HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Hockey Fights (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=237)
-   -   Big Bad John Scott (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1326395)

Thundergrundle 01-18-2013 09:07 AM

Big Bad John Scott

http://http://www.buffalonews.com/st...W=800&maxH=600

MichiganWolverines 01-18-2013 10:46 AM

I hate John Scott, he hasn't fought a super-heavyweight in the NHL.

Tim Wallach 01-18-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57784795)

Hate seems like a strong word based on the reasoning, but I hear you.

I think you'll see him chase Lucic around the ice a la Georges Laraque when they play Boston. At least, you will if he wants to keep his spot. And that's a fight I'd like to see.

westernhome 01-18-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Wallach (Post 57790727)

I think you'll see him chase Lucic around the ice a la Georges Laraque when they play Boston. At least, you will if he wants to keep his spot. And that's a fight I'd like to see.

if he tries that, I bet Thornton will take him off the ice with him instead

Trognitz 01-18-2013 03:22 PM

big Thornton fan but i see him having trouble with Scott. :( hope we get to see soon. hope i'm wrong.

Bi Coastal Bawse* 01-19-2013 10:10 PM

I for one am sick of hearing about this guy

He is 6'8 and can barely skate, he towers over most people and thats why he wins....

Yeah and he skated away from Thornton last time he asked to fight

Nothingman* 01-19-2013 11:34 PM

When with the Hawks he did little fighting. And avoided more than he fought by far. Not a fan. As a hockey player he is pretty much a pylon and useless.

westernhome 01-20-2013 12:59 AM

blast from the past:

WildcatMapleLeafs28 01-20-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines (Post 57784795)

He fought David Koci a couple of times.

Central Scrutinizer 01-20-2013 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tim Wallach (Post 57790727)

didn"t lucic score the game winner that game.

the more Scott plays the worse it is for the sabres.

RomersWorld* 01-21-2013 04:56 AM

I've never seen Scott lose a fight. People are afraid of John Scott...not the other way around. He just has respect and doesn't start wailing on people...which is to a fault since that is what an enforcer should do when he sees fit. Kind of hard to do with these rules though. He'll go if anyone has the balls to stand up to him and take a beating though.

To say he is scared of Thornton is an absolute joke. Thornton would be counting the seconds before he tried to take down Scott after getting punched in the head IMO.

stingo 01-21-2013 06:49 AM

He never refused to fight Thornton, it was the other way around. John Scott even called out Thornton publically saying something along the lines of "Keep running your mouth, and I'll beat the sh** out of you."

Sensation 01-21-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingo (Post 58002919)
He never refused to fight Thornton, it was the other way around. John Scott even called out Thornton publically saying something along the lines of "Keep running your mouth, and I'll beat the sh** out of you."

Source? Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to hear/see it.

cashman rules* 01-21-2013 03:35 PM

His post is spot on,wanted nothing to do with SST.

BIG BAD BRUINS 01-21-2013 07:24 PM

After the Orr fight the title should be, Glass Jaw John Scott!

Paris in Flames 01-21-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BRUINS (Post 58044753)
After the Orr fight the title should be, Glass Jaw John Scott!

I like where you're going with this but it was a body shot that dropped him ;)

eyeball11 01-21-2013 07:29 PM

The second "legend" Orr has put in his place.

Dampland 01-21-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eyeball11 (Post 58045187)
The second "legend" Orr has put in his place.

"put in his place?" you mean by tagging him with 1 punch that dropped him to his knees, of which he immediately stood up from? There was no flury of punches by Orr, there was no KO, nor did Scott cover up an turtle.

The hate for this guy is so crazy, this was an even fight until the last punch. This was not some 1-sided beatdown as so many haters are trying to claim.

cashman rules* 01-21-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dampland (Post 58046711)
"put in his place?" you mean by tagging him with 1 punch that dropped him to his knees, of which he immediately stood up from? There was no flury of punches by Orr, there was no KO, nor did Scott cover up an turtle.

The hate for this guy is so crazy, this was an even fight until the last punch. This was not some 1-sided beatdown as so many haters are trying to claim.

Its called a knockdown,fight is over.

BruinsNeedaRussian 01-21-2013 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingo (Post 58002919)

Scott was the one that refused last year while with NYR...and you have the context way off on this story BTW.

http://nesn.com/2011/03/blackhawks-j...seeks-revenge/

realgoodleafs 01-21-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

He did not get up until the refs broke it up and he was hiding his face because he got hammered in the ribs.

eyeball11 01-22-2013 05:14 AM

Quote:

Sensitive much? :laugh:

People were going on about Scott like he's some sort of machine that strikes terror in the hearts of men. Apparently he's human after all.

ObjectiveOpinion 01-22-2013 05:27 AM

So my question would have to be: Is the Buffalo News going to write a retraction?

cashman rules* 01-22-2013 08:45 AM

Finally he fights a top 10 fighter and boom........:naughty:

IBLEAF 01-22-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

dude its o.k to cry!!!,maybe scott will win the next time:shakehead