HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Was - Ana, Was - Dal, Was - Col (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325655)

Halpysback* 01-17-2013 12:34 PM

Was - Ana, Was - Dal, Was - Col
 
To Dallas: Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, 1st 2015
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

To Anaheim: Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014, 1st 2014
To Washington: Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik (salary held back to make it work, additional 3rd and later rounders as needed for salary held back). Anaheim gets solid utility winger in Laich, star prospect in Kuznetsov, good PF in Brouwer, bunch of futures. If they resign Getzlaf and possibly Perry they'd be in a very good position.

To Colorado, Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, 1st 2013
To Washington: O'Reilly, Giguere

Everyone will probably hate me on all sides but I tried to make sure there's at least some quality in all the quantity.

Caps nuke their prospects completely for the next 3 years but finally there are no holes on D and the offense may be most complete in the league in every aspect.

Have at it.

Leafs87 01-17-2013 12:39 PM

With kuznetsov most likely not coming to NA any time soon and perry/getzlaf as ufas in the summer I don't see what Anaheim gets out of that.

Frozen Failure 01-17-2013 12:40 PM

No. Washington is literally destroyed as a franchise after this. This ain't the CHL, bro.

Gliff 01-17-2013 12:41 PM

I'll pass. Alot of reasons.

Carlzner 01-17-2013 12:42 PM

This is not NHL13.

I3ig13ig 01-17-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57736693)
To Dallas: Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, 1st 2015
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

To Anaheim: Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014, 1st 2014
To Washington: Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik (salary held back to make it work, additional 3rd and later rounders as needed for salary held back). Anaheim gets solid utility winger in Laich, star prospect in Kuznetsov, good PF in Brouwer, bunch of futures. If they resign Getzlaf and possibly Perry they'd be in a very good position.

To Colorado, Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, 1st 2013
To Washington: O'Reilly, Giguere

Everyone will probably hate me on all sides but I tried to make sure there's at least some quality in all the quantity.

Caps nuke their prospects completely for the next 3 years but finally there are no holes on D and the offense may be most complete in the league in every aspect.

Have at it.

You're proposal for Jamie Benn is really iffy. Its not god awful or anything, but I also don't think their is enough quality there to compensate losing Benn and Morrow. Not to mention the 1st in 2015 is wayy too far in the future to consider it a main piece. Maybe something more like Johannson, Forsberg and a 2013 1st for Benn, but even then I don't think its enough to entice Dallas.

You're proposal for Anaheim wouldn't work for Washington. They sacrifice 3 of their top 6 wingers (IIRC) and their next two seasons worth of top draft picks minus this years first for Ryan and Beauch who is not getting any younger. I would think Washington stays away from this.

You're third one is alright value wise (in a vaccum) except that Colorado doesn't need Neuvirth what with them having Varlamov and all and they don't need to take up two extra roster spots for players that they don't really need.

Essentially, it is alot of quantity (with some quality although) for high level quality players. I think these deals have wayy too much going on with them to really consider them sound offers. Caps shouldn't be blowing up their franchise to get these players. Too much roster shuffling this close to a very short season.

DL44 01-17-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57736693)
To Dallas: Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, 1st 2015
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

To Anaheim: Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014, 1st 2014
To Washington: Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik (salary held back to make it work, additional 3rd and later rounders as needed for salary held back). Anaheim gets solid utility winger in Laich, star prospect in Kuznetsov, good PF in Brouwer, bunch of futures. If they resign Getzlaf and possibly Perry they'd be in a very good position.

To Colorado, Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, 1st 2013
To Washington: O'Reilly, Giguere

Everyone will probably hate me on all sides but I tried to make sure there's at least some quality in all the quantity.

Caps nuke their prospects completely for the next 3 years but finally there are no holes on D and the offense may be most complete in the league in every aspect.

Have at it.

Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik, additional 3rd rounder.

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds.


All i gotta say is... thank god that 3rd is in there to balance it out.

