HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Prospects (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What prospects will get a 5 game look in the NHL? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325299)

JacobimMugatu 01-16-2013 09:51 PM

What prospects will get a 5 game look in the NHL?

For the Leafs it looks like Rielly will be starting the season with the Leafs, probably because of Gardiner being out to start the season.

I'm very curious about other teams that'll be giving prospects 5 game tryouts. I'll definitely try to catch some games with them playing.

After enough get posted I'll compile a list.

Stop Winnin 01-16-2013 10:27 PM

Grigorenko

couture23 01-16-2013 10:27 PM

Grigorenko is still questionable to make the team out of camp, but the Sabres don't have many options so it's looking like he will start on 3C.

EDIT: Kishire beat me to it.

JacobimMugatu 01-16-2013 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kishire (Post 57713481)
Grigorenko

Nice, looking forward to seeing him on Monday

Dr Jan Itor 01-16-2013 10:39 PM

Dumba's in camp, might get a look, but probably not.

catters078 01-16-2013 10:40 PM

I think Oleksiak from Dallas is a real chance, been very impressive in the AHL.

jiho 01-16-2013 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JacobimMugatu (Post 57711277)
For the Leafs it looks like Rielly will be starting the season with the Leafs, probably because of Gardiner being out to start the season.

I'm very curious about other teams that'll be giving prospects 5 game tryouts. I'll definitely try to catch some games with them playing.

After enough get posted I'll compile a list.

Mark Scheifele will definitely be staying with the Jets for the 5 games. If feel he should be on the team but in camp he seems to be buried on the 4th line so I doubt he will get a fair chance to stick with the team after the 5 games.

Jordan941 01-16-2013 10:46 PM

Word out of Flyers camp is that Laughton is impressing and he will probably get the 5 game look.

dannyboy8920 01-16-2013 10:57 PM

Jenner will get a look in Columbus. Any word on him from the camp? Cant really see him not impressing the coaches; he has an NHL mentality and readiness to play all roles.

DuckJet 01-16-2013 11:00 PM

Peter Holland might end up playing the full season and it's looking like Rikard Rakell earned a pro tryout. And since the thread is prospects not rookies, Palmieri is starting on the first line with Getzlaf and Perry. I suppose Smith Pelly will get a start but the way he's playing lately he should be back in the AHL. But he seems to thrive where there is lots of skill so maybe he'll change some minds.

rynryn 01-16-2013 11:01 PM

Dumba. Players and coaches sounded pretty impressed with him after the scrimmage tonight, and our D have some injury issues that might make keeping Dumba around for 5 games a smart move. Scandella and Brodin are out for ~2 weeks and the guys battling for the right to hold their places aren't looking all that great right now.

Billy Mays Here 01-16-2013 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rynryn (Post 57715095)
Dumba. Players and coaches sounded pretty impressed with him after the scrimmage tonight, and our D have some injury issues that might make keeping Dumba around for 5 games a smart move. Scandella and Brodin are out for ~2 weeks and the guys battling for the right to hold their places aren't looking all that great right now.

This. Very impressed with Dumba tonight. Not sure I would still take him over Trouba, but he didn't look as bad as many people have been saying lately.

Exit Dose 01-16-2013 11:33 PM

It looks like Rakell might be getting one.

DKQ 01-16-2013 11:34 PM

Stefan Matteau might get a shot with the Devils, he's been playing pretty well

iPunch 01-16-2013 11:36 PM

Was nice to hear Rielly had immediate chemistry paired with Phaneuf today. Sounds like Carlyle is going to give him a 5 game look with Gardiner out.

isles31 01-16-2013 11:38 PM

Strome on the island. I hope that's it, but possibly Donovan/Reinhart if Hickey doesn't look like he can cut it. Reports are he looked solid at tonight's scrimmage tho.

Maitz 01-16-2013 11:50 PM

Galchenyuk will likely start the season in MTL, he is on the 2nd line right now with Plekanec and Gionta. Used on the 2nd PP unit also.

Maitz 01-16-2013 11:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJrcDcnScVM

Benedict Kovalchuk 01-17-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isles31 (Post 57716525)
Strome on the island. I hope that's it, but possibly Donovan/Reinhart if Hickey doesn't look like he can cut it. Reports are he looked solid at tonight's scrimmage tho.

Really wouldn't mind Sundstrom getting a shot at it, he looked so good tonight. A very pleasant surprise. Reinhart definitely didn't look out of place either, but I'd like him back in the WHL to work on his offensive game. Looked good frustrating Tavares.

ChoseLa 01-17-2013 01:31 AM

Yeah Galchenyuk is pretty much a lock, Because with Nokalienen out they need him to have 12 forwards up. Like Maitz said he's been practicing on the second line and the powerplay. The two others options are Dumont and Gallagher but Galchenyuk is outplaying them.

JOHNBOY 01-17-2013 01:39 AM

Grigorenko is all but a certain to start with the Sabres this sunday..

DuckJet 01-17-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChoseLa (Post 57719615)
Yeah Galchenyuk is pretty much a lock, Because with Nokalienen out they need him to have 12 forwards up. Like Maitz said he's been practicing on the second line and the powerplay. The two others options are Dumont and Gallagher but Galchenyuk is outplaying them.

I wouldn't be too psyched if he was Ducks property and he was getting the start.

DKQ 01-17-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 57719845)
I wouldn't be too psyched if he was Ducks property and he was getting the start.

Why? I would almost say he's too good for the OHL at this point. Let him play 5 games, if he's overwhelmed send him down and call him next year, if he makes the Habs a better hockey team then keep him up

DuckJet 01-17-2013 03:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn (Post 57720687)
Why? I would almost say he's too good for the OHL at this point. Let him play 5 games, if he's overwhelmed send him down and call him next year, if he makes the Habs a better hockey team then keep him up

He doesn't look ready to me.

At least based on WJC. I haven't been to the Habs camp, but it's not a good thing to rush prospects even when they are too good for the OHL. Fowler lost a lot of his confidence and assertiveness when Doan took him out after his first goal just as a quick example.

WasTeD 01-17-2013 03:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckJet (Post 57720929)
He doesn't look ready to me.

At least based on WJC
. I haven't been to the Habs camp, but it's not a good thing to rush prospects even when they are too good for the OHL. Fowler lost a lot of his confidence and assertiveness when Doan took him out after his first goal just as a quick example.

Problem is right here.

Don't judge kids solely off the WJC.

Gally is too good for the OHL. Might aswell see if he's NHL ready. He wont learn much in the OHL.