HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Maxim Kitsyn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1326309)

damacles1156 01-18-2013 03:35 AM

Maxim Kitsyn
 
I see he is still wasting away in Russia. Please tell me this is his last year there ?

Hope the Kings get this guy back to North America. Although the damage might already be done.

What shame, hope that doesn't happen to Prokhorkin.

Rorschach 01-18-2013 03:42 AM

I stay ze home.

etherialone 01-18-2013 03:49 AM

The last time I talked with Kitsyn he was excited about almost being done with his contract and he planned on coming back to NA. That was last season though and who knows if things are the same today.

I can say that I saw him play one full game this season and he looks great with the linited action that he was getting. He is a kid who is suited to the NA game and thrives on pressure so if he can get back to NA I think he cqn get bqck on tracm and become a solid lw for us.

bral 01-18-2013 05:11 AM

Both would have benefited SO MUCH from time in Manch it's sad, wasted talent. Sucks.

Kings4thecup 01-18-2013 09:39 AM

Kinda the Detroit model with Euros though, right? Let them play in Europe for 5-6 years, them slot them in when they're fully developed and experienced. I don't know all those rules, but if they have a contract with us and a team in Europe, and stay over there, are the years coming off our contract?

Whiskeypete 01-18-2013 09:53 AM

such a shame to bury a kid like that. almost seems vindictive in how he has been pushed down. from reports i read i know his ice time was reduced, but wasn't he also dropped down to like the 3rd-4th line and to a lower tier team?

tigermask48 01-18-2013 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings4thecup (Post 57781759)
Kinda the Detroit model with Euros though, right? Let them play in Europe for 5-6 years, them slot them in when they're fully developed and experienced. I don't know all those rules, but if they have a contract with us and a team in Europe, and stay over there, are the years coming off our contract?

Problem is Kitsyn's game is very much the NA style of play. Strong along the boards, cycling the puck, and crashes the net net very well. He isn't really much of a finesse guy. Tailor made to succeed and excel in NA hockey be it AHL or NHL. He struggles in the more finesse driven pass the puck until you find an opening European style. he gets demoted because of this and then his development is slowed or stunted...

Plus I think the UFA rules stayed largely the same in the new CBA so yes, the Kings are in fact losing years off his ELC and years before he becomes a UFA by him staying over there.

no name 01-18-2013 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermask48 (Post 57782387)
Problem is Kitsyn's game is very much the NA style of play. Strong along the boards, cycling the puck, and crashes the net net very well. He isn't really much of a finesse guy. Tailor made to succeed and excel in NA hockey be it AHL or NHL. He struggles in the more finesse driven pass the puck until you find an opening European style. he gets demoted because of this and then his development is slowed or stunted...

Plus I think the UFA rules stayed largely the same in the new CBA so yes, the Kings are in fact losing years off his ELC and years before he becomes a UFA by him staying over there.

That's so bogus. Why should the Kings be punished while Russia is in theory making money off of him?

tigermask48 01-18-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name (Post 57782885)
That's so bogus. Why should the Kings be punished while Russia is in theory making money off of him?

That's the way the rules are sadly. Same thing holds true for NCAA prospects... It's all based on age of the player when they sign their first contract. That is why a guy like Elkins was only able to sign a two-year deal with the Kings before becoming a UFA. Same holds true for Kitsyn, if he signs when he's say 23 or 24 he'd be able to sign I think either a 3 or 2 year deal and be a UFA at the end of it. It was rewritten in that way in 2004 to avoid teams doing exactly what was brought up in this thread. Draft a guy from a European league and let him play for 5-6 years there and then sign him after the development is done. Also I'm not an expert of how it works and can't explain the system in detail, so I apoligize if some of the specifics may be incorrect.

Lead Role in a Cage 01-18-2013 01:20 PM

Prokhorkin seems to be doing ok in the KHL. A goal and an assist in 5 games, playing around 14 minutes the last game.

Hope his development turns out to be a positive one.

Rod Buskas* 01-18-2013 09:56 PM

out of all the forward prospects we have, after TT, this guy is the one I'm most excited about. He would be a perfect fit. A young, mobile big body that goes to the dirty areas.

In 2 years, I could see Kitsyn, Pearson & Toffoli replacing Gagne, Penner and Williams.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.