HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Florida Panthers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Your 2013 5 in (edit:40) thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325199)

adam graves 01-16-2013 08:39 PM

Your 2013 5 in (edit:40) thread
 
Youll recall we had the ever popular 6 points in 5 game thread last year. The basis of it was in the 94 ranger season where Messier (and the coach at that time who will remain nameless ;-) ) broke the season up into 5 manageable game so as to not look too far or be too high or low per game. If they achieved the 6 points they got off from practice the next day or when feasable.

Here is the lst half of the shortened season in 4 game sets since its a short 48 game season. Im predicting 56 points will do it, IMHO. Therefore 5 in 4 average will make it happen!!! Ill keep it updated as always.

This thread / lounge is so that we dont get too high with each win or panic with one or two losses. feel free to chat here if the post gdt get too emotional :-)

And don't get down if we do a 4 in 4, there is room for a few of those in the 5 in 4.


1st) W canes 1/21 @Sens 1/22 @Habs 1/24 Sens
2nd) 1/26 Flyers 1/29 @Bolts 1/31 Jets 2/3 @buff
3rd) 2/5 @Jets 2/7@Flyers 2/9 @Caps 2/12 Caps
4th) 2/14 habs 2/16 bolts 2/18 Leafs 2/21@Flyers
5th) 2/22@Pens 2/24 Bruins 2/26 Pens 2/28 Sabres
6th) 3/2 @canes 3/3 canes 3/5 Jets 3/7 @caps

lst four...might be one of the easier 5 in 4s. Lets do it!!!!

thoughts, analysis welcome!!!

Ps ATF, anytime you want to come in and make this pretty go for it!

angry_treefrog 01-16-2013 09:43 PM

SET ****************** ********* ********* SET POINTS TOTAL POINTS VS GOAL DIVISION CONFERENCE PACE
1st 4 CAR (W 5-1) @ OTT (L 4-0) @ MON (L 4-1) OTT (L 3-1) 2 2 -3 4 14 24
2nd 4 PHI (L 7-1) @ TB (L 5-2) WIN (W 6-2) @ BUF (W 4-3) 4 6 -4 4 13 36
3rd 4 @ WIN (OTL 3-2) @ PHI (SOW 3-2) @ WAS (L 5-0) WAS 3 9 -4.75 4 14 39
4th 4 MON TB TOR @ PHI x x EVENxxx
5th 4 @ PIT BOS PIT BUF x x EVENxxx
6th 4 @ CAR CAR WIN @ WAS x x EVENxxx

adam graves 01-16-2013 09:45 PM

awesome ATF ...udaman!!!!

Holy Jokinen 01-16-2013 09:56 PM

Great to see this thread back again. Both of you guys are on top of this stuff... let's hope the team can be on top of the conference too.

gizmo12688 01-16-2013 10:24 PM

Great stuff. Glad to see this back.

PanthersHockey1 01-16-2013 10:30 PM

I'm honestly quite surprised although no one has blatantly stated it I can surmise from multiple people here that expectations for this shortened season are quite high! In the scheme of things I think its very difficult to expect greatness from a squad that is in the biggest transition year of what could be the next decade of greatness.

Currently, outsiders looking at our team would see patchwork throughout the lineup one need not look beyond our goaltending tandem and defense currently missing gudbranson, kulikov, and possibly now weaver its hard to see where high expectations are coming from.

That being said I think we will be competitive in mostly every game and possibly right up until the end. This team with Dineen at the helm does have a knack for turning more than a few heads.

I would be lying If i told you all that my sights are on a shortened season with an injury plagued lineup out of the gate. Rather, my eyes are certainly set on several months down the road. No one here needs reminding that next year's lineup will likely feature names including bjugstad, howden, petrovic, shore, and markstrom- its enough to make any casual fan salivate. I hope we can get another good draft pick this year and begin our true rise to greatness starting this summer.

I'm still going to sit back and enjoy every game as I always do knowing the glory days are fast on the horizon.

