HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Iggy and Kipper to CBj for a 1st and Boone (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1326997)

BigFatCat999 01-18-2013 09:37 PM

Iggy and Kipper to CBj for a 1st and Boone

This is a hypothetical. The CBJ are in playoff contention and their defense is great and their offense is average, but their goal tending is meh.

Calgary FINALLY decides to give up the ghost and is in deep for the lottey, would a trade like this work.

Iginla (1 yr left), and Kipper (2 yrs left)

for

1st (CBJ has 3) and Boone Jenner.

Frank Drebin 01-18-2013 09:38 PM

So hard to imagine CBJ as a buyer at the deadline.

HooliganX2 01-18-2013 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 (Post 57817785)
This is a hypothetical. The CBJ are in playoff contention and their defense is great and their offense is average, but their goal tending is meh.

Calgary FINALLY decides to give up the ghost and is in deep for the lottey, would a trade like this work.

for

CBJ are pretty much a rebuilding team trading for two aging vets makes no sense really.

Vankiller Whale 01-18-2013 09:39 PM

Kiprusoff to Chicago.
Iginla to Pittsburgh.

If they get traded at the deadline.

But I think they'll still try for another year or two before blowing up.

blankall 01-18-2013 09:43 PM

hmm let's see. Iggy AND Kipper, for a mid first rounder at best and a former second rounder who couldn't stick to the Columbus lineup.....Each piece would get more individually.

cyris 01-18-2013 09:43 PM

Quote:

for

If their offense is average and their goaltending is "meh" they probably wont be in playoff contention.

Backlund 01-18-2013 09:43 PM

Hell no. Columbus needs to add and I doubt they will be higher in the standings than us.

capitalsrock 01-18-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Drebin (Post 57817861)
So hard to imagine CBJ as a buyer at the deadline.

So hard to imagine CBJ is in playoff contention.

Bourne Endeavor 01-18-2013 09:56 PM

Why would Iginla and Kipper want to go to Columbus exactly? If they leave Calgary, it'll be for a cup run. Columbus is not that.

Monarchist 01-18-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by capitalsrock (Post 57818179)
So hard to imagine CBJ is in playoff contention.

So hard to imagine Calgary trading veterans for first round draft picks.

DuckEatinShark 01-18-2013 10:09 PM

The Jackets just traded away Nash for good young players. Clearly they are rebuilding.

Why are they trading a 1st rounder for two aging players?

Also, Iggy and Kipper would be worth way more than that.

nowhereman 01-18-2013 10:11 PM

That package MIGHT get you Iginla but not both of them. Iginla is worth a lot more than a 15-20 pick and Kipper is worth more than just Boone Jenner.

But, if I'm Columbus, I'm tanking it this season and picking a player in the top 5. That helps the franchise a lot more than throwing young potential at unneeded vets.

SuperGenius 01-18-2013 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HooliganX2 (Post 57817877)
CBJ are pretty much a rebuilding team trading for two aging vets makes no sense really.

This.

I'd rather miss the playoffs, frankly, than get two old guys, however good they may be. If your hypothetical were correct, they'd be getting there on high level goaltending and wouldn't necessarily need help at that position.

oilergc16 01-18-2013 10:23 PM

doesn't make any sense why cbj would want to do this trade

BigFatCat999 01-18-2013 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Backlund (Post 57818087)
Hell no. Columbus needs to add and I doubt they will be higher in the standings than us.

After the JJ trade CBJ was .500.

After getting Foligno, Dubinsky, and Anisimov. and trading Nash, they GAINED goals while improving defense.

Boveda and I agree CBJ will be a .500 team they can be in the running for the 8th seed.

As for LA, they were the 8th seed till they rode Quick till he broke his back.

Doing the projections I can see CBJ above LAK.

I Am Score* 01-18-2013 10:27 PM

I highly doubt either will hold much value though knowing their age.

Kippy is a solid netminder but the teams that need a goalie all are young other than Chicago.

GeeoffBrown 01-18-2013 10:34 PM

Well if the goal is to make the Flames the worst team in the NHL for a long period of time by making terrible trades, then that's a step in the right direction for them.

mcphllp 01-18-2013 10:55 PM

would have to be a lot more than that i think

DesertDawg 01-18-2013 11:33 PM

Doubt that CBJ will make the playoffs.
Doubt that Iginla would waive his NMC.
Doubt that the Flames have enough confidence in their goaltending to move Kiprusoff
Doubt that is the best offer for those players.

Iginla to the Coyotes!!!

Leafs87 01-18-2013 11:36 PM

Trading iggy and kipper to one team for a 1st and a prospect makes no sense, because that 1st gets worst with every game they play

Crede777 01-18-2013 11:41 PM

1. I actually think Iginla and Kipper would hold more value than a mid-1st and Jenner (considering we're in the playoff hunt). That's considering what it'd take to get them out of Calgary. I actually think Iginla would fetch close to that despite his age.

2. If Columbus were to be competing for a playoff spot, they would just take the playoff experience without trying to load up on vets. This is a rebuilding process so if Columbus DID find itself in the 1st round of the playoffs, it wouldn't sweat a 1st round exit given the experience and how nobody really expects to make the playoffs.

3. I doubt Iginla and Kipper would waive to come to Columbus. Maybe Kipper but almost certainly not Iginla.

4. Doesn't make much sense for Columbus to trade away futures given where they are right now.

Not a BAD trade given it obviously takes into considerations what both teams could value. I just don't think the situation would be right.

The Zetterberg Era 01-19-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

for

Not enough, that is likely the package for one of those guys if you're lucky.

craigcaulks* 01-19-2013 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BradD (Post 57820139)
I highly doubt either will hold much value though knowing their age.

Kippy is a solid netminder but the teams that need a goalie all are young other than Chicago.

If you ignore trade deadline deals over the last 20 years that would make perfect sense.

nogger 01-19-2013 01:02 AM

If Columbus drafted 1st overall and we were out of a playoff spot i'd think about it.

The thought of drafting both Mackinnon and Drouin is almost drool worthy.

Skobel24 01-19-2013 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertDawg (Post 57822727)
Iginla to the Coyotes!!!

I don't see it happening.