Ducksgo* 01-17-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DL44 (Post 57737511)
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik, additional 3rd rounder.

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds.


All i gotta say is... thank god that 3rd is in there to balance it out.

Ducks say hell no

IWantSakicAsMyGM 01-17-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57736693)
To Dallas: Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, 1st 2015
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

To Anaheim: Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014, 1st 2014
To Washington: Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik (salary held back to make it work, additional 3rd and later rounders as needed for salary held back). Anaheim gets solid utility winger in Laich, star prospect in Kuznetsov, good PF in Brouwer, bunch of futures. If they resign Getzlaf and possibly Perry they'd be in a very good position.

To Colorado, Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, 1st 2013
To Washington: O'Reilly, Giguere

Everyone will probably hate me on all sides but I tried to make sure there's at least some quality in all the quantity.

Caps nuke their prospects completely for the next 3 years but finally there are no holes on D and the offense may be most complete in the league in every aspect.

Have at it.

No from the Avs.

The Avs don't need young, unproven forwards and picks. They need a first pairing LHD. No reason go give up the rights for O'Reilly unless this is coming back. And Giguere is not getting traded.

Neuvirth only adds more competition to an already crowded G depth chart. Giguere might not be the G of the future, but he's playing the dual role of backup and mentor/goalie coach for Varlamov.

Erskine is another big bottom pairing D. The Avs have 6 of them already. Need someone to play with EJ, not more depth.

Halpysback* 01-17-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I3ig13ig (Post 57737341)
You're proposal for Jamie Benn is really iffy. Its not god awful or anything, but I also don't think their is enough quality there to compensate losing Benn and Morrow. Not to mention the 1st in 2015 is wayy too far in the future to consider it a main piece. Maybe something more like Johannson, Forsberg and a 2013 1st for Benn, but even then I don't think its enough to entice Dallas.

You're proposal for Anaheim wouldn't work for Washington. They sacrifice 3 of their top 6 wingers (IIRC) and their next two seasons worth of top draft picks minus this years first for Ryan and Beauch who is not getting any younger. I would think Washington stays away from this.

You're third one is alright value wise (in a vaccum) except that Colorado doesn't need Neuvirth what with them having Varlamov and all and they don't need to take up two extra roster spots for players that they don't really need.

Essentially, it is alot of quantity (with some quality although) for high level quality players. I think these deals have wayy too much going on with them to really consider them sound offers. Too much roster shuffling this close to a very short season.

If all 3 go through lineup would be

Benn Backstrom Ovechkin
Morrow Ribeiro Ryan
Chimera O'Reilly Winnik
Hendricks Beagle Crabb

Alzner Carlson
Beauchemin Green
Hamrlik Orlov
Poti

Holtby
Giguere

I'd say the holes on offense from losing Laich, Brouwer, etc have been more than filled. Kings are doing fine with basically having no top prospects at this point. Philly and have been doing pretty well. Beauchemin would give 3 solid years, O'Reilly and Benn probably over 5 each depending on contracts. That's 3 years of pretty much not needing anyone else from the farm to step up. I think we just sign AHL vets capable of NHL spot duty like Aucoin or Rosehill and reclamation projects like Wolski for the next 3 years we could withstand injuries for the most part.

I can see flipping the 1sts going to Dallas and Anaheim if that makes it closer.

Halpysback* 01-17-2013 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DL44 (Post 57737511)
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik, additional 3rd rounder.

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds.


All i gotta say is... thank god that 3rd is in there to balance it out.

You misunderstand. Washington is adding 3rds and other crap as needed to convince teams to retain salary for this year to make this entire thing work.

DL44 01-17-2013 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57737819)
You misunderstand. Washington is adding 3rds and other crap as needed to convince teams to retain salary for this year to make this entire thing work.

ah.. of course.

So summary:
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik,

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds + additional 3rd rounders and other crap.