JPG 01-17-2013 12:10 AM

Something interesting this season is that any particular team with a goalie that goes on a hot streak will have a great chance of making the playoffs. I have a feeling we might see one or two teams that typically don't make it go in this year. Slumps and hot streaks will define this season.

adam graves 01-17-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 57709825)
I'm honestly quite surprised although no one has blatantly stated it I can surmise from multiple people here that expectations for this shortened season are quite high! In the scheme of things I think its very difficult to expect greatness from a squad that is in the biggest transition year of what could be the next decade of greatness.

Currently, outsiders looking at our team would see patchwork throughout the lineup one need not look beyond our goaltending tandem and defense currently missing gudbranson, kulikov, and possibly now weaver its hard to see where high expectations are coming from.

That being said I think we will be competitive in mostly every game and possibly right up until the end. This team with Dineen at the helm does have a knack for turning more than a few heads.

I would be lying If i told you all that my sights are on a shortened season with an injury plagued lineup out of the gate. Rather, my eyes are certainly set on several months down the road. No one here needs reminding that next year's lineup will likely feature names including bjugstad, howden, petrovic, shore, and markstrom- its enough to make any casual fan salivate. I hope we can get another good draft pick this year and begin our true rise to greatness starting this summer.

I'm still going to sit back and enjoy every game as I always do knowing the glory days are fast on the horizon.

Excellent thoughts PH1. I think every team looks awkward right now, and itll be a sprint where the hot goalies win this season. We will be competitive, entertaining, and the games should count till near the end. What else can a fan ask for?

adam graves 01-17-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPG (Post 57715415)
Something interesting this season is that any particular team with a goalie that goes on a hot streak will have a great chance of making the playoffs. I have a feeling we might see one or two teams that typically don't make it go in this year. Slumps and hot streaks will define this season.

Theo played so well last yr i hope he can again. A prolonged goalie slump and we are cooked.

Panteras 01-17-2013 12:12 PM

Here we go again, take it 4 games at a time boys!!

adam graves 01-19-2013 11:04 PM

Big lst win!!! awesome crowd, the huby line put on a clinic, Campbell continous to earn every dollar, jose was spectacular...etc etc etc.

Off to Canada..lets show them Hockey is a Floridian game!!!!

CHGoalie27 01-19-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adam graves (Post 57910219)
Big lst win!!! awesome crowd, the huby line put on a clinic, Campbell continous to earn every dollar, jose was spectacular...etc etc etc.

Off to Canada..lets show them Hockey is a Floridian game!!!!

:yo:ALEXEI MF KOVALEV!!! :yo:

I am one happy 9 year old tonight! (The King's glove save too...) :D

We look extra dangerous if we can sweep the north in the next two...

I just hope our boys don't get TOO ahead of themselves! They looked great because they worked hard and played smart!

adam graves 01-20-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 (Post 57913597)
:yo:ALEXEI MF KOVALEV!!! :yo:

I am one happy 9 year old tonight! (The King's glove save too...) :D

We look extra dangerous if we can sweep the north in the next two...

I just hope our boys don't get TOO ahead of themselves! They looked great because they worked hard and played smart!

Kovy was awesome. Not the old speed, but the hands are 19 yo, and he opened up so much ice...the perfect guy for huby.

blackpanthers 01-20-2013 12:15 PM

Can't remember where I read it but I saw an interesting stat that said during the 94-95 strike shortened season any team who had a 3 or more game losing streak failed to make the playoffs.

angry_treefrog 01-20-2013 12:37 PM

SET ****************** ********* ********* SET POINTS TOTAL POINTS VS GOAL DIVISION CONFERENCE PACE
          
1st 4 CAR (W 5-1) @ OTT @ MON OTT 2 2 + 1T-1T-196
2nd 4 PHI @ TB WIN @ BUF x x EVENxxx
3rd 4 @ WIN @ PHI @ WAS WAS x x EVENxxx
4th 4 MON TB TOR @ PHI x x EVENxxx
5th 4 @ PIT BOS PIT BUF x x EVENxxx
6th 4 @ CAR CAR WIN @ WAS x x EVENxxx
          

MillarWithASave 01-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 57934931)
SET ****************** ********* ********* SET POINTS TOTAL POINTS VS GOAL DIVISION CONFERENCE PACE
          
