HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Calgary Flames (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Begin Signed (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1326653)

TheHudlinator 01-18-2013 02:17 PM

Begin Signed
 
Steve Begin has been signed today per James Mirtle @mirtle

1 year, 2-way 525,000.

Sean Monahan 01-18-2013 02:19 PM

Hardworking guy with a great attitude, good for him AND CANT WAIT FOR SUNDAY

Feel The Heat 01-18-2013 02:19 PM

I'm glad its a 2 way contract for $525.000

Stewie Griffin 01-18-2013 02:24 PM

If he can win a faceoff, this might be the best signing of 2013. (So far)

MVW 01-18-2013 02:29 PM

Good for him. All coaches want players that play well into their system, not surprised by this at all.

TheHudlinator 01-18-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stewie Griffin (Post 57797323)
If he can win a faceoff, this might be the best signing of 2013. (So far)

Since the lost season (can't believe I can no longer say the lockout) he has a faceoff winning percentage of 50.1%.

FLAMESFAN 01-18-2013 02:41 PM

He basically replaces Bouma as the 'Tweener.

Flames92 01-18-2013 02:46 PM

Any update on Steve McArthy?

CaptainIginla 01-18-2013 05:17 PM

Good signing, cheap 4th liner who plays with intensity

TheHudlinator 01-18-2013 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 57798499)
Any update on Steve McArthy?

Was cut today.

MarkGio 01-18-2013 07:05 PM

Meh, I'll have to see what he brings

Skobel24 01-18-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 57811345)
Meh, I'll have to see what he brings

Expect 110% effort when he's on the ice, solid PKer, good in the face off circle, and the occasional bad penalty.

Flames Fanatic 01-18-2013 09:22 PM

If he plays anything like what I remember from him I'm perfectly okay with having him on the team. Heck if he plays half as well as he used too he's going to be a great addition to the fourth line.

Ceux de Montreal 01-18-2013 09:25 PM

Takes bad penalties but skates well for a fourth-liner and play hard every shift

Volica 01-18-2013 09:45 PM

O
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flames92 (Post 57798499)
Any update on Steve McArthy?

Cut, but flames are weighing his options.
I like the Begin signing, gives two centers out if four that can win some major faceoffs. If backs could get back into form, all bets are off.

Stewie Griffin 01-19-2013 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkGio (Post 57811345)
Meh, I'll have to see what he brings

Think Tom Kostopoulos, except he's a centre - and apparently can win a faceoff.

Calculon 01-19-2013 12:36 AM

Bruins fans thought he was a warrior when he was with them, but that he didn't have much by the end. After a major surgery, it'll have to be seen if he can still play at the NHL level. There's no question of effort, just effectiveness. If he still has something to give, then, it might not be a bad option for a 13th forward. Certainly better than Leblond.

And it's certainly nice to see it wasn't one of Feaster's trademarked two year deals.

Flames92 01-19-2013 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calculon (Post 57825093)
Bruins fans thought he was a warrior when he was with them, but that he didn't have much by the end. After a major surgery, it'll have to be seen if he can still play at the NHL level. There's no question of effort, just effectiveness. If he still has something to give, then, it might not be a bad option for a 13th forward. Certainly better than Leblond.

And it's certainly nice to see it wasn't one of Feaster's trademarked two year deals.

Exactly, a one year deal, low risk high reward. I got no problem with this

danyhabsfan 01-19-2013 09:34 AM

http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/

Look at "La victoire d'un grand guerrier"

RDS excluvity

Hartley gives him the Calgary jersey and it's pretty emotional.



Hartley congratulates him and tells him how sweet that red jersey looks on him and that he's an example of perseverance.

Very nice moment.

Patofqc 01-19-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danyhabsfan (Post 57833559)
http://www.rds.ca/zone-video/

Look at "La victoire d'un grand guerrier"

RDS excluvity

Hartley gives him the Calgary jersey and it's pretty emotional.



Hartley congratulates him and tells him how sweet that red jersey looks on him and that he's an example of perseverance.

Very nice moment.

Wow great moment. You guys in Calgary have yourself have a true warrior. And Bob Hartley is awesome. I am sure the Flames will overachieve this year.

TherapyforGlencross 01-19-2013 10:24 AM

Very happy for Begin, definitely deserved it!

FLAMESFAN 01-19-2013 10:58 AM

I think where his real value will come is showing guys like Howse/Ferland how hard work can get you to the show. In the end I doubt he spends much time with the Flames.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:24 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.