HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Marc-Andre Fleury's trade value (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=132521)

Calgary_Moe 03-02-2005 12:48 PM

Marc-Andre Fleury's trade value
 
Hypothetically, what could the Pens get for him if they thought Chiodo and Caron could get the job done?

Moe

Darth Milbury 03-02-2005 12:51 PM

Oleg Kvasha and Mark Parrish. :D

Colorado Avalanche 03-02-2005 12:56 PM

2 rounder?

okay i think Vancouver needs goaltender, one Sedin and 1 rounder?

Is that too much?

Daniel or Henrik(Henrik is better i think) Sedin and 1. rounder

Luigi Lemieux 03-02-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Color@do @v@l@nche
2 rounder?

...

Darth Milbury 03-02-2005 12:57 PM

Fleury's trade value is still quite high. It would take a lot mroe than a 2nd rounder.

SensGod 03-02-2005 12:58 PM

Havlat

Crossroads* 03-02-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SensGod
Havlat

IMO, that's overpaying. Fisher and a first would be better.

Darth Milbury 03-02-2005 01:12 PM

Actually, I think Havlat is closer to being fair value. Fisher is a stud third liner, but injury prone, and an Ottawa draft pick would come pretty late in the first round. Besides, however postively you view Fisher, he is not a first line player and probably not even a 2nd line player. Pitt is not going to trade a player with Fleury's upside for a guy who isn't likely to every play in the top six on a good team.

Big McLargehuge 03-02-2005 01:13 PM

In a word he's untouchable.

So why even bother?

BlindWillyMcHurt 03-02-2005 01:15 PM

Just gauging value, I imagine.

Crossroads* 03-02-2005 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Actually, I think Havlat is closer to being fair value. Fisher is a stud third liner, but injury prone, and an Ottawa draft pick would come pretty late in the first round. Besides, however postively you view Fisher, he is not a first line player and probably not even a 2nd line player. Pitt is not going to trade a player with Fleury's upside for a guy who isn't likely to every play in the top six on a good team.

Well, after watching him in the playoffs last year, I realized that he is a warrior and is definitely better than White- their first line centre at the time on a very good team. So I figured if he's better than White, he has the capability to be a first or second line centre on a good team.

Howard35 03-02-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
In a word he's untouchable.

So why even bother?

agreed. this is a dumb thread. the kid is what 19-20 and ppl are asking for trade value because he might not be thrilling right now in the AHL? LMAO... i hope thats not the case

mercury 03-02-2005 01:18 PM

Havlat, Mirnov, and a 2nd for Fleury and Zubrus?

BlindWillyMcHurt 03-02-2005 01:20 PM

We're still expecting Dainius to show up any day now. Future considerations, ya know. ;)

BlindWillyMcHurt 03-02-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zetterberg40
agreed. this is a dumb thread. the kid is what 19-20 and ppl are asking for trade value because he might not be thrilling right now in the AHL? LMAO... i hope thats not the case

I'm sure that contention will be brought up, unfortunatly, if this thread goes on long enough.

Crossroads* 03-02-2005 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful
In a word he's untouchable.

So why even bother?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calgary_Moe
Hypothetically

This is just for fun. Nobody should care if he's untouchable- people are just trying to gauge what his value really is.

Darth Milbury 03-02-2005 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crossroads
Well, after watching him in the playoffs last year, I realized that he is a warrior and is definitely better than White- their first line centre at the time on a very good team. So I figured if he's better than White, he has the capability to be a first or second line centre on a good team.

White is marginal as a top six forward. I agree that Fisher is better than White, but that isn't saying much about Fisher. Fisher hasn't shown a hint of being a first line guy, at any point in his career. His career high, to date, is 38 points, and I personally don't see him getting far beyond those numbers.

Fisher is a heck of a player, and I'd love to have him on my team (if he can stay healthy). But, a top six forward he is not.

mercury 03-02-2005 01:38 PM

Duh. :dunce: Havlat, Mirnov, and a 2nd for Fleury and Koltsov. Jeez, I need to stop multitasking and looking at the Caps roster while formulating a trade between the Sens and the Pens.

Jaded-Fan 03-02-2005 01:45 PM

Maffy would have to be overpaid for as we have no franchise-type goaltender in the system other than him. As for value, and hypothetically, if he were being shopped and there were interest? A top five draft pick or comparable value prospect is not out of line.

andora 03-02-2005 02:27 PM

ray emery and martin havlat IMO would be something pittsburgh wouldn't lose on

Jaded-Fan 03-02-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
ray emery and martin havlat IMO would be something pittsburgh wouldn't lose on

:lol . . . you stole 'Read & Weep' from the Beagster?

Spooky371* 03-02-2005 02:47 PM

VIA Vancouver :
Sopel and a 3rd
Ohlund and a 4th
Malik and a 3rd
Or Kelser ?

SensGod 03-02-2005 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora
ray emery and martin havlat IMO would be something pittsburgh wouldn't lose on

I was thinking that myself as well after I posted Havlat.

I don't think that Havlat by himself would be enough...

But the whole idea behind this is Pitt thinking that Chiodo and that other guy can do the job. So why would they want another goalie back?

Darth Milbury 03-02-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spooky371
VIA Vancouver :
Sopel and a 3rd
Ohlund and a 4th
Malik and a 3rd
Or Kelser ?

The only one of these packages that is even worth thinking about would be Ohlund +.

Malik and a third probably wouldn't even get you Pitt's 2nd rounder, let alone Fleury.

xtra 03-02-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
The only one of these packages that is even worth thinking about would be Ohlund +.

Malik and a third probably wouldn't even get you Pitt's 2nd rounder, let alone Fleury.


i agree. also there is no way the canucks *at this point* trade away Ohlund. he is worth too much to the team and could possibly end up as a life long canuck.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:30 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.