HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Vancouver - Phoenix (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1325873)

NonBruinHatingCanuck 01-17-2013 05:08 PM

Vancouver - Phoenix

I have been high on Mikkel Boedker since he was in the OHL .. And I was thinking he would play great with a fellow Dane in Hansen...

I would Offer 1st + Gaunce for him or would it take more? I know he only had 23 Points last year but i feel hes going to breakout this year.

Thoughts?

CanadienShark 01-17-2013 05:10 PM

Perhaps I'm undervaluing Boedker, but I see that as an overpayment by Vancouver, and Vancouver is my least favourite team in the league.

NonBruinHatingCanuck 01-17-2013 05:14 PM

I watched Pheonix alot in the playoffs when Vancouver got eliminated and hes a big game player and still only 23 years old! I think hes Potential is fairly high two way forward...

If one of our 3 danes could learn to play center we could have an All Danish Line and I believe that would be a first!

O23L 01-17-2013 05:18 PM

No thank you. Boedker is one of our core players, going into his prime. No way we trade him for a mid to late 20's pick, and a average prospect, especially now that we're in a "win now" mode.

NonBruinHatingCanuck 01-17-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes (Post 57750163)
No thank you. Boedker is one of our core players, going into his prime. No way we trade him for a mid to late 20's pick, and a average prospect, especially now that we're in a "win now" mode.

So lets talk at the trade deadline?

Losing Whitney will hurt you guys big time...

If Pheonix is in Danger of missing the playoffs It might Garner some interest

O23L 01-17-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck (Post 57750421)

Still no. Boedker is only 23, and is a RFA. We will get him signed. Boedker isn't a 33 year old vet looking for a shot at the cup on a load deal. Boedker is part of our present, and future.

NonBruinHatingCanuck 01-17-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhXcoyotes (Post 57750705)
Still no. Boedker is only 23, and is a RFA. We will get him signed. Boedker isn't a 33 year old vet looking for a shot at the cup on a load deal. Boedker is part of our present, and future.

We'll throw in Ballard you guys Loved him!...

Im actually kidding I love Ballard too (probably the only Canucks fan who does)

I think AV has a crippling affect on some players and i suspect hes fired after this year

DesertDawg 01-17-2013 06:34 PM

wouldn't mind Hansen on the Coyotes.
How about Rundblad and a 1st or would it take more?

Winroba 01-17-2013 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 57754075)

This is probably severe overpayment for Hansen

Rutkowski 01-17-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonBruinHatingCanuck (Post 57750421)

Phoenix have the best team they've had since the Tkachuk and Roenick days. They're not missing the playoffs.

LPH 01-17-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Done deal

YotesFan47 01-17-2013 07:32 PM

I think a lot of coyotes fans are pretty high on boedker, you would be hard pressed to find one willing to move him. he might be the 5th or 6th hardest coyote to move from a fan pov.

Bourne Endeavor 01-17-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Never thought I'd say it but done. You are severely overpaying though, mate. And I love Hansen.

rt 01-17-2013 07:37 PM

Boedker goes no where.

XX 01-17-2013 07:40 PM

Boedker was on fire while playing in the SM liiga. He has been a standout in practice and the scrimmage. Tippett expects a career year for him. So no, he won't be traded anytime soon.

Oh_so_saad 01-17-2013 11:54 PM

Boedker is nasty I would take him on the hawks any day. Him with sharpy or toews or kane equals mega chubby

rt 01-17-2013 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by itsokwehavkrueger (Post 57770273)
Boedker is nasty I would take him on the hawks any day. Him with sharpy or toews or kane equals mega chubby

That's very troubling. All the way around.

Vankiller Whale 01-18-2013 12:07 AM

I would want to do something around Gaunce for Rundblad. It looks like Schroeder will be penciled into our roster, and when Kesler comes back, there might not be any room for him any time soon.

StringerBell 01-18-2013 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57770841)
I would want to do something around Gaunce for Rundblad. It looks like Schroeder will be penciled into our roster, and when Kesler comes back, there might not be any room for him any time soon.

Gaunce won't be ready any time soon anyways. He's still 3-4 years away from being NHL ready.

Vankiller Whale 01-18-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StringerBell (Post 57771163)
Gaunce won't be ready any time soon anyways. He's still 3-4 years away from being NHL ready.

I doubt it will take that long. Gaunce is already pretty well developed maturity-wise. I think it's more likely to be two years than 4. He'd also do well in Phoenix's system, I think.

Vorkosh 01-18-2013 12:31 AM

Quote:

Sold, we'll fax over the paperwork in the morning

StringerBell 01-18-2013 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale (Post 57771445)
I doubt it will take that long. Gaunce is already pretty well developed maturity-wise. I think it's more likely to be two years than 4. He'd also do well in Phoenix's system, I think.

Next year he'll still be in juniors, and he isn't the calibre of player that can skip the AHL I. I'd be shocked if he's NHL ready in two years. Also I just think it would be silly to trade him now because there isn't a spot for him in the next couple years.

Agree with you on the second part of your comment though. Phoenix was reportedly interested in him for their pick this year but we snagged him before they could.

Vankiller Whale 01-18-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StringerBell (Post 57771901)
Next year he'll still be in juniors, and he isn't the calibre of player that can skip the AHL I. I'd be shocked if he's NHL ready in two years. Also I just think it would be silly to trade him now because there isn't a spot for him in the next couple years.

Agree with you on the second part of your comment though. Phoenix was reportedly interested in him for their pick this year but we snagged him before they could.

I'm not saying trade him because there won't be a spot for him, I'm saying we can trade him because we don't have any long term need for centre prospects. I'm really high on Rundblad, though.

eklunds source 01-18-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StringerBell (Post 57771901)

Draft Profile #17
Quote:

Being around the NHL development process has clearly paid dividends for Gaunce. He is one of the most NHL-ready prospects in the draft, even if his skill has plenty of room to grow.
Corey Pronman, Canucks top-10
Quote:

Gaunce is a pretty advanced player from a physical and game-processing standpoint. He has high-end hockey sense and shows the ability to set his teammates up very well. He makes good, quick reads and is a pretty impressive defensive forward. Gaunce's body is at or near pro level which is quite unusual for an 18-year-old. He likes to play a power forward game and should be a quality player in that role as a pro. He's got a plus shot with impressive velocity. Gaunce could fast track to the NHL in a short amount of time.

Cogburn 01-18-2013 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eklunds source (Post 57772297)

I've heard that before...sounds, almost verbatim, like Hodgson's reports.