HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Islanders (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Isles and Titanic... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325599)

Bones45 01-17-2013 11:21 AM

Isles and Titanic...

Got a chuckle from this -- sent from a Rangers fan... but I laughed out loud..

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dhtrtc.jpg

Strummergas 01-17-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bones45 (Post 57731965)
Got a chuckle from this -- sent from a Rangers fan... but I laughed out loud..

http://i48.tinypic.com/2dhtrtc.jpg

Yeah, that's pretty funny. :laugh::help:

IceAce 01-17-2013 11:32 AM

in fairness to us, we don't really look good before hitting the ice.

Perhaps if the Titanic caught fire a few miles before impact...

Disgraced Cosmonaut 01-17-2013 11:39 AM

yeah, we haven't looked good since the 80's. more like the Mickey Rourke of hockey than the Titanic...

Trumanperro 01-17-2013 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disgraced Cosmonaut (Post 57733247)
yeah, we haven't looked good since the 80's. more like the Mickey Rourke of hockey than the Titanic...

Zing!

SLAPSHOT723 01-17-2013 12:09 PM

That's the oldest joke in hockey.

Strummergas 01-17-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 (Post 57735191)
That's the oldest joke in hockey.

Isn't this whole organization the oldest joke in hockey?

doublechili 01-17-2013 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strummergas (Post 57735935)
Isn't this whole organization the oldest joke in hockey?

That would be the Leafs.

Twine Seeking Missle 01-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublechili (Post 57736977)
That would be the Leafs.

Leafs might be a joke but at least they are relevant. The Isles are both a joke AND irrelevant. Worst possible combination. :help:

Degeneration Rex 01-17-2013 12:46 PM

Both have been decaying for a long time.

Islesin93* 01-17-2013 12:51 PM

yes lets laugh along with the Ranger fans, some great fans we have on the Island

Fantom 01-17-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doublechili (Post 57736977)
That would be the Leafs.

the leafs may not win. However as a org they make $$$ by the truckload. Far from the worst

doublechili 01-17-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 57737397)
Leafs might be a joke but at least they are relevant. The Isles are both a joke AND irrelevant. Worst possible combination. :help:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 57738103)
the leafs may not win. However as a org they make $$$ by the truckload. Far from the worst

IMO that's exactly why the Leafs are the biggest joke. They make a ton of money. People leave season tix in their Wills. 25% of NHL players grew up as Leafs fans making it a desireable place to play. And they still can't win. You'd think with a monkey as GM they could've won at least one Cup in the past 45 years....

Islanders1932 01-17-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost35 (Post 57737745)
yes lets laugh along with the Ranger fans, some great fans we have on the Island

Hey when you are this bad year after year all you can do is laugh to stay sane. I got a good chuckle out of it.

Bunk Moreland 01-17-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lost35 (Post 57737745)

Lighten up.. Our team sucks we all know it I'm not gonna cry and kill myself because of them it was a funny picture.

Trumanperro 01-17-2013 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantom (Post 57738103)

The difference is we can actually afford to watch non playoff hockey.

Wedregast 01-17-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 57737397)

How are the leafs relevant? In a discussion about Original 6 teams that haven't won a cup since the late 60's. Or a discussion about teams that have a current longer Playoff-less spell then even the Islanders? :laugh:

Twine Seeking Missle 01-17-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wedregast (Post 57743577)
How are the leafs relevant? In a discussion about Original 6 teams that haven't won a cup since the late 60's. Or a discussion about teams that have a current longer Playoff-less spell then even the Islanders? :laugh:

Simply because they are in the limelight 24/7. Sure, they suck and have been a joke on the ice for a while now but people still pay attention to the Leafs. They still get a ton of media coverage and they sell out their building every night with no problem. That's the definition of relevance. The Isles, outside of hfboards and a small smattering of fans aren't a blip on anyone's radar.

I understand we are talking about a Canadian market vs. a non-Canadian market but everything I said is true... unfortunately.

Pnut 01-17-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 57751123)
Simply because they are in the limelight 24/7. Sure, they suck and have been a joke on the ice for a while now but people still pay attention to the Leafs. They still get a ton of media coverage and they sell out their building every night with no problem. That's the definition of relevance. The Isles, outside of hfboards and a small smattering of fans aren't a blip on anyone's radar.

I understand we are talking about a Canadian market vs. a non-Canadian market but everything I said is true... unfortunately.

How much competition do the Leafs have for a fans sports dollar up there? The Blue Jays and Raptors. Its not like the Isles only compete for attention with just the Knicks and Yanks, and the Giants, Jets, Nets, Mets and Raggies don't exist. Sorry Twine your wrong on this.

Stercrazy 01-17-2013 07:09 PM

Either way.....I found it funny. Hopefully things start turning around....hopefully....lol.

SaintTavares 01-17-2013 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twine Seeking Missle (Post 57751123)

If that's the case, then the Maple Leafs are the New York Jets of the NHL. Haven't won in years, they suck today, but everyone still talks about them.

Twine Seeking Missle 01-18-2013 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnut (Post 57754389)
How much competition do the Leafs have for a fans sports dollar up there? The Blue Jays and Raptors. Its not like the Isles only compete for attention with just the Knicks and Yanks, and the Giants, Jets, Nets, Mets and Raggies don't exist. Sorry Twine your wrong on this.

In my eyes you are either relevant or you aren't. The Leafs are. There's no disputing it. The reasons why they stay relevant are irrelevant.

You pretty much just answered it for me by mentioning the Raptors and Blue Jays. Have those teams been relevant the past few years? Let's see what happens with the Jays this year with all those acquisitions but that stadium has been empty for years (minus games against the Yankees of course).

Twine Seeking Missle 01-18-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SaintTavares (Post 57761303)
If that's the case, then the Maple Leafs are the New York Jets of the NHL. Haven't won in years, they suck today, but everyone still talks about them.

True... but for different reasons. Everyone talks about the Jets because Rex and Woody don't know how to shut up. :laugh:

CDirt 01-18-2013 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnut (Post 57754389)

THe Leafs have the canadians as well. Huge rivalry between the two. Used to be the Nordiques, Canadians and Leafs as the three biggest rivals in Canada.