HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325271)

TP 01-16-2013 09:04 PM

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)
 
Continue here.

Previous thread: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1261559

Here you can announce you have tickets to give away, to trade for future games, to sell at or below face value to other fans. You can also make requests to purchase tickets for certain games.

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

dafoomie 01-16-2013 09:26 PM

Buying:

1/31 vs Buffalo
3/3 vs Montreal
3/7 vs Toronto
3/25 vs Toronto
3/27 vs Montreal
4/17 vs Buffalo

Looking to do 1 or 2 of those now and the rest will wait.

Lordstanley 01-16-2013 09:57 PM

Now that the Bruins have gone into the lazy pdf mood with no hard tickets this year, I would think people with great Ebay ratings will have no problem selling a ticket. I for one will only use Begslist as a last resort, too many ******** who thrive on hardworking hockey fans. I'am lucky when it comes to getting rid of games I can't attend. Seat location is king ! ;)

kman22 01-16-2013 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstanley (Post 57711611)
Now that the Bruins have gone into the lazy pdf mood with no hard tickets this year, I would think people with great Ebay ratings will have no problem selling a ticket. I for one will only use Begslist as a last resort, too many ******** who thrive on hardworking hockey fans. I'am lucky when it comes to getting rid of games I can't attend. Seat location is king ! ;)

If you're ever struggling to sell some tickets, I think I could help.

Lordstanley 01-16-2013 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kman22 (Post 57712467)
If you're ever struggling to sell some tickets, I think I could help.

Yesterday I picked up 8 single tics for 4 - habs / 2 - dirty birds / 2 - flys ...... i use these to shut my brothers up when they ask about my orr section or dead center seats. If they still cry I tell them to purchase a freaking gift package for their wifes :help: I will send you a pm ..............Go B'sss

Dtb1381 01-17-2013 07:50 AM

Looking for tickets to either the islanders on 1/25 or the sabres on 1/31. Preferably balcony as I am a poor college student. Thanks guys

jchogan88 01-17-2013 08:00 AM

It really bothers me how much the tickets are. I can't find any reasonably priced tickets anywhere. I've looked at all of the online tickets brokers and can't believe how much they cost. The sad part is that people are just trying to make money off of real hockey fans.

I'm glad to see how loyal the fans are after a lockout but it kind of sucks that I have to pay almost as much to see a regular season game as seeing them beat Montreal in game 7 during the cup run.

I guess maybe demand will be high because its a shortened season but who knows. I guess I am just venting. I miss the days of just going down to the box office and buying tickets there at face value.

If anyone has any seats they're looking to sell this year PM me please.

Tuukka Time 01-17-2013 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchogan88 (Post 57723483)
I miss the days of just going down to the box office and buying tickets there at face value.

Stubhub has tix below face for all but a handful of the most high demand games (opener, Habs, Penguins, etc).

Tuukka Time 01-17-2013 08:33 AM

I find it funny that the sports radio stations always give the Red Sox so much grief about their high prices but you don't hear anything about the B's opening up after a lockout with the cheapest prices being $90.

81 home games vs 24 (41 in a "normal" year)

35,000 seat stadium vs 17,000

Assuming all else is equal in terms of putting out a quality product, the Bruins should be charging more.

DKH 01-17-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lordstanley (Post 57714303)
Yesterday I picked up 8 single tics for 4 - habs / 2 - dirty birds / 2 - flys ...... i use these to shut my brothers up when they ask about my orr section or dead center seats. If they still cry I tell them to purchase a freaking gift package for their wifes :help: I will send you a pm ..............Go B'sss

smart move- boy what a difference 5 years make

nickyb 01-17-2013 08:48 AM

Market for Sat night is softening up a bit!

DKH 01-17-2013 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuukka Time (Post 57724351)
I find it funny that the sports radio stations always give the Red Sox so much grief about their high prices but you don't hear anything about the B's opening up after a lockout with the cheapest prices being $90.

81 home games vs 24 (41 in a "normal" year)

35,000 seat stadium vs 17,000

Assuming all else is equal in terms of putting out a quality product, the Bruins should be charging more.

Sox payroll is more than 2 times and maybe 3 next year....tickets are realy rocketing for Bruins where the Sox tix we have which are pretty solid are $47 for sec 8 nice location red seats on aisle and under overhang....they seem almost free the way the Bruins tix are spinning

Looch 01-17-2013 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jchogan88 (Post 57723483)
The sad part is that people are just trying to make money off of real hockey fans.
.