1st 4 CAR (W 5-1) @ OTT @ MON OTT 2 2 + 1T-1T-196
2nd 4 PHI @ TB WIN @ BUF x x EVENxxx
3rd 4 @ WIN @ PHI @ WAS WAS x x EVENxxx
4th 4 MON TB TOR @ PHI x x EVENxxx
5th 4 @ PIT BOS PIT BUF x x EVENxxx
6th 4 @ CAR CAR WIN @ WAS x x EVENxxx
          

We are on pace to beat our last seasons point total. :laugh:

adam graves 01-20-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angry_treefrog (Post 57934931)
SET ****************** ********* ********* SET POINTS TOTAL POINTS VS GOAL DIVISION CONFERENCE PACE
          
1st 4 CAR (W 5-1) @ OTT @ MON OTT 2 2 + 1T-1T-196
2nd 4 PHI @ TB WIN @ BUF x x EVENxxx
3rd 4 @ WIN @ PHI @ WAS WAS x x EVENxxx
4th 4 MON TB TOR @ PHI x x EVENxxx
5th 4 @ PIT BOS PIT BUF x x EVENxxx
6th 4 @ CAR CAR WIN @ WAS x x EVENxxx
          

Well done...96 points should do it lol.

Will you keep your updated one on top?

pb1300 01-20-2013 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 57709825)
I'm honestly quite surprised although no one has blatantly stated it I can surmise from multiple people here that expectations for this shortened season are quite high! In the scheme of things I think its very difficult to expect greatness from a squad that is in the biggest transition year of what could be the next decade of greatness.

Currently, outsiders looking at our team would see patchwork throughout the lineup one need not look beyond our goaltending tandem and defense currently missing gudbranson, kulikov, and possibly now weaver its hard to see where high expectations are coming from.

That being said I think we will be competitive in mostly every game and possibly right up until the end. This team with Dineen at the helm does have a knack for turning more than a few heads.

I would be lying If i told you all that my sights are on a shortened season with an injury plagued lineup out of the gate. Rather, my eyes are certainly set on several months down the road. No one here needs reminding that next year's lineup will likely feature names including bjugstad, howden, petrovic, shore, and markstrom- its enough to make any casual fan salivate. I hope we can get another good draft pick this year and begin our true rise to greatness starting this summer.

I'm still going to sit back and enjoy every game as I always do knowing the glory days are fast on the horizon.

I think this team is a lot better than outsiders are predicting. Yes, we lost Garrison, but we should see a better offensive production with who we have up front. 1 through 9 has loads of talent and scoring capability, and we probably have more talent on our 2nd line than any of our previous 1st lines since the Bure era (not counting last seasons top line). We should be a top 10 PP unit again, we should be a better SO team, and I think given the talent this team has as a whole, they should make the playoffs. Of course, the key to our season is going to be getting our guys back from injury, and being a bit lucky afterwards, but if that were to happen, there is no reason why we arent a division contender once again. Outside of a couple of teams in the East, there is no team that is head and shoulders better than us, and there are very few teams in the whole league that work harder, or are better coached as well.

PanthersHockey1 01-20-2013 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 57939557)
I think this team is a lot better than outsiders are predicting. Yes, we lost Garrison, but we should see a better offensive production with who we have up front. 1 through 9 has loads of talent and scoring capability, and we probably have more talent on our 2nd line than any of our previous 1st lines since the Bure era (not counting last seasons top line). We should be a top 10 PP unit again, we should be a better SO team, and I think given the talent this team has as a whole, they should make the playoffs. Of course, the key to our season is going to be getting our guys back from injury, and being a bit lucky afterwards, but if that were to happen, there is no reason why we arent a division contender once again. Outside of a couple of teams in the East, there is no team that is head and shoulders better than us, and there are very few teams in the whole league that work harder, or are better coached as well.


Cant argue with anything you said. It really can go either way. I think games against teams that will be there in the end such as ottawa, tampa, washington, carolina, and new jersey are even more critical because the division and last couple of spots will be fought in my opinion by these 5 teams.

