is the BPA at this time. If the water boy was the BPA, I would draft a water boy. It's you Center obsessed tunnel vision types that want to draft a Center so badly that you can't recognize the best player in the draft.

ErnieLeafs 01-16-2013 08:02 PM

If life was NHL 13, Barkov/Jones/Risto/Erne and Duclair would be in blue and white.

Damn you, reality!!

The Mentalist 01-16-2013 08:03 PM

Nurse almost gave the puck away to start off the period.