I completely disagree. I do not discriminate. I try to sell just as many tickets to fake hockey fans as I do real hockey fans.

progoaliemask 01-17-2013 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuukka Time (Post 57724091)
Stubhub has tix below face for all but a handful of the most high demand games (opener, Habs, Penguins, etc).

The issue with that is, Stubhub charges way too much on fees. That needs to figure into the overall cost.

NASCL 01-17-2013 09:07 AM

Where were these "real" fans when the season ticket base was under 5,000?

Tuukka Time 01-17-2013 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by progoaliemask (Post 57725291)
The issue with that is, Stubhub charges way too much on fees. That needs to figure into the overall cost.

I am. They're still below "face".

I think the poster above's problem is more to do with the "face" value of the tix to begin with. Not necessarily the secondary market's markup. Face values have more than doubled in the last 5 or so years, so while he thinks he may be getting hosed on the secondary market, he's really not. Or not nearly as much in relation to what that person/entity paid for them.

Tuukka Time 01-17-2013 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKH (Post 57724811)
Sox payroll is more than 2 times and maybe 3 next year....tickets are realy rocketing for Bruins where the Sox tix we have which are pretty solid are $47 for sec 8 nice location red seats on aisle and under overhang....they seem almost free the way the Bruins tix are spinning

And, again, that's the way it should be.

There will only be 420,000 tickets printed for regular season Bs games this year.
There will be almost 3 million tickets printed for regular season Sox games this year.

There are no bad seats in the Garden.
There are TONS of bad seats at Fenway.

The weather for the first and last months of the season can make things very rough at Fenway. The Garden? Always the same.

chuckdobbins 01-17-2013 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASCL (Post 57725425)
Where were these "real" fans when the season ticket base was under 5,000?

Paying for tuition.

BlackNgold 84 01-17-2013 09:27 AM

Some of the people who aren't happy about ticket prices have all the right to be angry. But if you show up down there before the game (obviously as long as you aren't coming from so far away) And the closer to the face off the cheaper the ticket will get. So go down.. enjoy a few adult beverages and you could always get tickets. If not chill out near the garden and have fun and make a night of it.

schmautzy 01-17-2013 09:35 AM

I just feel sorry for these poor college students and also the single parent who wants to take their kid to his/her first Bruins game this Saturday night.
I wish they would just forgive all the student loans so these pennyless kids could enjoy a Bs game and possibly have a beer or two.
The real and true fans will eventually win when this team goes in the tank.

NASCL 01-17-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuckdobbins (Post 57725989)
Paying for tuition.

As many of us did before them.

reidy 01-17-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NASCL (Post 57725425)
Where were these "real" fans when the season ticket base was under 5,000?

I was in college, calling my dad every weekend to see if he could throw $50 onto my meal plan.

Looch 01-17-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schmautzy (Post 57726449)
I just feel sorry for these poor college students and also the single parent who wants to take their kid to his/her first Bruins game this Saturday night.
I wish they would just forgive all the student loans so these pennyless kids could enjoy a Bs game and possibly have a beer or two.
The real and true fans will eventually win when this team goes in the tank.



This is the only problem I have with people who want to *****. They only want to see the yankees, rangers, heat, lakers etc. If you compare prices across the board for the entire season right now, they are cheaper than they were during this same time frame last year. Most by at least 25%. From December on last year there weren't many games you couldn't get any seat in the building for under $100. Lower level seats for a mid week game against an .500 team was running $150+.

Right now there are several options for seats around the $50 range. And lower level seats can be had for many games pretty damn close to season ticket price. Boston is a sports city. Always has been and always will be. I understand people hoping to be able to afford a reasonably priced game after a ridiculous lockout that never should have occurred. But to expect cheap tickets for OPENING NIGHT when it is on the weekend (isn't usually) and is one of the most sought after opponents on the entire schedule...it's never going to happen.

I was surprised the market for opening night wasn't higher demand right out of the gate. Where it is right now is what I expected. I know people who are still looking for Saturday night tickets don't want to hear it, but the prices right now are the same as prices were for the Saturday Rangers game in the second half of the year last season.

If you want to see a weekend game, go see the islanders on 1/25 or lightning on 2/9. If you want to see the Rangers, go see them on TUESDAY 2/12. If you want to go to a home opener, go next year vs the Panthers. If you want to ss the Rangers, on opening night, on the weekend...it will always be one of the most expensive tickets of the season.