Ghoste 01-21-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PanthersHockey1 (Post 57709825)
I'm honestly quite surprised although no one has blatantly stated it I can surmise from multiple people here that expectations for this shortened season are quite high! In the scheme of things I think its very difficult to expect greatness from a squad that is in the biggest transition year of what could be the next decade of greatness.

Currently, outsiders looking at our team would see patchwork throughout the lineup one need not look beyond our goaltending tandem and defense currently missing gudbranson, kulikov, and possibly now weaver its hard to see where high expectations are coming from.

That being said I think we will be competitive in mostly every game and possibly right up until the end. This team with Dineen at the helm does have a knack for turning more than a few heads.

I would be lying If i told you all that my sights are on a shortened season with an injury plagued lineup out of the gate. Rather, my eyes are certainly set on several months down the road. No one here needs reminding that next year's lineup will likely feature names including bjugstad, howden, petrovic, shore, and markstrom- its enough to make any casual fan salivate. I hope we can get another good draft pick this year and begin our true rise to greatness starting this summer.

I'm still going to sit back and enjoy every game as I always do knowing the glory days are fast on the horizon.

Nice post!

Let the first bold sink in. After all the bad we've been through, you can't help but to feel positive about the next 10 years. I've been a fan since day one but I can say that this is the most I've studied up on our prospects within the organization. With the internet, highlights, interviews, articles, etc., you can get to really see where some of these kids are at in their development. And it really feels like these guys coming up are going to help establish a winning atmosphere in Florida. I believe everyone deserves that.

For the second bold, I like to think Dineen plays a big factor here. I've been forever a Niners fan and I can't tell you enough of how much of an impact Harbaugh has brought to the team. Like the Panthers, the Niners have been horrible the last decade. This guy comes in and turns things around. Now we're in the Super Bowl and have a bright future. It's been so long that I was in high school when we beat San Diego in our last appearance. Now after all of our coaching turnovers, Dineen has the chance to be that guy. I liked Pete and he got us close his first year but that's as close as we got with him. Dineen helped get us back to the playoffs and we'll see how he continues to become a better coach each year.

And the last bold couldn't have been said any better.

-ghoste

Ghoste 01-21-2013 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pb1300 (Post 57939557)
I think this team is a lot better than outsiders are predicting. Yes, we lost Garrison, but we should see a better offensive production with who we have up front. 1 through 9 has loads of talent and scoring capability, and we probably have more talent on our 2nd line than any of our previous 1st lines since the Bure era (not counting last seasons top line). We should be a top 10 PP unit again, we should be a better SO team, and I think given the talent this team has as a whole, they should make the playoffs. Of course, the key to our season is going to be getting our guys back from injury, and being a bit lucky afterwards, but if that were to happen, there is no reason why we arent a division contender once again. Outside of a couple of teams in the East, there is no team that is head and shoulders better than us, and there are very few teams in the whole league that work harder, or are better coached as well.

I agree. Really want to see improvement on special teams, notably the penalty kill. Last night was a great start for both areas! Shootouts should also have better endings. And Billy touched on it last night but our 4 on 4 should improve as well. Straight up winning more games in overtime can grab us that precious other point instead of losing in the shootout like years past.

-ghoste

adam graves 01-21-2013 05:30 PM

Great posts above.

That's the essence of this thread...come enjoy the process, don't panic with any loss, and see how things go.

adam graves 01-21-2013 10:27 PM

Our lst season stinker...ouch

Need amnesia in this sprint..

Lets get our legs and get 2 from habs!!!

CHGoalie27 01-21-2013 11:44 PM

Yeah, well Dineen breaking our skill line up was not good for the progress of this thread.

****, I hate when coaches break lines they never ever should. VERY PDB of him.

LUUUUUIS 01-22-2013 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 (Post 58063581)
Yeah, well Dineen breaking our skill line up was not good for the progress of this thread.

****, I hate when coaches break lines they never ever should. VERY PDB of him.

He was getting too "cutesy" with his lines. He should have just kept steady, even in a loss... would have been better for lines to keep familiarity with eachother instead of switching things up.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.