So a lineup resulting in:

Ryan - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Riberio - Benn - Wolski
Chimera - O'Reilly - Morrow
Crabb - Winnick - Fehr /Hendricks, Beagle

Carlson - Alzner
Green - Hamrlik
Beauchemin - Poti

Holtby - Giguere

fedfed 01-17-2013 02:35 PM

I would consider the Dallas deal, nah to two others.

CanuckCity 01-17-2013 02:40 PM

This could work...in NHL 13

StarsFan74 01-17-2013 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57736693)
To Dallas: Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, 1st 2015
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

Sorry, but I will pass. Johansson and Ward are the only tenured NHLers, and the latter has been a major disappointment since he hit pay-dirt. He's your problem...not ours.

I like Johansson, but not enough to lose the physicality and strong two-way play (incl. a SH scoring threat) that Benn brings.

Forsberg and Galiev, whilst being good prospects, simply add to our current glut of prospects at the wings. Center prospects are better preferred.

The 1st in 2015, as someone pointed out, is too far away to entice us.

BTW, why do you want $2m of Morrow's salary held back? He's UFA this off-season, y'know and if we're to pay him $2m, you basically end up paying him close-to-nothing considering his pro-rated salary for 48 games is $2.4m.

Ducksgo* 01-17-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DL44 (Post 57743327)
ah.. of course.

So summary:
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik,

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds + additional 3rd rounders and other crap.


So a lineup resulting in:

Ryan - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Riberio - Benn - Wolski
Chimera - O'Reilly - Morrow
Crabb - Winnick - Fehr /Hendricks, Beagle

Carlson - Alzner
Green - Hamrlik
Beauchemin - Poti

Holtby - Giguere

So amazing that you Think! Anaheim would do this. And yet
You still include Beuch and Ryan in your deals.

DL44 01-17-2013 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57744983)
So amazing that you Think! Anaheim would do this. And yet
You still include Beuch and Ryan in your deals.

I don't think anything one way or the other... I was just summarizing his trades.

I3ig13ig 01-17-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57737723)
If all 3 go through lineup would be

Benn Backstrom Ovechkin
Morrow Ribeiro Ryan
Chimera O'Reilly Winnik
Hendricks Beagle Crabb

Alzner Carlson
Beauchemin Green
Hamrlik Orlov
Poti

Holtby
Giguere

I'd say the holes on offense from losing Laich, Brouwer, etc have been more than filled. Kings are doing fine with basically having no top prospects at this point. Philly and have been doing pretty well. Beauchemin would give 3 solid years, O'Reilly and Benn probably over 5 each depending on contracts. That's 3 years of pretty much not needing anyone else from the farm to step up. I think we just sign AHL vets capable of NHL spot duty like Aucoin or Rosehill and reclamation projects like Wolski for the next 3 years we could withstand injuries for the most part.

I can see flipping the 1sts going to Dallas and Anaheim if that makes it closer.

The likelyhood that one of these goes through is miniscule, nevermind getting all three. At least one team says absolelutely not in each of these deals, Washington included.

NHL13 trades don't work very well in the real league. I think these ones should be left alone.

n3ss 01-17-2013 04:12 PM

Might want to turn injuries off, just in case.

Ronk 01-17-2013 04:18 PM

Its safe to assume 2 things when I open a 3 pronged trade offer.

A) The team that is in all 3 trades will almost ALWAYS get the better end

B) Ill have to see the same NHL 10/11/12/13 blasts over and over.

DisneyDucky 01-17-2013 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n3ss (Post 57749851)
Might want to turn injuries off, just in case.

Loool

Halpysback* 01-17-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarsFan74 (Post 57744601)
Sorry, but I will pass. Johansson and Ward are the only tenured NHLers, and the latter has been a major disappointment since he hit pay-dirt. He's your problem...not ours.

I like Johansson, but not enough to lose the physicality and strong two-way play (incl. a SH scoring threat) that Benn brings.

Forsberg and Galiev, whilst being good prospects, simply add to our current glut of prospects at the wings. Center prospects are better preferred.