I've seen several posts from people wondering if they should buy now for the rest of the season or buy later. They want to know if prices are going to rise. Anyone who tells you they know the right answer is full of it. It depends how the B's play, mostly.

I don't think anyone expected B's prices to get as high as they did last year. I certainly never did. But the Cup win combined with the early season win steak, sent prices through the roof...and they stayed there for the most part. The same thing could happen this year if they get on a hot streak. Then again, if they play below .500 hockey, prices may take a dip. If I had to guess they are more likely to rise. We seem to have a good young team. Chances are they are going to compete and being a contender...but nothing is certain.


Since I've now thoroughly pissed off everyone who is still looking for cheap tickets, I will offer this last bit of advise, if you do not care where you sit, and just want the cheapest lower level seats, or cheapest balcony seat, buy them last minute on day of game on Causeway. Yes, you have to deal with the scalpers. But if price is most important, this is almost always going to be your best price. And by almost always, I mean 90% of the time +. There are nice balconies that sold on the street for OPENING NIGHT last year for $100. Loges for $150. There was no opening night bigger than last year's in the history of the franchise.

One out of every 10-20 times you wait to buy on the street, you may pay a premium. But the other 90-95% of the time you are saving money, should more than make up for it. Happy buying...and selling!;)

signed,
The hated HFscalper

nickyb 01-17-2013 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Looch (Post 57729161)
This is the only problem I have with people who want to *****. They only want to see the yankees, rangers, heat, lakers etc. If you compare prices across the board for the entire season right now, they are cheaper than they were during this same time frame last year. Most by at least 25%. From December on last year there weren't many games you couldn't get any seat in the building for under $100. Lower level seats for a mid week game against an .500 team was running $150+.

Right now there are several options for seats around the $50 range. And lower level seats can be had for many games pretty damn close to season ticket price. Boston is a sports city. Always has been and always will be. I understand people hoping to be able to afford a reasonably priced game after a ridiculous lockout that never should have occurred. But to expect cheap tickets for OPENING NIGHT when it is on the weekend (isn't usually) and is one of the most sought after opponents on the entire schedule...it's never going to happen.

I was surprised the market for opening night wasn't higher demand right out of the gate. Where it is right now is what I expected. I know people who are still looking for Saturday night tickets don't want to hear it, but the prices right now are the same as prices were for the Saturday Rangers game in the second half of the year last season.

If you want to see a weekend game, go see the islanders on 1/25 or lightning on 2/9. If you want to see the Rangers, go see them on TUESDAY 2/12. If you want to go to a home opener, go next year vs the Panthers. If you want to ss the Rangers, on opening night, on the weekend...it will always be one of the most expensive tickets of the season.


I've seen several posts from people wondering if they should buy now for the rest of the season or buy later. They want to know if prices are going to rise. Anyone who tells you they know the right answer is full of it. It depends how the B's play, mostly.

I don't think anyone expected B's prices to get as high as they did last year. I certainly never did. But the Cup win combined with the early season win steak, sent prices through the roof...and they stayed there for the most part. The same thing could happen this year if they get on a hot streak. Then again, if they play below .500 hockey, prices may take a dip. If I had to guess they are more likely to rise. We seem to have a good young team. Chances are they are going to compete and being a contender...but nothing is certain.


Since I've now thoroughly pissed off everyone who is still looking for cheap tickets, I will offer this last bit of advise, if you do not care where you sit, and just want the cheapest lower level seats, or cheapest balcony seat, buy them last minute on day of game on Causeway. Yes, you have to deal with the scalpers. But if price is most important, this is almost always going to be your best price. And by almost always, I mean 90% of the time +. There are nice balconies that sold on the street for OPENING NIGHT last year for $100. Loges for $150. There was no opening night bigger than last year's in the history of the franchise.

One out of every 10-20 times you wait to buy on the street, you may pay a premium. But the other 90-95% of the time you are saving money, should more than make up for it. Happy buying...and selling!;)

signed,
The hated HFscalper

Agree completely!

Tuukka Time 01-17-2013 10:45 AM

Agreed with Looch's post. It's just common sense, people.

Having said that, the street scalping biz is going to be interesting this year. I've never been a big fan of buying my tix that way in a normal year; but in a year with no hard tickets and only pieces of paper floating around, there's just no way I can see myself going that route.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.