HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Chi - la (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325805)

markisonfire 01-17-2013 02:56 PM

Chi - la

With all the crazy proposals being thrown around, I'll suggest a moderate and perhaps plausible one...

To LA: Hjalmarsson, Saad
To CHI: Bernier, Loktionov

This trade can be evened out with picks if need be, but the foundation is there. The Blackhawks get their starting goaltender of the future and a second-line center, while the Kings get a #4-6 defenseman and a power-forward wing prospect.

deytookerjaabs 01-17-2013 02:57 PM

Don't know about Saad, he's made the team for now so I don't think they'll deal him quite yet.

KingKopitar11* 01-17-2013 03:27 PM

This is a very Saad proposal

HockeySensible 01-17-2013 03:39 PM

Chicago doesn't need or want Lokitonov, he's no more a 2nd line centre than Marcus Kruger or Brandon Pirri.

And, really, why is Chicago adding to Hammer - nevermind the fact that they're adding arguabley their top prospect - for Bernier in the first place? A top-4 Dman can't get Chicago a back-up with promise.. which is all Bernier is at this point.

rajuabju 01-17-2013 03:41 PM

Value wise, I actually think this is relatively decent.

Need wise... just doesnt work for the Kings. Neither player coming back replaces one of our current roster players as a major improvement.

Our roster for this year is set. We need to reload pipeline with picks in this year and next years drafts.

Bubba88 01-17-2013 03:43 PM

bad value for the Hawks. Bowman will not give up Saad for a goalie that isn't a clear upgrade over Crawford. We've been all over this already.

Guy like Frolik or DOlsen + Emery seems more like a deal for Bernier

SLAPSHOT723 01-17-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 (Post 57747309)
This is a very Saad proposal

It wasn't as Biggs as some others.

ScoreZeGoals 01-17-2013 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajuabju (Post 57748075)
Value wise, I actually think this is relatively decent.

Need wise... just doesnt work for the Kings. Neither player coming back replaces one of our current roster players as a major improvement.

Our roster for this year is set. We need to reload pipeline with picks in this year and next years drafts.

I think this works great for the Kings. You basically get a much younger replacement for Scuderi, allowing him to leave in the off-season (as well as filling the immediate hole left by Mitchell), as well as a top left wing prospect that can compete for a spot next year with the departures of Penner and Scuderi. Maybe add Emery from the Hawks and a mid to late round pick from the Kings to give the Kings a veteran back-up that the Hawks wouldn't need anymore.

Hawkaholic 01-17-2013 04:41 PM

Terrible. Hammer alone is worth that return, but you want us to add our best prospect?

TorstenFrings 01-17-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba88 (Post 57748155)
bad value for the Hawks. Bowman will not give up Saad for a goalie that isn't a clear upgrade over Crawford. We've been all over this already.

Guy like Frolik or DOlsen + Emery seems more like a deal for Bernier

Unless you meant them as add ons to Hjalmarsson, those are pretty horrible deals for Bernier.

Hawkaholic 01-17-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kratzbuerste (Post 57751755)
Unless you meant them as add ons to Hjalmarsson, those are pretty horrible deals for Bernier.

Sure, then what is LA adding, Toffoli?

drums4dmf 01-17-2013 05:43 PM

Yeah Lombardi would take this and run. We would need to add to make this happen. Maybe the Kings throw in Clifford and the Hawks give us Emery?

Rorschach 01-17-2013 07:46 PM

I'd like that we're getting a defenseman. I'd like to get someone either younger (so that we can send then down when Mitchell returns), and I would like to get someone who isn't paid so much. Hjalmarsson is being paid an offer-sheeted amount.

If we got Brandon Saad I would treat him as just trade bait for now since we have like 8 young centers with some playing wing; he doesn't really fill an organizational need. Right now Saad is overvalued by the Hawks since he's their best prospect same as how we treat Toffoli. Nothing less than an exceptional veteran player at the trade deadline to fill a dire need will pull this prospect away from the Hawks.

But, the proposal is going the right direction. Chicago may be willing to pay for Bernier's true worth and we do need a good defenseman.

Blackhawkswincup 01-17-2013 07:52 PM

Hawks overpay

Hammer straight up is enough for Bernier at this point

Saad > Loktionov IMO

Rorschach 01-17-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup (Post 57761337)
Hawks overpay

Hammer straight up is enough for Bernier at this point

Saad > Loktionov IMO

First part, I think Hjalmarsson's value to the Hawks may be close to Bernier but in the open market I think Bernier is worth more. Hawks don't have an excessive amount of D and Chicago needs him too, though.

Second part...true. Currently true.

Reaper45 01-17-2013 09:15 PM

I'm probably one of the few Kings fans who'd jump at Hjalmarsson for Bernier. Perfect parter for Doughty when someone over pays for Scuderi in the offseason.

Doughty-Hjalmarsson
Mitchell-Voynov
Martinez-Greene

deytookerjaabs 01-17-2013 09:53 PM

Hjalmarsson would look real good on the Kings IMO. The problem with Bernier isn't his potential, it's whether or not he could succeed on a team like Chicago which is a lot harder said than done. It's not easy for a goalie to go 5 minutes without a shot and then have to stop a couple odd man rushes. The system makes it incredibly hard for these guys to get in a rhythm, let alone when they make a good save only to let in awful softies like Crow. I feel like it's pathetic that Bowman didn't try something at least different this year, because I honestly believe this is the type of team that needs someone who can adapt to an offensive first style that can lead to occasional chaos on defense. We have a scenario where I think a great goalie could look awful and mediocre goalie could perhaps hang in there, just depends on getting the guy with the right level of focus. So, it's a gamble no matter who we take and therefore isn't worth giving up a lot unless we get a sure thing, and like with Bryz, there are no sure things when you go to a completely different system.

KingKopitar11* 01-17-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkaholic (Post 57752987)
Sure, then what is LA adding, Toffoli?

Lol lets not bring Toffoli into this, cause that'd just be Saad.

Bubba88 01-18-2013 12:53 AM

No team wanted to give a 1st for Bernier and now he is worth more than proven NHL players?

Bourne Endeavor 01-18-2013 01:04 AM

I'd either be Hjalmarsson straight or Chicago adds a pick and LA a prospect.

Rorschach 01-18-2013 01:20 AM

I'm not in to the current Hjalmarsson nor his current contract.

I don't think Chicago will be able to solve our defenseman issue. Best we can hope for is Chicago's 1st+ for Bernier and I'm currently wondering if we should just keep JB and deal him to the East. If NJ has a major goaltending problem, we can trade him later, after Quick is back and 100%, after Bernier has some more games to showcase himself a bit. I wouldn't mind one of NJ's D signed to a Lou Lam contract. Then we can see what Chicago's offer is then as well if Crawford plays like expected, threatening to waste a season of all Chicago's stars, especially Hossa.

Also, if we include Lotionov in a deal with Bernier, it may be Edmonton who gives us more.