The 1st in 2015, as someone pointed out, is too far away to entice us.

BTW, why do you want $2m of Morrow's salary held back? He's UFA this off-season, y'know and if we're to pay him $2m, you basically end up paying him close-to-nothing considering his pro-rated salary for 48 games is $2.4m.

I'm guessing it may be needed for the cap to work.

I was trying to include at least 2 A class pieces going to each team so it didn't look like those typical Bozak+MacArthur for your everything trades. Johansson is a downgrade on Benn, yes, but he is already a 50 point center with good hockey sense and elite wheels, 2 years younger than Benn as well. Forsberg was by many considered a top 5 prospect for this draft, people were even more shocked by his fall than Grigorienko's. If Niewendyk had decided that he couldn't come to terms with Benn he'd be getting back 2 prospects/young players with A class pedigree and that 1st could turn into something. You never want 1st rounders until the draft, then you can't get enough of them since ZOMG TERAVAINEN IS STILL THERE AT 18. If these went through I anticipate us losing on all 3 long term, but that's the price for having all those players on your team at the same time.

Ward is there for salary but he hasn't been as bad as people think. Nystrom-Fiddler-Ward would be an extremely good 3rd line.

Obviously now that Benn is signed it doesn't matter.

Halpysback* 01-17-2013 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ducksgo (Post 57744983)
So amazing that you Think! Anaheim would do this. And yet
You still include Beuch and Ryan in your deals.

How is it that far off?

Kuznetsov is one of the best prospects in the world and projects as a top line winger.

Laich is a versatile 20g 50p player who can play any position, including opposite Getzlaf and Perry. Could be good for bringing along Holland, Etem, Palmieri as well.

Brouwer is a 20g 40-50p player who is consistently near the top of the league in hits, plays good defense and took another step last season. I'm only including him since we'd need the savings between him and Winnik.

a 1st and 2 2nds are also valuable.

I can see it not being enough, perhaps another 1st or good prospect away but there's plenty of value there.

Exit Dose 01-17-2013 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halpysback (Post 57762077)
How is it that far off?

Kuznetsov is one of the best prospects in the world and projects as a top line winger.

Laich is a versatile 20g 50p player who can play any position, including opposite Getzlaf and Perry. Could be good for bringing along Holland, Etem, Palmieri as well.

Brouwer is a 20g 40-50p player who is consistently near the top of the league in hits, plays good defense and took another step last season. I'm only including him since we'd need the savings between him and Winnik.

a 1st and 2 2nds are also valuable.

I can see it not being enough, perhaps another 1st or good prospect away but there's plenty of value there.

There's your first mistake. The second is assuming Ryan is playing with Getzlaf and Perry. Palmieri is our first line LW for the moment. We're currently trying to figure out which of Holland or Rakell plays on our 4th line.

It doesn't matter if the value is right if it doesn't directly address our needs.

Halpysback* 01-18-2013 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exit Dose (Post 57763195)
There's your first mistake. The second is assuming Ryan is playing with Getzlaf and Perry. Palmieri is our first line LW for the moment. We're currently trying to figure out which of Holland or Rakell plays on our 4th line.

It doesn't matter if the value is right if it doesn't directly address our needs.

What do you disagree with? That Kuznetsov is one of the best prospects in the world? Or that he's still a prospect. He's a 2010 and not in the NHL. If Gormley and Etem can still be considered prospects so can Kuznetsov. As far as his skillset I'm not sure how that's deniable. It's very possibly higher than Ryans, though Ryan is obviously more valuable at this time.

Also, where exactly did you get that I think Ryan plays with Getzlaf and Perry? I'm like the one non ducks fan who knows that's not the case. All I stated is that Laich (or Brouwer for that matter) would make a good complementary winger to Getzlaf and Perry, something that has been largely a third wheel position since Penner left aside from Ryan being there when Anaheim tries to stack the deck or Morrow in the 2010 Olympics.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.